• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Robby!

Greetings and blessings to you....Not really wanting to elaborate on the subject but just to clarify things for you and whoever may have their misconceptions about witches and sorcerers usually because they have been mislead by a witch(or witches)....they too are being deceived(majority)....the  reason you get 10 different answers from 10 different witches is because there is one very sacred rule for all,that being"power shared is power lost",witches call them selves witches, even amongst themselves....they commonly use the term "wiccan" to those outside of the craft ...even witches that that belong to a coven do not divulge much to one another  for fear of losing power.... it is all satanic whether the witch is aware of it or not,all this stuff about gods and elements is some kind of nonsense that ends up in a book or movie.......you are summoning demons to access power(doesn't sound so good to tell a college buddy)...oh,don't get me wrong the little witch who bought some "wicca 101"book to get started may have read otherwise but it is just lies

The real deal is a very organized religion  and there are many covens all over the world....there are many sects also...a witch is a very dangerous person ,they may start out a Catholic or a Protestant with good intent(white magic)but the more power they are lead into believing is their own and the things of this world they see can be aquired and the people that can be manipulated ,ill intent usually follows

Anything or anyone that is not of God ,is of the devil....that is the simple truth of it........how do I know these things?Because before my Lord and Savior ,Christ Jesus,literally saved my life....I was a practicing  witch..............glory to God ,if He could forgive me and guarantee my spirit redeemed, giving me His blessed assurance of eternity in His Kingdom,He can & will save anyone who asks

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I think all these stupid witch and vampire movies & sitcoms have recruited a new generation of unsuspecting lost souls,let us pray for their salvation

I do apologize for being off topic(just noticed it is about morals and ethics)I just happened upon Robbys post,thought it might be important to expose the truth

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am very interested in knowing how those who do not take God's Word as God's Word think of moral and ethics.

What is good, what is bad or evil?

What is right and what is wrong?

And especially:

How do you define and what arguments do you have for your ideas?

It's interesting for me to know what kind of views there are, so please satisfy my curiosity ;)

I'm an atheist, and I don't get much of a chance to talk about morality. Interesting question. I'll give my take.

Morality is concerned with well being. Pleasure is better than pain. That is the principle of morality. From that, all decisions about what is right and wrong are determined and are on a spectrum of most immoral to most moral.

As beings, we often are faced with situations where morality isn't black and white. Although pleasure is preferred over pain, we may have to give up pleasure in the short run to avoid long term pain, or invite pain in the short run to get a long term pleasure. For example, working out is moral because it helps my well being. I invite temporary pain for long term pleasure. 

What we view as moral is subject to change as our understanding of what helps our well being changes. While I may think it is moral to take a particular vitamin now, if I were to find that this vitamin causes cancer, then I would have discovered it to be more immoral than I originally thought.

This view of morality is much preferred to the view that morality is set in stone and created by a god in my opinion. This leaves no room for improvement and discovery, just a bunch of "do this" and "don't do that". In fact, much of the laws that the Hebrew people's god made for them in the Old Testament are things that we have as a society today would find immoral because it goes against societies well being as a whole. Making a rape victim marry her rapist, slavery and beating your slaves, cutting people's hands off for stealing; these are just a few of these terrible laws that was commanded by this god.

I'm an atheist, and I don't get much of a chance to talk about morality. Interesting question. I'll give my take.

Morality is concerned with well being. Pleasure is better than pain. That is the principle of morality. From that, all decisions about what is right and wrong are determined and are on a spectrum of most immoral to most moral.

:thumbsup:

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

~

The Slide Into Immorality

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Is Only Stopped

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

By Jesus

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

~

Is Only Stopped

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

By Jesus

FresnoJoe, you've brought up some interesting verses. In particular, the Colossians passage. I'd like to give my take on it and I'd love to hear yours.

I interpret Colossians chapter 2 as another example of how many religious leaders attempt to get people out of evaluating a religious doctrines critically into more emotional thinking. This appears to be an attempt to get readers more dependent on the religion instead of critical thinking.

Verses 2-4 are an attempt to appeal to the reader's knowledge and curiosity, by telling them to look towards this religious teaching for knowledge and wisdom rather than allow themselves to be persuaded by other arguments. The writer warns believers in verse 8 to not be taken "captive" by philosophy and "empty deception". He then goes on to repeat the doctrine he believes in from verses 9-15, I presume to get the reader's emotionally charged and their minds off of the "empty deception" that is critical thinking.

For me, anyone that says I shouldn't get into philosophy (logic is a key part of philosophy) in order to evaluate claims should have their claims looked at with suspicion. Indeed, the unsubstantiated claims that the writer makes from verses 2-4 and 9-15 seem more like "empty deception" than the very thing the writer argues against.

~

Is Only Stopped

By Jesus

For me, anyone that says I shouldn't get into philosophy (logic is a key part of philosophy) in order to evaluate claims should have their claims looked at with suspicion.

Indeed

Life From Death

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Simple logic is one thing, but distorted logic is more frequently used by evolutionists. The mother of all distortions is the logic behind how life started on earth. Most scientists, being atheistic by definition, claim that life started in some unknown depths of the ocean, where the extremely high temperatures and pressure resulted in a single cell coming to life.

Duane Gish reported in the book "Up With Creation," "The simplest form of life known to science contains hundreds of different kinds of enzymes, thousands of different kinds of RNA and DNA molecules, and thousands of other kinds of complex molecules." And since the ultimate fate of a cell is death, "...the ability to reproduce...would have had to exist from the beginning..."

The frightening part of the above fiasco is that it is the very foundation of the entire evolution belief. Consider that all of the scientific data, every bit by all the PhD's with their electron microscopes etc. is all based on the accidental life from dead matter belief. Talk about a foundation built on sand. They should be so lucky. This is a foundation hanging in the air, with nothing under it. Romans 1:22 is pertinent here. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."

The origin of life could only have occurred through the acts of an omniscient creator. "In the Beginning God created," is the best statement on the origin of life. http://www.vachristian.org/Creationism/Logic-Common-Sense-and-Scientific-Inquiry.html