MarkNigro

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Schematics aside if death was present before Adam and Eve who sinned about 5801 years ago then it makes God's word a lie as the Bible say's we can not serve two masters.  

Let's try another way.

.... do you agree or disagree with the following statements:

1. A solar day is defined by one complete rotation of the earth around it's axis.

2. A solar day is made up of day (daylight hours) and night (no daylight hours).

3. A day (as defined above) refers to the period of rotation where the earth is exposed to light from the sun.

4. A night (as defined in 2) refers to the period of rotation where the earth is not exposed to light from the sun.

I think you are claiming that a day and night in Genesis 1 is defined as per (3) and (4).

The issue is, that the definition of day requires a sun, and there was none until the fourth solar day.

~

There Is A Son On Day One And Two And Three

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:1-4

Just Like There Is A Son In New Jerusalem

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:3-5

So I Fail To See What The Issue Is

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Unless We're Talking Jesus

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

That Is :)

~

PS: Without Jesus Men Are Ignorant For Neither Science

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? Mark 4:37-41

Nor Philosophy Have A Clue

His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.

When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. John 2:5-10

Of The Power

Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. Daniel 3:22-25

And The Might Of The Son Of God

Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go. John 11:39-44

And I Love Him So

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Joe, you think that Jesus was the light in the creation week of Genesis? Days 1-3 and 4-6?

Clearly that still isn't the same as a solar day we talk about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Joe, you think that Jesus was the light in the creation week of Genesis? Days 1-3 and 4-6?

I do not believe Jesus was that light.

But if the Earth rotated at the same rate then any directional light source at a certain distance or more would make a solar day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But if the Earth rotated at the same rate then any directional light source at a certain distance or more would make a solar day.

You are still avoiding the question of what that light was and what made it directional as if it were in the place of the Sun.

Since you are insisting on interpreting Gen. 1 scientifically, you ought to explain this first light scientifically, should you not?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

you are now making assumptions about the "light".  You assume it was a directional light source at a certain distance.  This is not indicted in the Bible. 

This is more circular reasoning

you are now making assumptions about the "light".  You assume it was a directional light source at a certain distance.  This is not indicted in the Bible. 

Again there is no circular reasoning. 

Genesis 1 says 6 days. They are numbered. They have evening and morning.

Exodus 20:11 is unmistakable.

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Spoken by God once. Written by God twice. 

Again there is no circular reasoning. 

Genesis 1 says 6 days. They are numbered. They have evening and morning.

yes, it really is circular reasoning, you are basically saying A is true because B is true; B is true because A is true where A is the days are 24 hours and B is the "light" is a directional light source at a certain distance.   You cannot us A to prove B and then use B to prove A. 

The fact they are numbered does not make them 24 hour days.

I appreciate you apology in the other there that is now closed.  I hope you understand now that I love the Lord every bit as much as you do, my view is based upon the Bible every bit as much as yours, I just interpret them differently than you.

The Holy Bible is quite clear.

God spoke the following words once and wrote it twice with His own finger into stone. Six days is six days. At the time this was spoken and written (circa 1500 BC) that is 24 hour days. If it weren’t six 24-hour days God would have lied or deceived the Israelites.

Exodus 20:11

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Look at Genesis 1. From the above verse, the whole chapter took only 6 days. It is always days throughout the whole chapter. The days are numbered. Notice also that the day is divided into evening and morning. Notice the order of creation does not match the order given by the Big Bang theory of billions of years. The Sun is created on day 4, the Earth day 1. The trees are created on day 3, but the fish are created on day 5. Also note that in verse 31, at the end of day 6, God said it was very good. But the long ages theory would have had death, disease, and suffering of a multitude of creatures for over billion years at this point. Does not sound very good at all. Adam and Eve would have looked at God and said “are you kidding me?” No wonder they did not believe God in Genesis 3.

Genesis 1:1-31

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Jesus Christ said:

Mark 10:6

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

The Big Bang theory has people created after about 12 billion years. The Holy Bible has it as only in day 6.

Jesus also said:

Luke 11:50-51

50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

That would hardly match 12 billion years later.

Anyone trying to claim long ages will never be able to defend the worldwide flood in the days of Noah.

Genesis 7:11-24

11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;

14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.

17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Just curious. Do you believe that there was a worldwide flood and that the only people that survived were the 8 people on the ark?

Do you realize that no matter how many times you repeat something, that will not make it true?