IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, DJ7 said:

Actually no.

We are spirit and the mind is not the spirit part but the soul part.

The mind will emotions etc - the seat of who we are is the soul part of who we are.

When the verse says to the dividing of soul and spirit, it doesn't mean they can be separated in the way your saying, only that the word of God can divide between that which is soulical and that which is of spirit.

The soul area is the working realm of Satan. If you think the soul is some universal life force you are very mistaken. The devil works in the soul area.

The anti christ will be a superman who's power will operate from the soul of him. 

So the anti christ will deceive the world through the working of his soul power, or as you call it, universal life force.

If you read 2nd Corinthians you will see that the devil works in the area of his power, which is the soul.

When our flesh dies what is left is the REAL us which is the spirit. This flesh is just a casing so we can interact with the world we live in. The spirit can never die. That is the real part of who we are. Our spirit is not some shadow of our former body. 

Universal soul/life force is new age philosophy which is of the devil.

Then you must believe that which you choose to believe. But your body was a living soul, before it began to receive its own independent information, from which you the Mind/Spirit is developing. Genesis 2: 7; Then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

But you believe that you [the person] began to develop without the information that has been and is taken into your brain. Good luck with that. 

When your flesh dies, what is left is the immortal soul, to which all the information that you had gathered in your life of flesh, had been imprinted, which information can be divided from the immortal soul.

You do know that God does not consider an unborn foetus as a human being, but only as a potential human?

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the promised Kingdom, it is the invisible Mind/spirit that develops within the physical body, which is the potential child of God.

Edited by The Anointed
Addition

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

41 minutes ago, The Anointed said:

You do know that God does not consider an unborn foetus as a human being, but only as a potential human?

Do you know you are wrong as Luke 1:41 Says the child lept in her womb. If was nothing but a foetus how could it leap, let alone know what's going on, unless it had a spirit.

44 minutes ago, The Anointed said:

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the promised Kingdom, it is the invisible Mind/spirit that develops within the physical body, which is the potential child of God.

But that makes no sense as Jesus inherited the kingdom and he has his body of flesh. That's why it's not in the tomb still.

It merely means that mankind cannot inherit the kingdom without being born again by the spirit.

People in hell have their freshly body and soul. That's the spiritual realm. The body can still exist in the spiritual realm.

48 minutes ago, The Anointed said:

But you believe that you [the person] began to develop without the information that has been and is taken into your brain. Good luck with that.

But the baby developed in the womb. How then if it's a foetus can it develop as you say it's not a human? 

A baby in the womb is fully aware of what is going on. It is alive in the womb. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Scripture proof?

Rather...

Upon you I have leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you.
(Psa 71:6)

And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: (Luk 1:41)

From the GOOD NEWS BIBLE…Catholic Study Edition…Imprimatur by Archbishop Whealon.

Exodus 21: 22-25; If some men are fighting and hurt a pregnant woman so that she loses her child, but she is not injured in any other way, the one who hurt her is to be fined whatever amount the woman's husband demands, subject to the approval of the judges. But if the woman herself is injured, the punishment shall be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise. 

THE JERUSALEM BIBLE……If, when men come to blows, they hurt a woman who is pregnant and she suffers a miscarriage, though she does not die of it, the man responsible must pay the compensation demanded of him by the woman’s master; he shall hand it over, after arbitration. But should she die, you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, wound for wound, stroke for stroke.

THE LIVING BIBLE…… “If two men are fighting and in the process hurt a pregnant woman so that she has a miscarriage, but she lives, then the man who injured her shall be fined whatever amount the woman’s husband shall demand, and as the judges approve. But if any harm comes to the woman and she dies, he shall be executed. If her eye is injured, injure his, if her tooth is knocked out, knock out his, and so on…..hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, lash for lash.”  

Psalms 71: 6; GOOD NEWS BIBLE….. “I have relied on you all my life; you have protected me since the day I was born. I will always praise you.”

It is not unusual for a foetus to kick in the womb when the mother is excited.

Edited by The Anointed

Guest shiloh357
15 hours ago, The Anointed said:

That is a lie. 

There is no way that a fetus is not a human being.   "Fetus" only designates a stage of development within the human species. It is not different than terms like "adolescent" or "adult.  A baby in the womb is just as human as a baby outside the womb.   There is nothing magical that happens in the birth canal that makes a baby human at birth.  It is human at conception. 

