IGNORED

Was Jesus crucified on a cross or on a tree?

Hall7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

He died, and He rose again.

Is this mountain worth dying on?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Thank you Candice, that pretty much clears it up. I think I might've gotten my info from a Jehova's witness site by accident, because like Bopeep mentioned that's what they believe. What happened was that someone (in another thread) mentioned that Christ died on a tree or something of that nature. So I quickly researched it online, and that was the first information that popped up. But, it could've been a Jehovah witness site... 

That is an interesting read but that is not what I read on a very reliable source.How can we know for sure?We were not there.But like Rusty said "Does it matter?".

The only thing it would change would be that people would start wearing trees instead of crosses :). Although, in a metaphorical way, the image of a tree of life seems appealing to my eyes. The blood of Jesus dripping down its roots to save the world... (I'm kind of an artist so don't mind me lol)

Our Christian Faith centers on a Cross.They are everywhere.It does not matter to me.All that matters to me is that Jesus Christ died for me shed His blood and took away my sins.......period.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Thank you Candice, that pretty much clears it up. I think I might've gotten my info from a Jehova's witness site by accident, because like Bopeep mentioned that's what they believe. What happened was that someone (in another thread) mentioned that Christ died on a tree or something of that nature. So I quickly researched it online, and that was the first information that popped up. But, it could've been a Jehovah witness site... 

That is an interesting read but that is not what I read on a very reliable source.How can we know for sure?We were not there.But like Rusty said "Does it matter?".

The only thing it would change would be that people would start wearing trees instead of crosses :). Although, in a metaphorical way, the image of a tree of life seems appealing to my eyes. The blood of Jesus dripping down its roots to save the world... (I'm kind of an artist so don't mind me lol)

Our Christian Faith centers on a Cross.They are everywhere.It does not matter to me.All that matters to me is that Jesus Christ died for me shed His blood and took away my sins.......period.

Of course and there is no arguing about that, but it wasn't the point.

What did you read if you don't mind me asking? 

Guest AFlameOfFire

Paul quotes the OT in Gal 3:13  saying "it is written". So if you take it back to the Hebrew from where he is quoting you can see the same word tree (as mine is translated) used also for tree 162 times as well as wood 107 times

So do you believe it was a tree or a cross?

I just see it as wood, which in the OT (Paul quotes) falls under the same word used for both tree and wood

See the numbers are the same for both words?

Gen 22:6 And Abraham took the wood 6086 of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son

Duet 21:22 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death , and thou hang him on a tree 6086:

His being a cross

Paul quotes the OT in Gal 3:13  saying "it is written". So if you take it back to the Hebrew from where he is quoting you can see the same word tree (as mine is translated) used also for tree 162 times as well as wood 107 times

I just see it as wood, which in the OT (Paul quotes) falls under the same word used for both tree and wood

Gen 22:6 And Abraham took the wood 6086 of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son

Duet 21:22 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death , and thou hang him on a tree 6086:

His being a cross

Aahh I see what you mean now, thank you.

Guest AFlameOfFire

His being a cross

Aahh I see what you mean now, thank you.

Sure bro, no problem. We can call it a cross (more specifically) but wood or a tree works just as well.

God bless you!

I just looked up the meaning of: xulou / xulon in the Greek Bible which is used instead of "cross" and the translation of this word means "wood".  So whoever translated that word in the thread I posted wasn't correct. And Jehovah witness believe He died on a stake and not on a tree...

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah, the cross is just made of wood or a tree. So being crucified on the cross is still as one (on either) wood or a tree the cross is made from.

Edited by AFlameOfFire