AndrewOSpencer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I know as I study the bible I run across items I constantly overlook.  I know I've read all of Matthew at least 5 times, and then last night, while reading a book about Heaven, BAM: I read where many holy people were resurrected at the same time as Jesus and came into Jerusalem.  

How many facts and statements have you noticed in a  passage after having read it several times? I do it  constantly, and my reading comprehension skills aren't lousy! 

Am I alone in this?  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No, you aren't. It's easy to miss passages like that because no one talks about the (hardly).

(And no one talks about them because they don't know how to make sense of them.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I know as I study the bible I run across items I constantly overlook.  I know I've read all of Matthew at least 5 times, and then last night, while reading a book about Heaven, BAM: I read where many holy people were resurrected at the same time as Jesus and came into Jerusalem.  

How many facts and statements have you noticed in a  passage after having read it several times? I do it  constantly, and my reading comprehension skills aren't lousy! 

Am I alone in this?  

Scripture speaks to us every time. It may not be the exact same way but God reveals Himself a little more each time we read His Word with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. :)

That has happened to me often. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Am I alone in this?  

Andrew we all find new things as we read the Bible.  But just so, we understand they resurrected after Jesus resurrected:

52)  And the graves were opened and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53)  And came out of the graves after His Resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Matthew 27:52-53

We must remember that Christ is the Firstfruit of the Resurrection (I Corinthians 15:20-23).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

ok, so maybe my reading comprehension does leave a bit to be desired... :biggrin2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Not alone at all!!! Our Bible is Alive Because Our Jesus Lives!!! Just like everyone has said: The Holy Spirit is in The Business of Leading and Guiding us into All Truth...and I truly love to experience the same eureka moments that "man" has-they are real!!!

Love to you In Him