Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest C.D. Light

JIMMY SWAGGART?

30 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I was wondering if any of you have any information on Jimmy Swaggart. I have heard that he was caught in adultery in 1987. What has happened to him after that? I was trying to get some info of his site but his sites were down, so I thought that he probably left the ministry. And the other day I also heard about some Christian organization called PTL and I heard that they were involved in a big scandal. If you guys know any thing about them please response. And also one more thing do you think that people like Jimmy that morally sin and do all those stuff after the truth becomes known, do you think if they truly repent, they shall be pastors and preachers again? Or just attend church and not speak from a pulpit. ???      

:)

From what I have gathered he was in kahoots with the Bakkers (Jim & TammiFaye)!

Swaggarts moral failure confession came February 21st, 1988...Coupled with his later refusal to accept the terms of rehabilitation expected of other ministers facing similar charges, as well as his subsequent defrocking, he was dis- associated by the Assembly of God... History of AG by Gary B. McGee.

Don't know what he (Swaggart) is up to now. Heard that TF Bakker(?) is ministering to gays...

In Christ, Karen :)

I don't want to get into  the specifics of what they did because, IMO, it would not be edifying, but just gossip that would serve no good purpose.

But, to answer your question - NO, I don't think they can be preachers again. Scripture says our leaders should be above reproach and should first be able to keep their own houses in order.

They can certainly serve the Lord in many ways, but not as a leader/Preacher. That is not "holding it against them", it is accepting the consequences of their sin. If they insist they have repented and want their ministry back, that is just pride IMO. There is a great need for the Lords' servants in many areas. But do they want to do the grunt work? No. They want the "glory" position back.

IMO when you've abused the "glory position" there is forgiveness upon true repentence, but the glory position will not be given by God again.  It is back to the grindstone and a "grunt position".

BTW, Jimmy Swaggart did not commit actual adultery; wanna clear that up. I dont know what JS is doing now. Anybody know?

Jim Bakkar did and now he has a much smaller ministry. He's doing fine I understand, and is happily remarried.

I agree with WIP, to discuss this in detail would not be edifying and serves no purpose other than gossip.  Both men have repented, and thats whats important.

cd

Went to the swaggart website.  I see he's doing just fine; so is his son. Im happy for them.

cd

IMO when you've abused the "glory position" there is forgiveness upon true repentence, but the glory position will not be given by God again.

Hi jesusson,

according to Google.com his website is:

http://www.jsm.org/exploreJSM.cfm

It appears to be up and running...

Thank you for the site, that is the  site that I went to in the morning and just now but it doesn't let me in. Thank you though.   :)

IMO when you've abused the "glory position" there is forgiveness upon true repentence, but the glory position will not be given by God again.

Jesusson  --  Click onto that site, or retype it and enter.  I just clicked it and I am there.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0