IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Here is a scripture verse that is profound indeed.  

1 Peter 4:11King James Version (KJV)

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Yes, the context this is in explains a lot.

But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.  And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”  Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.  As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.  If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Scripture tells us that these were personal gifts given to His children as the Holy Spirit saw fit, for direct communication more than written word.  People actually knew how to discuss one on one, or one on many.  Only the kings had libraries of other men's ideas.  The common brother and sister only had word of mouth.  Remember the culture in which this was written.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I do have assurance of salvation through Christ.  I found it in scripture.  And yes, we do have the gifts of the Spirit to guide us, which I never questioned.  We are all at different places in our maturity, which is the basis of how we study.  If you feel led to study other men's work, then by all means do so.  I am not, though, as I did say, I do find testimonies interesting and often glean something from others experience, yet I do not base my beliefs on what others have done outside of scripture.  In my early years, I did grab all kinds of books of others theologies and prophecies, but when the prophecies failed and others fell from grace (so to say), I quickly learned not to follow other men's teachings as if it were a gift, or addition, to scripture.

Well, Mr. OneLight, you grabbing all kind of books and other theologies and prophercies does not make good authors bad. Maybe it was that you went ahead and wanted something to fit what your vision of end time situation may be. Yes there are wolves in sheep's clothing, and you have to be wise as serpents.  Sometimes the lord will use those situations as teaching tools, so you may become more aware of the do's and don'ts .  

Look, there are many wonderfull and good biblical authors who has written excellent books to enhance your walk with the lord.   When you pick up a book and read  the introduction, you can tell for the most part if it's in your backyard or return it on the shelf.   Most of the book i read are from the puritian error, 1600 or so and they are a sweet savor to my soul.   Sometimes when a book is written, it is not to change God's word, but to confirm and give examples in our ordinary life, that our human frame enjoys too as our receptors enjoys it.   Anyway, good to have this chat and i will leave it at that.

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

Well, Mr. OneLight, you grabbing all kind of books and other theologies and prophercies does not make good authors bad. Maybe it was that you went ahead and wanted something to fit what your vision of end time situation may be. Yes there are wolves in sheep's clothing, and you have to be wise as serpents.  Sometimes the lord will use those situations as teaching tools, so you may become more aware of the do's and don'ts .

Look, there are many wonderfull and good biblical authors who has written excellent books to enhance your walk with the lord.   When you pick up a book and read  the introduction, you can tell for the most part if it's in your backyard or return it on the shelf.   Most of the book i read are from the puritian error, 1600 or so and they are a sweet savor to my soul.   Sometimes when a book is written, it is not to change God's word, but to confirm and give examples in our ordinary life, that our human frame enjoys too as our receptors enjoys it.   Anyway, good to have this chat and i will leave it at that.

Perhaps I have not been clear enough, my apologies.

I have spent years digging through other books, researching what others believed, placed more weight on this one over that one, but at every corner, every turn, it was scripture that led the way, not other men's words.  So if you have the time to read through the thousands of books for various authors, by all means, go for it.  For me, I will spend the rest of my days gleaning what scripture itself has to say and God has never let me down with understanding and wisdom.  If there is an area what I find myself in error, it was because of me, not scripture.  If I can lead myself astray communing directly with God through His Spirit, why would I want to add one more level to the equation?

By the way, this is not saying that God does not use others by means of His gifts.  We are to accept His working in and through others.  What I am speaking of is comparing scripture to what other books say.  Since scripture is 100% solid and true, and He work in and through me in His time, why would I need to depend on what another person wrote explaining scripture?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings warrior

IT is nice to see you again(lol -as if I could SEE you) & good to hear from you. I have to say that I know Brother One Light for a long time and just as he has said,we are all at different places,maturity & levels of our Personal Walk (in Christ Jesus) & surely that is the basis for how we each study(or do not)    I do not believe he is trying to say that a good author is bad but only to say that for himself,he no longer has a desire to look outside of Scripture.......if you do,then that is for you

The only reason I am sticking my P's & Q's in here is because I have had the same experience,years ago I looked & searched & studied & researched here & there & everywhere.....many good sources & some not so good,til this very day I have quite a library of my own BUT it has been many years since I have had the desire or the need to look beyond just one Book,the Living Word of God......0& that is where I am at presently,who knows? It may change but for now I am hungry for Gods Word and walking in Spirit & in Truth all I ever need is right there shown to me by Holy Spirit......

Perhaps after all these years the information gathered is enough,I still do listen to others interpretations,plenty of that right here on Worthy.....I do share a very similar experience to One Lights ........I have seen enough failed prophecy & men fall from Grace to not give them too much consideration,with a grain of salt perhaps?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Perhaps I have not been clear enough, my apologies.

I have spent years digging through other books, researching what others believed, placed more weight on this one over that one, but at every corner, every turn, it was scripture that led the way, not other men's words.  So if you have the time to read through the thousands of books for various authors, by all means, go for it.  For me, I will spend the rest of my days gleaning what scripture itself has to say and God has never let me down with understanding and wisdom.  If there is an area what I find myself in error, it was because of me, not scripture.  If I can lead myself astray communing directly with God through His Spirit, why would I want to add one more level to the equation?

