IGNORED

What do you think about breastfeeding? Cover or no cover?

GoldenEagle

So what does God think of breastfeeding?

He created breasts for the purpose of feeding babies, whether they are human, feline or canine, all mammels are provided breasts to feed infants. That is how mammals are distinguished. I even remember seeing a movie of a whale breast feeding. Thought it was remarkable.

It is an act of bonding and nurturing. Babies are even born with a rooting reflex that causes them to turn their heads in search of milk when their cheeks are touched. It is as basic as mankind itself.

However, satan manages to pervert everything that God has said "It is good". I see it the responsibility of the offended person to overcome their perverse thinking and to change rather than the responsibility of person doing what God has always intended. Do you also think the cat should cover herself when nursing her kittens? When a woman is nursing she also prefers it to be private relaxed moment between her and her baby; sometimes it is not possible. When I was in a restraunt when my milk "came in" I would ask for a secluded area to nurse, perhaps a banquet room that was closed off. Usually a waitress was very accomodating.

Now, I was shocked and outraged to hear about a woman on a bus nursing an infant, uncovered, who had a 4 year old next to her. Both the mother and the 4 year old were smoking cigarettes! Then the 4 year old asks mommie for the other breast and procedes to suckle while holding a cigarette in one hand!!! That would make me stare. The age of the child, the thought of a 4 year old child smoking, together with his nursing a mother who was also smoking is a little more than I can handle. I hate to even see a mother smoking while nursing because of the possiblity of burning the child. This occurred in the 40s and was seen in a nearby town. Their accents indicated they were from the south.

Now there's an image I didn't need.   :taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Interesting thing happen to me today. I have been posting a lot a breastfeeding thread, and after speaking with someone about what happened today. I decided it would be best to post this in both threads.

I've spoken out very hard against women not using covers when breastfeeding. Well, today I took my kids on a trip for the day to the museum of life and science in Durham, NC.  When we where there, we were looking at a weather exhibit. Beside the exhibit was a small padded bench. When we walked in a went to the exhibit, my kids and nephew kept going around the exhibit. I noticed the first time I passed the woman she was holding a small child against herself. The child was about 18-24 months old. Maybe, just maybe 12-18 months. Anyways, as I passed the woman the first time she looked up at me and I just gave a quick smile and went back to watching my kids. 3 kids is a handful in a room full of people. Well, I said we went around the exhibit 3 times. The 3rd time around, I realized the woman was not holding the child. She was breastfeeding the child. I didn't see an inch of flesh. She was using no cover. I know my kids didn't notice because they would have said something, or asked me about it. Nobody noticed anything.

While I said in my posts many times, that breastfeeding was ok as long as it was done modestly. I was pretty harsh about using a cover. God reminded me today, that I don't know everything. I apologize to everyone for my words and attitude.

God Bless you all

Firestormx

Joseph

Oh wow.  Thank you Joseph for posting.  I SO appreciate your teachable spirit!

To clarify, people gain trust when they are transparent and I believe, honest, as you have been.  I appreciate the inner struggle you have presented.

God bless you also!

I don't know seven, I guess the way I look at things from my point of view is this. I can get corrected when I step in front of Christ on judgment day or I can let him correct me now. Since I see those IMO as my only 2 choices, and 1 or the other is going to happen. Then, I think I would rather be corrected now. Even if it's 500 times a day, it's better than waiting until judgment day to be corrected. That's one of my prayers that I pray often from the heart. Correct me now Lord Jesus.

I agree but for one thing....if you get corrected on judgement day, prob means y'all were not paying attention on planet earth....now don't whack me, and I don't see you doing this, but sometimes

Christians think God needs them to personally correct others as, well, God showed them something...so, 'I'll just help out here"

Hope you understand how I meant that...again, I don't see you doing that...but I think it is something some folks do.  They take their personal application and try to make one size fits all out of it

when God has already given us the one size fits all...what we do in that size, is between us and God

Thanks

I understand what you are saying and your right. I have unfortunately done that myself before. I forget that it's the Holy Spirit who is the teacher. I'm suppose to speak his truth, The holy Spirit teaches, convicts, and changes hearts and minds. It's an easy thing to forget in the heat of the moment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

God designed breasts with a dual purpose imho. Read song of songs lately?

I agree God designed breasts with a dual purpose. :thumbsup:

Song of Songs also talks about the neck, legs, feet, teeth, hair, lips, etc. Many physical aspects of the human body have a dual purpose.

The breast though is not a sexual organ. It can be used in a sexual function just as the lips, neck, legs, etc. can be.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

then it's into burkas for the ladies  their whole bodies are just a lust machine

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

then it's into burkas for the ladies  their whole bodies are just a lust machine

But those eyes... those alluring blue eyes.

Can we ever escape this argument?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Not for another 15 days.  

Look on the bright side man. It's almost time for our favourite threads to reappear. You know... how bad we are for celebrating Christmas, don't we realise that Jesus wasn't born on December 25, and my favourite, the pagan Christmas tree.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Not for another 15 days.  

Look on the bright side man. It's almost time for our favourite threads to reappear. You know... how bad we are for celebrating Christmas, don't we realise that Jesus wasn't born on December 25, and my favourite, the pagan Christmas tree.

Yay!   :angel2:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

So what does God think of breastfeeding?

He created breasts for the purpose of feeding babies, whether they are human, feline or canine, all mammels are provided breasts to feed infants. That is how mammals are distinguished. I even remember seeing a movie of a whale breast feeding. Thought it was remarkable.

It is an act of bonding and nurturing. Babies are even born with a rooting reflex that causes them to turn their heads in search of milk when their cheeks are touched. It is as basic as mankind itself.

However, satan manages to pervert everything that God has said "It is good". I see it the responsibility of the offended person to overcome their perverse thinking and to change rather than the responsibility of person doing what God has always intended. Do you also think the cat should cover herself when nursing her kittens? When a woman is nursing she also prefers it to be private relaxed moment between her and her baby; sometimes it is not possible. When I was in a restraunt when my milk "came in" I would ask for a secluded area to nurse, perhaps a banquet room that was closed off. Usually a waitress was very accomodating.

Now, I was shocked and outraged to hear about a woman on a bus nursing an infant, uncovered, who had a 4 year old next to her. Both the mother and the 4 year old were smoking cigarettes! Then the 4 year old asks mommie for the other breast and procedes to suckle while holding a cigarette in one hand!!! That would make me stare. The age of the child, the thought of a 4 year old child smoking, together with his nursing a mother who was also smoking is a little more than I can handle. I hate to even see a mother smoking while nursing because of the possiblity of burning the child. This occurred in the 40s and was seen in a nearby town. Their accents indicated they were from the south.

I'd save the shock and outrage for something that you actually see (and there are plenty of things that would warrant shock and outrage).  In the 40's, even here in the South - I would have had to see this situation to have believed it.    It simply seems like some distant urban legend...