IGNORED

People are barred from entering a church when service begins.

layhoma

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I live in Asia and quite a handful of local Christian churches would slam shut the doors, literally for late comers. Some would give a grace period of 15 minutes at best but eventually the doors will be shut.

A convenient excuse for the administrators who pass down this rule would be to prevent disturbances from late comers during worship.scratch.gif

I have been hopping to many different churches over the last 15 years and even the most old school churches would have the last 3 rows of seats near the entrance reserved for the tardy and thus, eliminate the fuss of "disturbances".

Unfortunately some are very unforgiving and whenever I hear fellow Christians tell tales of their ordeal being barred from entering the house of God because they were "LATE" I would get very emotional and start giving them a lecture.

I would say something like "what would Jesus do"? Would He kick people out when He was in the middle of preaching just because they arrived late? Ironically the scriptures told a story of people who trashed the roof top of a house during Jesus' preaching and lowered a sick man down from above and Jesus healed him. This incident is recorded in the Bible for many reasons, this correlation to the topic being as one.

I then would ask these church goers if they know why Jesus rebuked the Pharisees with harsh words. The Pharisees were preventing the people getting close to God because of their hypocrisy and stringent laws. 

That being said, I do not believe that any churches, regardless of denominations, have a right to close and shut doors in any given situations because to do so would be to deny believers or non- believers the right of communion with God. This act alone would constitute, a grave sin. IMHO.

I would like to hear your opinion.

PS. I have no problems with North American English speaking churches and I never attended one with any trace of bureaucracy or red tape that would burden worshippers.

I don't see anything in scripture regarding treating late comers that way either. I've had to find many new churches over the years while is was in the military, so when I run into something like those slammed doors, or other non-scriptural so-called "standards" I usually go find another church. I normally try to be early for church, but sometimes real life happens (traffic, a flat tire, miss a bus) and you're late. These things happen and I think it unreasonable not to allow for them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Just as bad are those churches that have very long sermons but do not let people use the toilet during a service. Pregnant women and elderly men with enlarged prostate glands must use the toilet frequently as do people who have and extra cup of coffee.. Should they be forced to wear a diaper? It is inhumane.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

My short reply to this post is this. Though if I had the time I would say more. But in short I think churches should be more focused on bring people to Christ and showing the world the love of God, instead of worry about having the perfect, uninterrupted service.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah, that's a tuffy, I mean there's how we should behave in the household of God even as He isn't a God of disorder and it does speak of letting all things be done decently and in order but having places in the back reserved for late comings would be a good idea.

I mean, I certainly cant judge from where I stand. Only in the sense I don't know how disrupting it had become for such a rule to be made more firm. Like, how disrespectful of God and/or other members of the congregations this apparent situation had become for such recourse.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

That's crazy I never heard of a church doing that and, as far as I know, none of the churches here where I live, do that.  Good thing, too.  I'm late to everything.  Like first song late, not invitation late.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

A lot of churches do it down here, and for good reason. People are so lazy, they will regularly rock up late to the service. It's a bit of a "meh, who cares" attitude. It stinks.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

A lot of churches do it down here, and for good reason. People are so lazy, they will regularly rock up late to the service. It's a bit of a "meh, who cares" attitude. It stinks.

That is because they are too busy visiting.Church to them is a social event.God comes second.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Look, if you had an appointment with the president or someone of some standing ..would you be late?  What about an appointment with your GP or suchlike would you stroll in late and expect to be seen?  I think not.  We meet together as a church as the Lord has commanded us to do, we should have enough respect and love for Him and for our brothers and sisters to be on time. Late comers always distract others and those who make a habit of it should be taken to task. There is of course legitimate reasons for one to be late such as ..a flat tyre or suchlike.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

I live in Asia and quite a handful of local Christian churches would slam shut the doors, literally for late comers. Some would give a grace period of 15 minutes at best but eventually the doors will be shut.

A convenient excuse for the administrators who pass down this rule would be to prevent disturbances from late comers during worship.scratch.gif

I have been hopping to many different churches over the last 15 years and even the most old school churches would have the last 3 rows of seats near the entrance reserved for the tardy and thus, eliminate the fuss of "disturbances".

Unfortunately some are very unforgiving and whenever I hear fellow Christians tell tales of their ordeal being barred from entering the house of God because they were "LATE" I would get very emotional and start giving them a lecture.

I would say something like "what would Jesus do"? Would He kick people out when He was in the middle of preaching just because they arrived late? Ironically the scriptures told a story of people who trashed the roof top of a house during Jesus' preaching and lowered a sick man down from above and Jesus healed him. This incident is recorded in the Bible for many reasons, this correlation to the topic being as one.

I then would ask these church goers if they know why Jesus rebuked the Pharisees with harsh words. The Pharisees were preventing the people getting close to God because of their hypocrisy and stringent laws. 

That being said, I do not believe that any churches, regardless of denominations, have a right to close and shut doors in any given situations because to do so would be to deny believers or non- believers the right of communion with God. This act alone would constitute, a grave sin. IMHO.

I would like to hear your opinion.

PS. I have no problems with North American English speaking churches and I never attended one with any trace of bureaucracy or red tape that would burden worshippers.

:thumbsup: i agree