IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Our soul is our mind, will and emotions. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Every living thing has a soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 11/27/2013 at 8:54 AM, OneLight said:

Shalom x141

I am just a simple person.  Your metaphors are to confusing to follow.  Perhaps you can provide scripture, which I do understand, and an explanation of what you are applying to scripture.

God Bless,

OneLight

Watchman Nee has written a three volume book on this subject titled " THE SPIRITUAL MAN".  Well you can imagine three volumes, there would be much he has to say.  It is freely avaliable on the net.  type  "the spiritual man pdf" and you should see some links for the download.  As always, download at your own risk.

This is a subject that believers should get a good grasp at, as it essentially help you to identify who you really are as a created being and how you exist and function daily.   

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Watchman Nee has written a three volume book on this subject titled " THE SPIRITUAL MAN".  Well you can imagine three volumes, there would be much he has to say.  It is freely avaliable on the net.  type  "the spiritual man pdf" and you should see some links for the download.  As always, download at your own risk.

This is a subject that believers should get a good grasp at, as it essentially help you to identify who you really are as a created being and how you exist and function daily.   

Why would anyone ever need another mans book when we have scripture?  Does anyone really believe man can explain Gods plan better than God Himself?  I understand the interest in finding what people believe, but to fully understand my place in Christ, all I need is His words, His Spirit and faith.

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Why would anyone ever need another mans book when we have scripture?  Does anyone really believe man can explain Gods plan better than God Himself?  I understand the interest in finding what people believe, but to fully understand my place in Christ, all I need is His words, His Spirit and faith.

Well brother, the good lord made us all with a soul, body and spirit.   God also gave men gifts of discernment and to use it to witness and testify of God's grace and mercy and plan of salvation.  Everyone intellectual and education may not be at the same level, so, someone writing a book to shed some obstacles others may have is great as long as scripture is used to reference what is being outlined.

So then, why listen to sermons and go to church.   It is iron sharpening iron.

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Well brother, the good lord made us all with a soul, body and spirit.   God also gave men gifts of discernment and to use it to witness and testify of God's grace and mercy and plan of salvation.  Everyone intellectual and education may not be at the same level, so, someone writing a book to shed some obstacles others may have is great as long as scripture is used to reference what is being outlined.

So then, why listen to sermons and go to church.   It is iron sharpening iron.

Have you ever wondered where all of today's false teaching comes from?  When discussing scripture, we have one book that clarifies - scripture.  Start adding in what everyone else wrote, then your eyes are off scripture and on what man took from scripture.  Over the years, those whom I had followed led me in some instances, but more than not, they confused me more with their personal theology.  Iron does sharpen Iron, which is why the perfect stone to grind your faith on is the Corner Stone, Christ Himself (scripture), and what a fine honed edge it will be.

36 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Have you ever wondered where all of today's false teaching comes from?  When discussing scripture, we have one book that clarifies - scripture.  Start adding in what everyone else wrote, then your eyes are off scripture and on what man took from scripture.  Over the years, those whom I had followed led me in some instances, but more than not, they confused me more with their personal theology.  Iron does sharpen Iron, which is why the perfect stone to grind your faith on is the Corner Stone, Christ Himself (scripture), and what a fine honed edge it will be.

Well if you have assurance of your salvation and you know and believe on his promises that he will never leave you or forsake you, then you have nothing to fear of reading what another man writes and or as you say teaches. Discernment is a gift from the good lord and asking him to shower you with that blessing is not a bad thing.  I have never followed any man teachings, but God do give men gifts to explain things in ways we never thought of before.  

John Bunyan for example is an extraordinary allegory writer that i like to read very much.  Though his writings are fictional, they nevertherless  convey powerfull biblical messages that those who have read his books, especially " The pilgrims progress" can attest too.

Afterall, you are here with the same ideas, men presenting scriptures and varied opinions on the gist of the meanings.    A book is just static, where here you can communicate and be interactive with a wider audience and also participants.    

If you have it settled in your mind about your beliefs and  the word as your source of truth, then nothing should shake you. 

1 Peter 4:10King James Version (KJV)

10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

THIS IS THE VERY INTRODUCTION OF THE BOOK I MENTIONED.  

SECTION ONE
AN INTRODUCTION CONCERNING
THE SPIRIT, THE SOUL,
AND THE BODY

CHAPTER ONE

THE SPIRIT, THE SOUL, AND THE BODY

Most men today consider man as being made up of two parts: the soul and the body. The soul is the invisible part, the psychological part within man, and the body is the visible part, the outward form of man. This is man's fallen concept. Although there is some ground to it, it is not accurate. Outside of God's revelation, no ideas in this world are reliable. It is, of course, true that the body is the outward shell of man. But the Bible never mixes the soul with the spirit or considers the two as the same thing. In addition to being different terms, the soul and the spirit are actually two different substances; they are not the same. The Word of God has not divided man into two parts, the soul and the body. Rather, it has divided man into three parts: the spirit, the soul, and the body. First Thessalonians 5:23 says, "The God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete." This verse clearly divides a person into three parts: the spirit, the soul, and the body. Here the apostle mentioned the believers' being sanctified "wholly." This means that the whole being of the believers is to be sanctified. What did he mean when he said that a person is to be sanctified wholly? He meant that a person's spirit, soul, and body are to be preserved complete. This is very clear; a complete person has a spirit, a soul, and a body. This verse also tells us clearly that there is a distinction between the spirit and the soul. Otherwise, it would not have said "your spirit and soul." Instead, it would have said "your spirit-soul." Since God has spoken this, we can see that there is a distinction between man's spirit and his soul, and from this we can conclude that man is composed of three parts: spirit, soul, and body.

Edited by warrior12

58 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Here is a scripture verse that is profound indeed.  

1 Peter 4:11King James Version (KJV)

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

Well if you have assurance of your salvation and you know believe on his promises that he will never leave you or forsake you, then you have nothing to fear of reading what another man writes and or as you say teaches. Discernment is a gift from the good lord and asking him to shower you with that blessing is not a bad thing.  I have never followed any man teachings, but God do give men gifts to explain things in ways we never thought of before. 

I do have assurance of salvation through Christ.  I found it in scripture.  And yes, we do have the gifts of the Spirit to guide us, which I never questioned.  We are all at different places in our maturity, which is the basis of how we study.  If you feel led to study other men's work, then by all means do so.  I am not, though, as I did say, I do find testimonies interesting and often glean something from others experience, yet I do not base my beliefs on what others have done outside of scripture.  In my early years, I did grab all kinds of books of others theologies and prophecies, but when the prophecies failed and others fell from grace (so to say), I quickly learned not to follow other men's teachings as if it were a gift, or addition, to scripture.