If a fetus is less human than a new born, then a new born is less human than a toddler, a toddler is less human than a adolescent and an adolescent is less human than an adult. 

A baby on the womb has all of the chromosomes of humanity and is a living being in the womb.  It is a living human being. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, The Anointed said:

From the GOOD NEWS BIBLE…Catholic Study Edition…Imprimatur by Archbishop Whealon.

Exodus 21: 22-25; If some men are fighting and hurt a pregnant woman so that she loses her child, but she is not injured in any other way, the one who hurt her is to be fined whatever amount the woman's husband demands, subject to the approval of the judges. But if the woman herself is injured, the punishment shall be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise. 

If your relying on this as for fetus not being a living soul - life for life and it is only a fine...
The entire Word of God (Scripture must be considered on every point made) and here we might conclude what is claimed BUT the surrounding issues on this are the weight of this reasoning with previous verses

Ex 21:20

20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
KJV

notice life for life is not stated but punished and

Ex 21:21

21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.
KJV

here if the servant lives past the day of the beating and dies the punishment of loss of servant is the judgment...

Based on these precepts life cannot be determined by the Ex 21:22-25 and other must be applied
https://carm.org/what-does-the-bible-say-about-abortion

Edited by enoob57

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 8/23/2013 at 12:14 PM, Sculelos said:

Biblical support. 

Genesis 2:

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

2 Corinthians 5:

1For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Shalom, Sculelos.

Seems like I'm always coming to the party late, but you were right the first time. The "soul" IS the "air-breathing body."

I've said it in other threads, but the Hebrew word "nefesh" (pronounced "NEH-fesh") means an "air-breathing creature." The root of this word and the verb form is "naafash" (pronounced "naw-FASH"), which means "to breathe."

My Brother and Your Brother Joe has rightly given us a few other passages of Scripture that are applicable: Ecclesiastes 3:20-21 and Ezekiel 37:9.

The Hebrew word for "spirit" is "ruwach" and means the "wind," and BY EXTENSION, the "breath" of an individual - the person's "wind," so to speak, especially when one is BLOWING FORCEFULLY. A good example of what God's "Spirit" or "Wind" can do is found in the crossing of the Red Sea!

Exodus 14:15-31 (KJV)

15 And the LORD said unto Moses, "Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward: 16 But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea. 17 And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen. 18 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen."

19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: 20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them (the Egyptians), but it gave light by night to these (the children of Israel): so that the one came not near the other all the night.

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind (Hebrew: b-ruwach qaadiym `azzaah = "in-a-wind of-east strong") all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. 22 And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. 23 And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen. 24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled (instilled TERROR in) the host of the Egyptians, 25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, "Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians!"

26 And the LORD said unto Moses, "Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen." 27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea. 28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. 29 But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

30Thus the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore. 31And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses.

If that's not a powerful wind, I don't know what would be!

Just as a side note, I find it hilarious that YHWH LOOKED out of the cloud of darkness at the Egyptians and put them in a PANIC! Maybe they only saw glowing eyes looking out of the darkness at them! Then, He POPPED OFF their chariot wheels! The horses had to DRAG these heavy chariots over that dry sea bed! Seconds later, the water came CRASHING down upon them and suddenly they were buried under water hundreds of feet deep! NONE of them escaped!

It makes you wonder what were they thinking? Why would they be so reckless as to chase their prey into the middle of where a sea had been the day before?! Was it blind rage? Were they so filled with hate? Or, were they just obediently following their Pharaoh, wondering all the while whether he was doing a wise thing? Reminds me of the old song, "Please, Mr. Custer (I Don't Wanna Go!)" (See Please, Mr Custer.)

Anyway, it seems to me that 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 is based upon 1 Corinthians 12:12-27:

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 (KJV)

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we bebond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that partwhich lacked: 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

If one will look carefully at the following verses,

2 Corinthians 5:8-10 (KJV)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from THE body (Greek: ekdeemeesai ek tou soomatos = "to-go-abroad out-of the body"), and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of CHRIST; that every one may receive the things done in HIS body (Greek: dia tou soomatos = "through the body"), according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

We continue to labour (to work) WHETHER PRESENT OR ABSENT (GOING ABROAD), that we may be accepted of Him! Is that speaking of death (absent from the body)? OR, could it be speaking of being away from the church to which we belong (absent from THE Body, HIS Body)?

Just some thoughts but this is consistent with what we read in other passages, too, like Ephesians 4:16.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The spirit is the intellect of the soul.We don't have a soul,we are a soul,the flesh is nothing but dirt, which it shall return too.

Edited by n2thelight

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, DJ7 said:

We are spirit and body.

When the spirit enters the body the soul is created. The soul is the joining of the two which produces our will, mind, emotions, the seat of our personality, the "who we are" 

This joining of soul and spirit from then on can never be separated. We become a living soul through the spirit. 

This can never be undone from then until eternity. ONLY GOD can destroy both body and soul in hell, which shows you have body of flesh but it's a spiritual flesh body.

So the three part isn't really a three part because the soul is the joining of spirit and body and isn't actually a part as body and spirit but is personality, emotions, will etc. These are not another part but a combination of the two. 

As an example, you make a cake by mixing ingredients and the result is a cake.

By mixing a spirit with a body the result is the soul.

Mankind is Spirit, Greek "Pneuma", Who has a soul, "Psuche" and lives in a body, "Soma". 1 Thess 5: 23. WE are Spirit who has a soul, [The mind will and emotion] and live in a body.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, n2thelight said:

The spirit is the intellect of the soul.We don't have a soul,we are a soul,the flesh is nothing but dirt, which it shall return too.

Mankind is Spirit, [Greek], "Pneuma", Soul, [Mind will and emotions], [Greek], "Psuche" and Body, [Greek], Soma", 1 Thess 5: 23. Jesus is a typical example, He commended His Spirit, "Pneuma" to the Father, Lk 23: 46. His Body, "Soma" was in the tomb. Matt 27: 57--60. 

And His soul, "Psuche" was in Hell, [Hades]. Three different Greek words, Three different parts of mankind.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 7/26/2018 at 4:09 AM, Alan Hales said:

Mankind is Spirit, [Greek], "Pneuma", Soul, [Mind will and emotions], [Greek], "Psuche" and Body, [Greek], Soma", 1 Thess 5: 23. Jesus is a typical example, He commended His Spirit, "Pneuma" to the Father, Lk 23: 46. His Body, "Soma" was in the tomb. Matt 27: 57--60. 

And His soul, "Psuche" was in Hell, [Hades]. Three different Greek words, Three different parts of mankind.

Shalom, Alan Hales.

Mankind is a body that breathes. That's what a "soul" is, because that's what a "nefesh" is; it's a body that breathes. The "spirit" is a person's breath, and in particular, it's a person's blowing like the wind, a "ruwach."

Breeshiyt 2:7 (JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH)

7 Vayiytser YHWH Elohiym et haa'aadaam `aafaar min haa'adaamaah vayipach b'apaayow nishmat hayiym vayhiy haa'aadaam l-nefesh chayaah:

7 Vayiytser = 7 And-formed
YHWH = YHWH/the LORD
Elohiym = God
et = (the following word is the direct object)
haa'aadaam = the-red-(man)
`aafaar = of-dust
min = from
haa'adaamaah = the-red-(ground)
vayipach = and-he-puffed
b'apaayow = in-his-nostrils
nishmat = a-puff
hayiym = of-life
vayhiy = and-became
haa'aadaam = the-red-(man)
l-nefesh = to-an-air-breather
chayaah: = living:

You're spouting a theological premise without consulting the actual Hebrew text of the Torah, and the Greek is simply based upon the Hebrew.

Greek: sooma (spelled sigma-omega-mu-alpha) = Hebrew: gviyaah (spelled gimmel-shva-vet-chireq-yod-qamets-hei)
Proof: 
Greek: psuchee (spelled psi-upsilon-chi-eta) = Hebrew: nefesh (spelled nun-segol-phei-segol-shiyn)
Greek: pneuma (spelled pi-nu-epsilon-upsilon-mu-alpha) = Hebrew: ruwach (spelled reish-shureq-vav-patach-chet)

Use the Scriptures to define the words; don't use your definitions of the words to interpret the Scriptures.

Furthermore, you know NOTHING about "sh'owl" or "hadees." Again, you base what you think you know upon theological FICTION!

Actually, 2 parts (both non-living) = 1 part (living): body + wind (breath) = air-breathing body.

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix a spelling error