• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,153
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I do not look for holiness here but in my heart in relation to The Lord I do ... outwardly I guard my eyes, I slip every once in awhile with repentance, but

I wait for the clean place where sin has never been nor considered! I actually yearn for this place for I will be clean and you will be clean and God will

be glorified :)   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Don't get me started about the way women dress.Some of them are asking for a real disaster.Everything is hanging out.Everywhere you look.Women are just advertising.LOOK AT ME!!!I beg your pardon Butero but if women would dress more appropriately men would not have all those body parts to gawk at.It is totally obnoxious.

Yet ultimately aren't we each accountable for our own actions and thoughts?

I cannot control how people around me dress. I can control (with the help of the Holy Spirit) how I react to people around me, what I do, and my thoughts. Would you agree?

God bless,

GE

GE,it is wrong for a woman to tempt a man.By dressing inappropriately and having alot of the body exposed .And on purpose.This is going to be a sensative subject because their are alot of women out there not dressed as God would want her to dress.And that is even  women in the Church.It is wrong.No you can not control the way women around you dress but they can.Yes,if you are subjected to this sinful display then you do have an obligation to God to look the other way.But you are human.

BoPeep...this might be my only post in this thread.  1.  You cannot control how another dresses and so it is no use to be upset about it

2.  If this is a hot button issue for you, I would, respectfully, suggest you pray about it and pray for those women....it may help with some of that apparent anger

3.  And this is VERY important:  a good looking woman often does not even have to dress in a revealing way to have men lust after her, whistle after her,

make comments to her, make inappropriate comments to her, touch her inappropriately, and just plain stare at her and make her uncomfortable

The ugly truth is that many young women...young teenagers in school even...dress like $10.00 w----s.  They degrade themselves and cheapen their worth....many have low self esteem and draw attention

in a manner that is bound to get attention...many are from broken homes or have had an absent father and desire male attention.

Let's not condemn other women, but take an objective look if possible and try to see the whole picture and not just what bothers us personally.

Respectfully and thanks.  As I said, this may (may, maybe) my only post, so please do not be offended if I do not answer  if you respond to this post.  I'm just throwing this out there for some thought

No, I can not control the way some women dress.No it is not just women from broken homes.You are catagorizing women if you think that is the case.You have your wealthy women,Grandmas,Christian women dressing in this manner.Satan loves it.And satan loves to see men stumble and fall and satan loves for women to be promiscuous.I will not be affected if you do not answer.That is your choice.Like I have said on many posts life is full of choices.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I wonder how long it would take for people to just become custom to it if we all just stripped off and went back to the buff.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Male sexuality is much more visually oriented than is female sexuality (of course we are speaking in generalities here, but without generalities conversation becomes impossible!).  Realizing this is a weakness for almost any normal man, Christian women should listen the the Scriptural exhortations on dress:  "Let the women dress 'shame-facedly'...."  and out of Christian Charity should not consider doing ANYTHING which may cause a weaker Christian to stumble.

Interesting. So would you include public breastfeeding into this?

What about wearing swimwear?

Curious.

God bless,

GE

1. I don't see any problem if a gal uses a nursing blanket or some such contrivance in public.

2. WHAT'S WRONG WITH PLEATS???

Guest ninhao

Inside the Church it is good that both the man and the woman are accountable for lust and modesty. When a Christian man lusts for a scantily dressed secular woman the onus is fully upon the Christian man to act appropriately.

1 Corinthians 5:12 (KJV)
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

Matthew 5:16 (KJV)
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

I wonder how long it would take for people to just become custom to it if we all just stripped off and went back to the buff.

It is called desentitization.Satan loves it.We are now seeing it progressing quite well in this world.

Male sexuality is much more visually oriented than is female sexuality (of course we are speaking in generalities here, but without generalities conversation becomes impossible!).  Realizing this is a weakness for almost any normal man, Christian women should listen the the Scriptural exhortations on dress:  "Let the women dress 'shame-facedly'...."  and out of Christian Charity should not consider doing ANYTHING which may cause a weaker Christian to stumble.

Interesting. So would you include public breastfeeding into this?

What about wearing swimwear?

Curious.

God bless,

GE

1. I don't see any problem if a gal uses a nursing blanket or some such contrivance in public.

2. WHAT'S WRONG WITH PLEATS???

GE,If a mother is covering herself with a blanket and she is nursing her baby I am quite ok with that.Their is nothing wrong with pleats as far as I am concerned.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Great topic and very good discussion.

I have struggled with this my entire adult (and even before) life.  I am knocking on 50 and I just now feel I am starting to get it under control.  Lets just say I am a very visual person. 

there has been many good points made in this thread and some of them I agree with totally.

First, for men that struggle with this, it truly does not matter what the woman is wearing, we will still look and stare.  This is not the fault of the woman, but of the man doing the looking and thoughts.  It is an insidious sin that can control a man if he is not careful.   It has been a 35 year fight for me and I am just now feeling like I am starting to win it.  In my younger days I had many vices, I was a smoker and was basically a drunk.  I quit smoking cold turkey in 1996 and went a decade without drinking and just recently allowed my self to have one beer at night and have no desire to have more.   Both of those habits were like child's play to break compared to the sin of lust, and there is no other word that fits.

With that said, what a woman wears can have an effect on all men, not just those that struggle with this sin.  A beautiful woman wearing the right (or is it wrong) clothing can turn the head of even the most devout man.  I do believe this is something that a woman needs to keep in mind as she chooses her clothing.

the huffington post has done some research on what really goes on in a nudest camp.......   don't think
I can post the site, but the written article is interesting.

Worthy takes me down some truly interesting roads