Sign in to follow this  
Guest C.D. Light

JIMMY SWAGGART?

Karen C.    29

:) Gossiping would not be edifying... But, truth for the sake of "example" is why we are to follow Church examples left for us...

There seems to be confusion on specifics that 1 Corinthians 5:11-13, explains

jesusson    0

karen C   I agree with you 100% but, I just donr understand C.D lights point. The man was caught in a motel room and how can we deny that he was not actually sinning. we have to know the true from false and follow the truth. there is always something that we can learn from people like Jim and Jimmy and apply it to our lives but, the clear thing here is that they both sinned and if you guys are saying they both repented, praise the Lord but, I think they should never preach ever again. Beacause they hurt it alot of people and most of all they lied to God and to them selves. I think people like them should never have the chance to preach or be pastors again. once you loose your chance in the Ministy of God you lost it. Thank you guys for all the answers.

RCruise    24

jesusson:

I am not sure if this thread will go in an appropriate direction.

Karen C.    29

:inlove: Jesusson~You are correct. By Bible standards set forth they should NOT be preaching. I believe that the Lord will deal with them.

I wouln't set under them for I do believe that out of this breach they could possibly fall into some snares/deception, Leading the flock astray.

We are not to be ignorant of satans devices, the word says for them to be restored to the Church, not to preaching.

In Christ, Karen :inlove:

RCruise    24

On another note:

I remember when my mentor, the man God placed in my life for about a year before and for a while after I was ordained, brought up JS's fall in one of our Bible Studies.  He said that a very dear friend of his, who had served the Lord for many years, walked away (backslid) because of JS falling in sin.  He recounted how angry that man got when he heard the news of JS but, when JS admitted on TV, that was the "straw that broke the camel's back".  The man angrily walked away from Christianity.  This made my dear friend and mentor angry and he recanted the same "garbage" that many are in here; "Swaggart should never preach again".  

I immediately rebuked him much to my own surprise until the Lord said to me it was of Him.  I countered that his friend must have been a "Swaggartian" and NOT a "Christian" if that is all it took for him to walk away from Jesus Christ.  I countered with the same Word Based argument I presented in my previous post to those of you who think you can say when a man can preach and when he cannot.  My dear friend relented eventually not to me, but to the Holy Spirit.  He realized he had no place or Word foundation to make that judgement.  Then, we all prayed for JS.

As I have said many a time, there is NO threat to our own Christianity - Our Relationship in Jesus Christ from the "outside" or "actions of others" rather, from what comes from within each and everyone one of us. (Matt. 15:18-19)

God Bless.

Guest C.D. Light   
Guest C.D. Light
:) Gossiping would not be edifying... But, truth for the sake of "example" is why we are to follow Church examples left for us...

Guest C.D. Light   
Guest C.D. Light

I want to add here, regarding sinning preachers, that I would rather listen today to Jimmy Swaggart preach the true gospel, than I would to listen to one of those out there (who has never committed adultery) preaching a FALSE GOSPEL.

And there are MANY. So in the end, it matters more WHAT a man is preaching, than what his past repented sins have been.

cd

Karen C.    29

Vs 12 specifically deals with JUDGING SIN within the Church.. THE SIN...not the person. For it is by correct punishment that they will be brought to repentance.

Maybe to clarify this would be...don't condemn the person permanantly, but judge the SIN accordingly to scripture.

Swaggart refused the correction from the Church that in which he was ordainded with, AG. There for he refused correction.

CD~did you not read the confession that he made was not girl watching... it was ADULTRY, motel type? What part of that can you not understand?

CD~try reading what the WORD says reguarding those who are to be "over the flock". If you would like I could post the scripture reference's for you...  You are to be careful on WHO you set under also.

In Christ, Karen :inlove:

Karen C.    29

:inlove:CD~BTW~Paul was not a "Christian" while he was killing Christians. That is NO comparison.

I wouldn't advise anyone to set under false docrtine, knowingly. You are therefor partakers of/in their sin....

Check 2 John 11.

jesusson    0

Sign in to follow this