GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

The thoughts are interesting by Jeff B in this video on the subject of the Tattoos. I think looking at Scripture in context is a good idea. Regardless, I personally like the ending though...

“It’s all about giving glory to God - art, tattoos, music, politics. Using whatever we have to point to Him. Can we have love, grace, forgiveness with one another, and represent Him faithfully.” - Jeff B

For reference until I heard this perspective I was pretty much against my family getting tattoos... I still believe the motivation for getting a tattoo is still very important. I think saying it's a wisdom issue and not a sin issue is a good perspective.

Please WATCH the video before you comment for context of this thread. See Jeff B's youtube video here...

I think Jeff makes a good point about ear rings and the reason why people were cutting/tattooing themselves. But looking at this passage in context is important as well.

Lev 19:26-32

26 ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying. 27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

29 ‘Do not prostitute your daughter, to cause her to be a harlot, lest the land fall into harlotry, and the land become full of wickedness.

30 ‘You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary: I am the Lord.

31 ‘Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

32 ‘You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.

Context of 1 Cor. 6:19... Check out verse 18... Sexual sin - spiritual connection and adultary. In context I think Jeff has a point.

1 Cor. 6:12-20

Glorify God in Body and Spirit

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power.

15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.”17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[c] and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Jesus will return and on His robe and His thigh: "King of Kings and Lord of Lords." - Rev 19:16

I personally think a sash or a belt is more likely than a tattoo here. But I never really looked at this passage in the light Jeff mentioned before - I think if you take the passage out of context it's a stretch that this is a tattoo. But the passage isn't specific so... :noidea: 

Rev. 19:11-16

Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharpsword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

Jesus will return and on His robe and His thigh: "King of Kings and Lord of Lords." - Rev 19:16

I personally think a sash or a belt is more likely than a tattoo here. But I never really looked at this passage in the light Jeff mentioned before - I think if you take the passage out of context it's a stretch that this is a tattoo. But the passage isn't specific so... :noidea: 

Rev. 19:11-16 Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharpsword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND

LORD OF LORDS.

Thoughts?

Hallelujah~!

~

I Praise My LORD

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. Psalms 133

For All My Brothers And Sisters With Tattoos

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:26-28

The next day after class, I talked to Dun Gordy about it. "Do you really think that God could use me in tribal missions?" I asked him. "I’ve got a bunch of tattoos. What would the tribal people or other missionaries think of that? And I grew up in the suburbs. I don’t know the first thing about surviving in remote places."

He told me that tribal people have crazy tattoos too. He said that it didn’t matter what I looked like or where I came from, that God could use my life in tribal missions.

http://usa.ntm.org/mission-news/34574/mission-news

And With Bones In Their Noses And Feathers In Their Hair

http://usa.ntm.org/data/sites/1/images/Wallpaper/ntmaw_man_960x640.jpg

You See And As For The LORD Jesus Christ

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

We'll All Have His Name Written

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:4

Upon Our Foreheads

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:1-5

In His Time

~

And Beloved, Thank You For Asking

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe