IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Biblical support. 

Genesis 2:

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

2 Corinthians 5:

1For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

~

Biblical

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Support

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? Ecclesiastes 3:20-21

You

Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” Ezekiel 37:9 (ESV)

See

The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4 (ESV)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Soul means the animating principle. The soul gives form to our body. The soul is what builds material substance into the shape of the body, and what makes the material substance of the body "alive". The higher functions of the soul, i.e. abstract thought, intellect, are called "spirit" as they do not deal with maintaining the body (building and animating).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The soul is the part of man that is the seat of the mind, will and emotions. It is the personality of a person. We consist of three layers: Body, soul and spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NLT)

23 Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.

The language that is used in Genesis that calls man a "living soul" is simply King James style language that still pervades the English language of today---"all souls on deck" is a remnant phrase showing how the word, "soul",  is used to denote "person".

• This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hebrews 4:12

King James Version (KJV)

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

<<<Removed content that violated ToS>>>

Edited by Steve_S
Removed violation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Soul means the animating principle. The soul gives form to our body. The soul is what builds material substance into the shape of the body, and what makes the material substance of the body "alive". The higher functions of the soul, i.e. abstract thought, intellect, are called "spirit" as they do not deal with maintaining the body (building and animating).

Where did you come across this idea? 

Edited by gray wolf

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Gen 2:7

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed

into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
KJV

We could form a man like caricature from clay and build motor and gears for movement etc... yet it would lack the

nature of existing man - that of mind, will, emotion which forms the soul and the spirit of the man was from God's breath

which formed these beginnings  of perception (metaphysical realities) in the infinite reality we are in...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The is not exactly the truth. The soul is the seat of the mind, will and emotions, the part of man that is considered the personality---his personhood. The spirit of man contains the life force and is the spiritual center of man, where in a believer, all knowledge of God is retained. In a Christian the spirit is alive, bristling with the knowledge and especially the presence of God, is perfect and pure and sinless, and is busy communicating Truth to the soul, which in turn is reflected in the body.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I am not my body.  My body allows me to interact as part of the creation and exist in the temporal realm.  Jesus had a human body that allowed him to do the same thing.  He became a living soul that walked among us being Emmanuel.  He laid down his life (soul) for us.  God through the Holy Spirit resurrected him and by that resurrection declared him to be the Son of God.  He is the life that is in me though I be dead and dying.  I will one day be resurrected by him and for his glory.  So what is my life (soul) that I should try to hold on to it?  What is this body that is defiled with sin that I should desire to stay in it?

God loved me so much that he sent his only begotten Son that in receiving him I was given the power to become one of the sons of God and for that I am truly grateful.  I have chosen to lay down my life (soul) for him who died for me.  Peace be upon you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I think too little is known about it. From the ancient Greeks until now, no one has seen it. As Woody Allen said: Can the human soul be glimpsed through a microscope? Perhaps, but you'd definitely need one of those very good ones with two eyepieces!

• Thumbs Up 1