• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/16/1985

i was reading and came across this what you think your church would do 

Pastor Jeremiah Steepek transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church that he was to be introduced as the head pastor at thatmorning. He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes while it was filling with people for service....only 3 people out of the 7-10,000 people said hello to him. He asked people for change to buy food....NO ONE in the church gave him change. He went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit n the back. He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty looks, with people looking down on him and judging him. 

As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church announcements and such. When all that was done, the elders went up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church to the congregation........"We would like to introduce to you Pastor Jeremiah Steepek"....The congregation looked around clapping with joy and anticipation.....The homeless man sitting in the back stood up.....and started walking down the aisle.....the clapping stopped with ALL eyes on him....he walked up the altar and took the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused for a moment....then he recited

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and told them all what he had experienced that morning...many began to cry and many heads were bowed in shame.... he then said....Today I see a gathering of people......not a church of Jesus Christ. The world has enough people, but not enough disciples...when will YOU decide to become disciples? He then dismissed service until next week.......Being a Christian is more than something you claim. It's something you live by and share with others.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I just posted this same story not to long ago. Powerful message in it, though like it was pointed out in my post there is no independent verification that this guy even exists-or that this happened. And you would think a church of 10,000 this would be easy to verify.

As far as what my church would do I go to a small but very giving church-they would welcome anyone in and likely feed a homeless man.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/16/1985

I just posted this same story not to long ago. Powerful message in it, though like it was pointed out in my post there is no independent verification that this guy even exists-or that this happened. And you would think a church of 10,000 this would be easy to verify.

As far as what my church would do I go to a small but very giving church-they would welcome anyone in and likely feed a homeless man.

yeah why i posted it the message is powerful rather it happen or not 

i was reading and came across this what you think your church would do 

Pastor Jeremiah Steepek transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church that he was to be introduced as the head pastor at thatmorning. He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes while it was filling with people for service....only 3 people out of the 7-10,000 people said hello to him. He asked people for change to buy food....NO ONE in the church gave him change. He went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit n the back. He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty looks, with people looking down on him and judging him. 

As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church announcements and such. When all that was done, the elders went up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church to the congregation........"We would like to introduce to you Pastor Jeremiah Steepek"....The congregation looked around clapping with joy and anticipation.....The homeless man sitting in the back stood up.....and started walking down the aisle.....the clapping stopped with ALL eyes on him....he walked up the altar and took the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused for a moment....then he recited

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and told them all what he had experienced that morning...many began to cry and many heads were bowed in shame.... he then said....Today I see a gathering of people......not a church of Jesus Christ. The world has enough people, but not enough disciples...when will YOU decide to become disciples? He then dismissed service until next week.......Being a Christian is more than something you claim. It's something you live by and share with others.

Excellent read.   :clap:

Thanks for posting it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Interesting. But I find it hard to believe. I made it a point to make conversation with some homeless folks and offer them some help, when they visited church just this morning. I cannot imagine I am that much different than 'average Joe Christian.'

So, it may have happened, but I have my doubts.....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I don't find it hard to believe at all.

Some 25+ years ago I found myself newly divorced and had absolutely nothing. I was living in S Cal and decided I would hitchhike back to IA to get back on my feet again.

I took a ride from a truck driver in Grand Junction CO into Kansas he wasn't going to follow the interstate but instead took a primary highway, the result was I got stuck in the middle of Kansas on a two lane highway. I took up a place at the edge of town where I was close to a church about a block off the main road, the doors were unlocked and I could get water and use the bathroom. The first morning I went to the coffee shop for some coffee and a doughnut,  A farmer asked if I wanted to work so I spent the better part of the day cutting weeds out of one of his soybean fields, that put a few more dollars in my pocket, I never pan handled.  The next three days I spent sitting listening to radio sermons and reading my bible as the locals drove by and looked like at me like I was a freak from the circus.

To make a long story short I went to that church several times a day and at night, never once did I meet or see anyone. The people knew what I was doing where I was sleeping the whole 9 yards, not one person ever stopped or even talked to me. Finally a sheriff came by and asked me some questions and mentioned that people were worried about me, that was news to me they didn't seem the least bit concerned for me, I suspect they were concerned for themselves. But the sheriff got on his radio and a short time latter he told me to get in the car, he gave me a ride to the county line where the next count sheriff picked me up and took me to a place that bought me a ticket to my destination. 

No it doesn't and wouldn't surprise me one bit to see that story played out for real.

This town was probable about 4000 people and I know good and well everyone in town knew about the hitchhiker out on the highway sleeping and washing up in the church.

Yet I never meet a single member and was instead expecting to find the door locked at some point but that never happened.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I don't find it hard to believe at all.

Some 25+ years ago I found myself newly divorced and had absolutely nothing. I was living in S Cal and decided I would hitchhike back to IA to get back on my feet again.

I took a ride from a truck driver in Grand Junction CO into Kansas he wasn't going to follow the interstate but instead took a primary highway, the result was I got stuck in the middle of Kansas on a two lane highway. I took up a place at the edge of town where I was close to a church about a block off the main road, the doors were unlocked and I could get water and use the bathroom. The first morning I went to the coffee shop for some coffee and a doughnut,  A farmer asked if I wanted to work so I spent the better part of the day cutting weeds out of one of his soybean fields, that put a few more dollars in my pocket, I never pan handled.  The next three days I spent sitting listening to radio sermons and reading my bible as the locals drove by and looked like at me like I was a freak from the circus.

To make a long story short I went to that church several times a day and at night, never once did I meet or see anyone. The people knew what I was doing where I was sleeping the whole 9 yards, not one person ever stopped or even talked to me. Finally a sheriff came by and asked me some questions and mentioned that people were worried about me, that was news to me they didn't seem the least bit concerned for me, I suspect they were concerned for themselves. But the sheriff got on his radio and a short time latter he told me to get in the car, he gave me a ride to the county line where the next count sheriff picked me up and took me to a place that bought me a ticket to my destination. 

No it doesn't and wouldn't surprise me one bit to see that story played out for real.

This town was probable about 4000 people and I know good and well everyone in town knew about the hitchhiker out on the highway sleeping and washing up in the church.

Yet I never meet a single member and was instead expecting to find the door locked at some point but that never happened.

I'm sorry, but did you go wash up and get water during service times? No? Well, is it any wonder you didn't meet anybody at the church? Did you expect them to come seek you out? That's a very self-centered attitude, it seems to me!

That somebody paid a ticket to your destination ought to make you feel grateful, not offended. That the church was LEFT OPEN so you and others could avail yourselves of the services should make you feel grateful, not offended.

Ingratitude is one of the ugliest human qualities.....

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Jason its good to see you posting on the boards and also active in chat. :thumbsup:

As you rightly say , It's a powerful message and one that makes us stop and think , even if we do not know if it happened. 

GBU and thank you for starting this thread. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Hi folks

I hate it when people try to deceive me into thinking they are someone they are not. I dislike this kind of stunt.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

In our former church of a bout 2500-3000 members we actually did have a pastor come in 2010 or 2011 who dressed up as a homeless man.

Fortunately, two guys tried to befriend him, offered him food, and offered him shelter. They even started sharring the Gospel with him. The rest of the church pretty much ignored him or treated him like the plague. It was a big eye opener.

I'll try to get the name.

God bless,

GE