IGNORED

The Bible and homosexual behavior

bad biker

I'd rather read "Good Omens" again. Makes (edit) more sense than most of the stuff here.

Mind you, this Nietzsche fellow seems decent enough.

Edited by IslandRose

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Infants and young children and animals et al. are not able to give consent to sexual activity and we therefore have laws to protect those unable to protect themselves. Adults are free to engage in whatever sexual activity they choose with each other as long as they are both (or all) willing and give consent to said activity, regardless of whether you or anyone else feels these activities deviant or repulsive and this is really the bottom line... sorry to break it to you.

I have a friend who is vegetarian and she thinks it's totally repulsive for people to eat beef. How would you like it if all the vegetarians got together and decided you can't have knives in your house because you use them to cut beef. So no knives for you. You are sick and perverted for eating beef. After all eating beef is not natural... ok you probably still don't get the point. The point is that NOT EVERYONE IS CHRISTIAN and therefore do not agree to your view.

This is why our country is great. We have the freedom to practice or not to practice our own various beliefs. Now, why should YOU be allowed to deny some person (man or woman) the right to inherit the property (for example) of the person you call your mate, who you lived with and loved?

Be kind to others even if they don't believe what you believe. Allow them to live their lives the way they see fit. If God is REALLY their judge then it's NOT up to you to condemn them. It's your place to love them and be respectful. Or am I missing something here in the teachings of Jesus?

Still waiting

-SS

Yeah SS you miss A LOT when it comes to the teachings of Jesus.  Jesus taught that we are to be a light to the world.  Jesus taught that the world would be offended at us, and this is expected since the world is offended at Him. 

While we do not judge or condemn people, we can judge sin, because God has judged sin. We are qualified to say that homosexuality is a sin, because God has deemed it such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK Shiloh, and from there how do you get to the point where your religious view dictates the civil rights of other people? According to Xian beliefs people do "sinful" things all day every day but we don't deny them CIVIL RIGHTS. Millions of people in this country are not YOUR VERSION of Xian (or any version) and yet we don't deny them CIVIL RIGHTS. These are not Christian rights, or religious rights, or Jewish rights or Islamic rights et al. these are rights of AMERICANS. So where in the bible does it say that Christianity can give or take away the CIVIL LIBERTIES of AMERICANS? :blink:

Still waiting

-SS

Edited by Slippery Slope

Guest shiloh357
Infants and young children and animals et al. are not able to give consent to sexual activity and we therefore have laws to protect those unable to protect themselves. Adults are free to engage in whatever sexual activity they choose with each other as long as they are both (or all) willing and give consent to said activity, regardless of whether you or anyone else feels these activities deviant or repulsive and this is really the bottom line... sorry to break it to you.

I have a friend who is vegetarian and she thinks it's totally repulsive for people to eat beef. How would you like it if all the vegetarians got together and decided you can't have knives in your house because you use them to cut beef. So no knives for you. You are sick and perverted for eating beef. After all eating beef is not natural... ok you probably still don't get the point. The point is that NOT EVERYONE IS CHRISTIAN and therefore do not agree to your view.

This is why our country is great. We have the freedom to practice or not to practice our own various beliefs. Now, why should YOU be allowed to deny some person (man or woman) the right to inherit the property (for example) of the person you call your mate, who you lived with and loved?

Be kind to others even if they don't believe what you believe. Allow them to live their lives the way they see fit. If God is REALLY their judge then it's NOT up to you to condemn them. It's your place to love them and be respectful. Or am I missing something here in the teachings of Jesus?

Still waiting

-SS

Yeah SS you miss A LOT when it comes to the teachings of Jesus.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Still waiting

-SS

Edited by Slippery Slope

Guest shiloh357

Still waiting

-SS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you all,

I want to post a note about why I am now closing this thread.

I was convicted of my own sin. I should have closed it 3 days ago.

It gives no Glory to my Lord. Whom I know and Serve here. :blink:

I also had a situation where I have been way too personally involved. It clouded my vision and took me off of Christ. After staying away all day yesterday and allowing this to develop? I came back this afternoon for a fresh perspective.

It seems I was right all along. :P

This thread is not about civil rights. It is about justification of the homosexual lifestyle. It also is not about gaining the views of our Lord and this community of believers. For the views have been expressed and dismissed out of hand. :blink:

The overwhelmimg sarcasm must be dealt with.

I was having this discussion with a lady at Church after the service. :P We were talking about a friend and about how she see's me able to exercise authority. Yet she herself has not been able to grasp this. This friend had been begging Christ for the victory. Rather than just reaching out and taking what is rightfully hers in Christ. She must learn this, much like all the things in our walk with the Lord.

Bingo!

Closed topic.

It has gone on way too long. The sarcasm needs to be placed in check. There is no actual seeking of answers here. Just vitriol.

I for one should have acted days ago. I will not tolerate this in my own House. This is my House too in Christ Jesus. So I will not tolerate it here.

The point has been made on the other side that there is nothing more to say here. I agree. I have a responsibility here as a Moderator. I also have a responsibility to my Lord. :P

Peace,

Dave

Self edit. :24:

Edited by Dr. Luke