MarkNigro

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

But that's not the basis for your calculations.  Your calculations assume that chemistry itself is random.  We know for a fact that it's not.  Molecules spontaneously bond on their own according to their inherent properties.

You should read this...

Of the twenty amino acids used in proteins, ten were formed in Miller's atmospheric discharge experiments. The two other major proposed sources of prebiotic amino acid synthesis include formation in hydrothermal vents and delivery to Earth via meteorites. We combine observational and experimental data of amino acid frequencies formed by these diverse mechanisms and show that, regardless of the source, these ten early amino acids can be ranked in order of decreasing abundance in prebiotic contexts. This order can be predicted by thermodynamics. The relative abundances of the early amino acids were most likely reflected in the composition of the first proteins at the time the genetic code originated. The remaining amino acids were incorporated into proteins after pathways for their biochemical synthesis evolved. This is consistent with theories of the evolution of the genetic code by stepwise addition of new amino acids. These are hints that key aspects of early biochemistry may be universal. 

I have looked at Miller's experiment. It is not a random experiment at all but an apparatus that Miller used. Miller used a spark to get reactions, so he had to use a trap to remove the products immediately. So it was rigged.

There is no way to know what amino acids formed and where. Any ocean environment will quickly dilute.

He only made some of the amino acids, not all. They were racemix. Still does not change the odds much. Do not even know if such a limited set of amino acids will produce a first creature. 

So we do not even know that the creature could live, survive or evolve.

You have provided nothing. A rigged experiment by an intelligent scientist.

A guess at the conditions of the early environment.

Please provide real numbers.

Please provide something other than an unobserved untested thought exercise.

Please give a full description of what Miller actually did.

As usual with most evolutionist scenarios just a conjecture with no real details.

Nothing in that description you have gives a single number and just conjecture.

That is just a story with complete conjecture. 

First, it's patently obvious that you didn't bother to read the paper.  Heck, you barely read the abstract.  If you'd paid closer attention, you would have seen this part:

"regardless of the source, these ten early amino acids can be ranked in order of decreasing abundance in prebiotic contexts"

IOW, Miller's early experiments were not important to the paper except as background.  That you didn't bother to pay attention to that once again tells me that you're not asking your questions in good faith.  Once again, I try and be helpful in providing you information and you refuse to even look at it.

So why are you asking for information if you have no intention of looking at it?

Then why mention Miller?

The rest is still a story and nothing more.

Then why mention Miller?

Read the paper and find out.  Or answer my question:  So why are you asking for information if you have no intention of looking at it?

I will redo the calculations with the reduced number of amino acids. It still will not help much.

Of course an additional evolutionary step will be there after to bring in the other amino acids. The odds in the end are the same.

New calculation using only 10 amino acids, racemix

For 10 amino acids that are racemix

For a total protein sequence of 50,000 amino acids long, the total number of sequences is 20^50,000 (counting left handed and right handed amino acids). That is approximately equal to 10^65,000.  

If you divide all the universe into boxes a Plank length long and time into small units the size of the time it takes for light to traverse a Plank length, then there are only 10^250 points in all space for all time. So at best the odds that it happened once at all in all the universe for all time is 10^64,750 to one.

Now of course I have greatly underestimated the odds by quite a bit. 50,000 amino acids do not usually come all together by chance vey often, if ever. I also did not consider the odds of all the other atoms of the exact kinds which are needed to build and maintain the structure. Finally that many amino acids do not make a creature that could sustain itself and certainly not duplicate itself. Finally I gave it all of the universe. But in much of that space the creature could not live. Of course that is just a first step protein based creature without RNA and DNA. And even then it is just a one cell organism.

For only 4 amino acids that are racemix

For a total protein sequence of 50,000 amino acids long, the total number of sequences is 4^50,000 (counting left handed and right handed amino acids). That is approximately equal to 10^30,000.  

If you divide all the universe into boxes a Plank length long and time into small units the size of the time it takes for light to traverse a Plank length, then there are only 10^250 points in all space for all time. So at best the odds that it happened once at all in all the universe for all time is 10^29,750 to one.

Now of course I have greatly underestimated the odds by quite a bit. 50,000 amino acids do not usually come all together by chance vey often, if ever. I also did not consider the odds of all the other atoms of the exact kinds which are needed to build and maintain the structure. Finally that many amino acids do not make a creature that could sustain itself and certainly not duplicate itself. Finally I gave it all of the universe. But in much of that space the creature could not live. Of course that is just a first step protein based creature without RNA and DNA. And even then it is just a one cell organism.

*sigh*

You're still repeating the same fundamental error (chemistry is not "by chance").  At this point you're just ignoring almost everything that's said to you.

No error. Amino acids do not have an ordering mechanism at all. 2 amino acids collide. They may form a bond or not depending on certain things. The collision pairs are random though.

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

Math

Statistics

all use actual numbers

What is the size of the smallest organism that can survive without a host organism and replicate without a host organism.

Has anyone ever thought about the improbability of a pebble? I mean, you have trillions and trillions of atoms in a specific arrangement. What are chances that an atom is going to be in that particular space at that particular time, and then have another atom right next to it, at the same time. And it is not just two or three atoms, or even 50,000 but trillions upon trillions! What are the odds that all those atoms would line up so perfectly to form a pebble? 

A pebble is not an ordered system. 

Your comparison is silly.

It means you have nothing.

Sometime The Greatest Minds

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 2 Corinthians 4:3

Aren't

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

~

When I get the sense that you might actually start paying even a little attention to what people post to you, I might start up again.

~

Maybe

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

~

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

~

Maybe

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

Not

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

~

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Mark,

Just so we're clear here, I'm going to take a hiatus from interacting with you. When I get the sense that you might actually start paying even a little attention to what people post to you, I might start up again.

I think I will join you on this one

Therefore there is no answer for what was the first living thing from evolutionary science/

Evolution is a false theory.

Even its backers cannot defend it.