By the way, this is not saying that God does not use others by means of His gifts.  We are to accept His working in and through others.  What I am speaking of is comparing scripture to what other books say.  Since scripture is 100% solid and true, and He work in and through me in His time, why would I need to depend on what another person wrote explaining scripture?

Just for argument sake.  Now which version of the bible you rely on.  As this in itself can be an overwhelming disagreement with even bible scholars.  Unless you are versed in Hebrew and Greek studies, which the majority of ordinary folks are not, then it would be pondering as, I am reading the true word of God.  On the plus side, you have an helper that Jesus promised that he leave with us, that is the holy spirit to be our teacher above all teachers.

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Just for argument sake.  Now which version of the bible you rely on.  As this in itself can be an overwhelming disagreement with even bible scholars.  Unless you are versed in Hebrew and Greek studies, which the majority of ordinary folks are not, then it would be pondering as, I am reading the true word of God.  On the plus side, you have an helper that Jesus promised that he leave with us, that is the holy spirit to be our teacher above all teachers.

Does the Holy Spirit depend on one specific bible version?  Sorry, but I refuse to follow a rabbit trail down this hole.

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings warrior

IT is nice to see you again(lol -as if I could SEE you) & good to hear from you. I have to say that I know Brother One Light for a long time and just as he has said,we are all at different places,maturity & levels of our Personal Walk (in Christ Jesus) & surely that is the basis for how we each study(or do not)    I do not believe he is trying to say that a good author is bad but only to say that for himself,he no longer has a desire to look outside of Scripture.......if you do,then that is for you

The only reason I am sticking my P's & Q's in here is because I have had the same experience,years ago I looked & searched & studied & researched here & there & everywhere.....many good sources & some not so good,til this very day I have quite a library of my own BUT it has been many years since I have had the desire or the need to look beyond just one Book,the Living Word of God......0& that is where I am at presently,who knows? It may change but for now I am hungry for Gods Word and walking in Spirit & in Truth all I ever need is right there shown to me by Holy Spirit......

Perhaps after all these years the information gathered is enough,I still do listen to others interpretations,plenty of that right here on Worthy.....I do share a very similar experience to One Lights ........I have seen enough failed prophecy & men fall from Grace to not give them too much consideration,with a grain of salt perhaps?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Well nice you could reply to this topic Kwick, if i can shorten you name from now on.  

Here what i am understanding from the replies. It is that you were followers of men rather than scripture.   If you are rooted in the word, then no man's wiriting should cause you to stray into extra biblical beliefs. That will be the work of satan.    There are plenty of good authors who i believe god has given roles to play in educating and teaching.  Like a basket of apples you have to throw out the rotten.     Yes, there are many authors who write to fill the coffers, but you can see through them.     And you must confess, you like to hear other opinions on a subject matter, that is just the human psyche.  So if you are tired in reading others books, then that is a different matter, than eliminating or branding all authors as irrelevant.    I don't think in the body of christ, that there are not genuine capable writers in the thousands , surely there must be.  I rest here.

16 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Does the Holy Spirit depend on one specific bible version?  Sorry, but I refuse to follow a rabbit trail down this hole.

Give a reasonable answer.   the above is really not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings warrior

Yes,of course you can shorten & call me Kwik,that is my name......& yes,my pleasure to join you,however I am not quite sure how you interpreted what has been said & came up with this? " Here what i am understanding from the replies. It is that you were followers of men rather than scripture. "    Not at all,yes...tired of books is more accurate & No,no one's opinions,commentaries or other wise could lead me astray or into any extra-Biblical beliefs......how did you derive at these things? Well,anyway,I am here to tell y ou that is not the case at all..

Now ,please don't mis-understand,I'm not telling you that it is a bad thing or even that it is not necessarily a good thing to study as you do,all I have said is that if it works well for you then that is for you...we are individuals,Holy Spirit will Counsel each of us differently,personally ,leading & guiding the way we should go

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

You said (in your own words)that basically you do test & approve everything you read & hear accordingly against the Word of God & with Holy Spirit,right? Well,then that is what works for you!!!!So ,please do not tell me that I follow man,I have not told you that even though you are studying what men write,,okay? I see nothing wrong with that if you are seeking God in all of it,with an earnest heart of course,,,,He Will Reveal Himself to YOU....fair enough?

As far as the "human psyche" ,,,,well,I don't give the carnal mind too much credence,,,,,I'm much more focused on the Heart & Mind of Christ......hearing others opinions is how we reason TOGETHER as the Body of Christ....keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus!!!!Thanks for sharing & Praise to our Lord & Savior

With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Yes, the context this is in explains a lot.

But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.  And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”  Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.  As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.  If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Scripture tells us that these were personal gifts given to His children as the Holy Spirit saw fit, for direct communication more than written word.  People actually knew how to discuss one on one, or one on many.  Only the kings had libraries of other men's ideas.  The common brother and sister only had word of mouth.  Remember the culture in which this was written.

Ok, here so we are living in  2106 and this is what we have to live our lives by.   I think in the above scripture the sentence says it all as below i qoute.

" If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."

I think also you last statement wants to take us back to those time of spreading the word of God. Unrealistic may be the word here.