IGNORED

Russia's anti-Gay laws provoke outrage in U.S.

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Russian vodka goes down the drain as gay activists in the US protest against a Russian law dubbed by Western media as "anti-gay." Meanwhile, the law "against promoting homosexuality to minors" finds support in traditional Russia.

The Russian legislation passed on June 30 was met with cries of outrage and calls by gay activists for a determined response. Demonstrators around the US  have joined the LGBT community on the weekend by dumping vodka into the street calling for a ban of all Russian food and drink in protest to what they call ‘Russia's anti-gay laws.’

The law sparked concerns in the Western media, with some speculating that it prohibits ‘holding hands’,  according to ABC Good Morning America, or that the ‘offenders face jail sentences’, according NBCNews.

Meanwhile, the law is not about punishing people for being homosexual, but rather it intends to keep minors from being influenced by non-traditional sexual relationship propaganda and it will be enforced with fines, but not criminal punishment.

A recent survey carried out by Russia’s Independent Levada Center in July shows that the overwhelming majority of Russians do not support non-traditional sexual orientation. The poll conducted regularly returns almost identical results each time.

RT news

http://rt.com/news/russia-gay-propaganda-law-069/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Well, if that's not sobering news I don't know what is.   :grin: *queue comedy drum roll*

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I think this has to be looked at in context.  The average American does NOT support the perverted lifestyles of these 'gay activists' here.  Nor does the average American care what the Russians do in their country (unless it's associated with hiding Edward Snowden). I'd venture to say you'd have to look in the far margins of American society to find ANYONE who would pour Russian vodka down the drain because of a law made over there.  We, as a rule, simply don't care.

I think this has to be looked at in context.  The average American does NOT support the perverted lifestyles of these 'gay activists' here.  Nor does the average American care what the Russians do in their country (unless it's associated with hiding Edward Snowden). I'd venture to say you'd have to look in the far margins of American society to find ANYONE who would pour Russian vodka down the drain because of a law made over there.  We, as a rule, simply don't care.

I agree with you. I do not believe that the average American supports the gay lifestyle, nor does the average American care what laws are passed in Russia. This was not meant to imply anything and therefore no context needs to be applied. It is simply news, that's all, but one that I thought may be of interest to Christians. Is it a sign of the times, perhaps?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Russian vodka goes down the drain as gay activists in the US protest against a Russian law dubbed by Western media as "anti-gay."

And Russia's response?

Probably: :77_77:

(I wonder how many of those protesters bought the Vodka just to pour out in protest.  :doh: )

I agree with you. I do not believe that the average American supports the gay lifestyle, nor does the average American care what laws are passed in Russia. This was not meant to imply anything and therefore no context needs to be applied. It is simply news, that's all, but one that I thought may be of interest to Christians. Is it a sign of the times, perhaps?

Well, that's my point.  There are a paltry few doing this out of a nation of 318,000,000 people.  I can't see why it's news but, apparently, it is:lightbulb2:

Well, that's my point.  There are a paltry few doing this out of a nation of 318,000,000 people.  I can't see why it's news but, apparently, it is:lightbulb2:

Because these 'paltry few' are making headlines, probably due to a corrupt media that is deliberately trying to highlight their point of view. This is where it all starts. It's the same with all the 'gay rights' movements. They get far more airtime than they are worth. This is designed to make their view appear mainstream, so that more and more people buy into the lie.

Because these 'paltry few' are making headlines, probably due to a corrupt media that is deliberately trying to highlight their point of view. This is where it all starts. It's the same with all the 'gay rights' movements. They get far more airtime than they are worth. This is designed to make their view appear mainstream, so that more and more people buy into the lie.

I'm not going to argue with any of that, WW.  The media has to be fought, every step of the way.  They seem to be on the wrong side of everything and, given their influence, they are not doing society any good.