GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

The thoughts are interesting on the subject of the Tattoos. I personally like the ending though...

“It’s all about giving glory to God - art, tattoos, music, politics. Using whatever we have to point to Him. Can we have love, grace, forgiveness with one another, and represent Him faithfully.” - Jeff B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN3voADV14Y 

I think Jeff makes a good point about ear rings and the reason why people were cutting/tattooing themselves.

Lev 19:26-32

26 ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying. 27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

29 ‘Do not prostitute your daughter, to cause her to be a harlot, lest the land fall into harlotry, and the land become full of wickedness.

30 ‘You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary: I am the Lord.

31 ‘Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

32 ‘You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.

Context of 1 Cor. 6:19... Check out verse 18... Sexual sin - spiritual connection and adultary. In context I think Jeff has a point.

1 Cor. 6:12-20

Glorify God in Body and Spirit

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.

15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.”17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[c] and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Jesus will return and on His robe and His thigh: "King of Kings and Lord of Lords." - Rev 19:16

I personally think a sash or a belt is more likely than a tattoo here.

Rev. 19:11-16

Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharpsword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Great video,Golden Eagle

Very interesting and I used to look at in this subject in that same context as our speaker but I often  have to take a good hard look in the mirror at my motives........I must confess that I have, on probably many an occassionin, all my years,have tried to validate and support my own desires with the Holy scriptures.......and,I do display some ink.......I really always thought that God tells us these things also for our best interest,I don't really know how sanitary all these tattoo artists are these days but from my hey day(that time frame-not tellin!lol)I have many a friend with Hepatitis C that have attributed it to their tattoos......just a thought.....

God bless you,thanks for sharing...These days,I kinda think"no means no"....                   Respectfully,Kwik

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

A number of Egyptian Copts sport tattoos. They do it to declare their love of Jesus and distinguish themselves from Muslims. They know that if they are ever captured and stripped, people will know who they are, and therefore there is no way that they can deny their faith.

The Copt tattoos are not just random symbols or drawings. They are all designed to revere the Lord. Crosses are a popular design.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not have a tattoo but I figure it is up to the individual.I think a tattoo can tell something about a person.If a person is displaying a Chistian image then as a Christian that is a good thing.But I have seen some very dark and creepy tattoos. :unsure:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND

LORD OF LORDS.

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

Are you wondering if what is written on His thigh a tattoo or some type of permanent mark? It doesn't make sense to me but who knows... 

Personally, I believe that tattoos can affect someone's psychological state of mind and/or spirit. I feel like it imprisons us in a way. We can change the state of our spirits and minds as well as the looks of our physical shapes at will, but we can never change a permanent tattoo apart from adding on to it. Although now adays there are painful ways to remove them if we wish to do so. 

Will a bible verse tattoo help to bring the will of God? It might bring curiosity to start a conversation about what is written, but why should one mark his own flesh when the spirit and the word combined are more powerful than the flesh and what the eye sees?  

I have many reasons why I could have tattoos, one being that I've been a merchant mariner for 12 years but I choose not to do so. It doesn't relate with my spirit for some reason...

Just my humble 2 cents...

Great video,Golden Eagle

Very interesting and I used to look at in this subject in that same context as our speaker but I often  have to take a good hard look in the mirror at my motives........I must confess that I have, on probably many an occassionin, all my years,have tried to validate and support my own desires with the Holy scriptures.......and,I do display some ink.......I really always thought that God tells us these things also for our best interest,I don't really know how sanitary all these tattoo artists are these days but from my hey day(that time frame-not tellin!lol)I have many a friend with Hepatitis C that have attributed it to their tattoos......just a thought.....

God bless you,thanks for sharing...These days,I kinda think"no means no"....                   Respectfully,Kwik

Hey Kwik,

I think motives are very important. :thumbsup: I think we all try to look at Scripture and at times try to fit Scripture to our own desires...

I think you bring up a good point about how sanitary tattoo artists are... Lot's of risk IMO still in getting a tattoo.

What do you mean "no means no"?

God bless you too,

GE

A number of Egyptian Copts sport tattoos. They do it to declare their love of Jesus and distinguish themselves from Muslims. They know that if they are ever captured and stripped, people will know who they are, and therefore there is no way that they can deny their faith.

The Copt tattoos are not just random symbols or drawings. They are all designed to revere the Lord. Crosses are a popular design.

Yes WW. Talk about being marked for God. :thumbsup:

Very interesting thanks for sharing. :)

God bless,

GE

I do not have a tattoo but I figure it is up to the individual.I think a tattoo can tell something about a person.If a person is displaying a Chistian image then as a Christian that is a good thing.But I have seen some very dark and creepy tattoos. :unsure:

Yes I understand this perspective Bo. I agree that a tattoo can definitely tell something about a person. I have also seen some really interesting Christian tattoos and some very dark, creepy ones too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

I think motivation for getting one (or multiple) is also important. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

KING OF KINGS AND

LORD OF LORDS.

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

Are you wondering if what is written on His thigh a tattoo or some type of permanent mark? It doesn't make sense to me but who knows... 

Personally, I believe that tattoos can affect someone's psychological state of mind and/or spirit. I feel like it imprisons us in a way. We can change the state of our spirits and minds as well as the looks of our physical shapes at will, but we can never change a permanent tattoo apart from adding on to it. Although now adays there are painful ways to remove them if we wish to do so. 

Will a bible verse tattoo help to bring the will of God? It might bring curiosity to start a conversation about what is written, but why should one mark his own flesh when the spirit and the word combined are more powerful than the flesh and what the eye sees?  

I have many reasons why I could have tattoos, one being that I've been a merchant mariner for 12 years but I choose not to do so. It doesn't relate with my spirit for some reason...

Hiya Hall7 :)

DId you watch the video? Jeff B (the guy in the youtube video) was using this as a question/comment since it is difficult to understand from the passage in Revelation if this name was written on Jesus's thigh or perhaps a belt... He was IMO taking the verse in Revelation out of context to show how people can come up with strange ideas when taking passages out of context or reading into Scripture more than it really says. At least that's how I saw it.

I too have no ink. However, I'm thinking perhaps I've been a little too hard on people who do have them or want to get one (particularly family). Thanks for sharing!

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

KING OF KINGS AND

LORD OF LORDS.

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

Hiya Hall7 :)

DId you watch the video? Jeff B (the guy in the youtube video) was using this as a question/comment since it is difficult to understand from the passage in Revelation if this name was written on Jesus's thigh or perhaps a belt... He was IMO taking the verse in Revelation out of context to show how people can come up with strange ideas when taking passages out of context or reading into Scripture more than it really says. At least that's how I saw it.

I too have no ink. However, I'm thinking perhaps I've been a little too hard on people who do have them or want to get one (particularly family). Thanks for sharing!

God bless,

GE

Oh I see. I haven't watched it yet due to poor reception but will this evening. Thank you...