bad biker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

What exactly is it that you are waiting for?

It seems like you are asking for something that doesn't exist.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Well SS, let's remove religion from this discussion, shall we?

The option for homosexuals to get married is still a negative one. The reasons for this vary. The most obvious being the plethera of laws that would be brought into effect. For one, the polygamy laws that we currently have in effect would practically be brought down immediately in that if the government acknowledges that if any person loves any other person they should be able to get married. The next logical question is, "Why limit it?" Likewise any law that prohibits relatives from marrying would have to be laxed to the point that relatives could marry as long as they did not reproduce. After all, if they're in love with each other, why not? This is where NAMBLA would come in. I mean, if a 12 year old boy loves a 46 year old man, why can't they get married? Of course he is under the legal limit, so let's raise his limit to 16 with parental consent (of course, for the average NAMBLA member this would almost be too old). Thus, why should a 16 year old, with persmission from his parents, be prohibited from marrying a 45 year old man?

The problem with homosexuality is that it's a pandora's box. It will open so many problems within our society that it simply would not be worth it.

Moving onto the fact that science has yet to prove that homosexuality is a natural state of being. While this is generally accepted among society, it has yet to be proven. In fact, it use to be considered a disease. Now we see it was two loving people...but why? What scientific evidence do we have to prove that it is merely a loving couple? What evidence do we have that proves people are born this way? It's all theory and no fact. The only evidence that we have is in the nature world where homosexual acts occur frequently. Of course, what is ignored is that this is done as a sign of dominance and of asserting one's power over the other. Thus if we really want to use "nature does it too" as a valid arguement, then homosexual marriage and even homosexual intercourse violate the constitution in that all men are not created equal. If it's just a nature thing then these men and women are attempting to place their authority and power over the other. They are trying to dominate. Looks like the law of nature fails you on this one too.

Look, I believe homosexuality is a sin just like gluttony is. But I do find it as a sin. Christians are extremely hostile to them, but this doesn't change the fact it's a sin. I don't agree with most Christians who act in such harsh ways...I mean that in that I don't agree with their methods. However, I will not tolerate sin and accept it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Take your medication, relax and re-read the posts.

Out of the mouth comes the abundance of the heart Slippery Slope. :21:

Faith

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Well SS, let's remove religion from this discussion, shall we?

The option for homosexuals to get married is still a negative one. The reasons for this vary. The most obvious being the plethera of laws that would be brought into effect. For one, the polygamy laws that we currently have in effect would practically be brought down immediately in that if the government acknowledges that if any person loves any other person they should be able to get married. The next logical question is, "Why limit it?" Likewise any law that prohibits relatives from marrying would have to be laxed to the point that relatives could marry as long as they did not reproduce. After all, if they're in love with each other, why not? This is where NAMBLA would come in. I mean, if a 12 year old boy loves a 46 year old man, why can't they get married? Of course he is under the legal limit, so let's raise his limit to 16 with parental consent (of course, for the average NAMBLA member this would almost be too old). Thus, why should a 16 year old, with persmission from his parents, be prohibited from marrying a 45 year old man

The problem with homosexuality is that it's a pandora's box. It will open so many problems within our society that it simply would not be worth it.

Moving onto the fact that science has yet to prove that homosexuality is a natural state of being. While this is generally accepted among society, it has yet to be proven. In fact, it use to be considered a disease. Now we see it was two loving people...but why? What scientific evidence do we have to prove that it is merely a loving couple? What evidence do we have that proves people are born this way? It's all theory and no fact. The only evidence that we have is in the nature world where homosexual acts occur frequently. Of course, what is ignored is that this is done as a sign of dominance and of asserting one's power over the other. Thus if we really want to use "nature does it too" as a valid arguement, then homosexual marriage and even homosexual intercourse violate the constitution in that all men are not created equal. If it's just a nature thing then these men and women are attempting to place their authority and power over the other. They are trying to dominate. Looks like the law of nature fails you on this one too.

Look, I believe homosexuality is a sin just like gluttony is. But I do find it as a sin. Christians are extremely hostile to them, but this doesn't change the fact it's a sin. I don't agree with most Christians who act in such harsh ways...I mean that in that I don't agree with their methods. However, I will not tolerate sin and accept it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent post SJ, thank you for your thoughtful response.

Rebuttal:

"The option for homosexuals to get married is still a negative one. The reasons for this vary. The most obvious being the plethora of laws that would be brought into effect. For one, the polygamy laws that we currently have in effect would practically be brought down immediately in that if the government acknowledges that if any person loves any other person they should be able to get married. The next logical question is, "Why limit it?" Likewise any law that prohibits relatives from marrying would have to be laxed to the point that relatives could marry as long as they did not reproduce. After all, if they're in love with each other, why not? This is where NAMBLA would come in. I mean, if a 12 year old boy loves a 46 year old man, why can't they get married? Of course he is under the legal limit, so let's raise his limit to 16 with parental consent (of course, for the average NAMBLA member this would almost be too old). Thus, why should a 16 year old, with persmission from his parents, be prohibited from marrying a 45 year old man"

All of the above is very true and quite possible. There are 3 things to be said about this however.

1) It's probably about time the government stopped sticking their noses into the private lives and bedrooms of the American People. After all, if you want to marry your sister or if the guy down the street wants to have 5 wives is it REALLY any of my business or your local cops business, et al.

2) We as a nation abolished slavery and later gave equal rights to blacks and there were people who had a list of the horrible things that would happen... humanity marches onward despite *ehem* certain groups desire prevent it.

"Moving onto the fact that science has yet to prove that homosexuality is a natural state of being. While this is generally accepted among society, it has yet to be proven. In fact, it use to be considered a disease. Now we see it was two loving people...but why? What scientific evidence do we have to prove that it is merely a loving couple? What evidence do we have that proves people are born this way? It's all theory and no fact. The only evidence that we have is in the nature world where homosexual acts occur frequently. Of course, what is ignored is that this is done as a sign of dominance and of asserting one's power over the other. Thus if we really want to use "nature does it too" as a valid argument, then homosexual marriage and even homosexual intercourse violate the constitution in that all men are not created equal. If it's just a nature thing then these men and women are attempting to place their authority and power over the other. They are trying to dominate. Looks like the law of nature fails you on this one too."

Science doesn't need to prove anything about homosexuality in order to give human beings civil rights. :21:

The world used to be considered flat by some... so what.

What evidence do you have to prove anything against all your various points? I think the burden of proof should lay on those trying to keep people from having the rights.

Ever hear of S&M or various other Domination type sex acts? It's not up to you or I to determine what is right or wrong in someone elses consensual relationship.

It is only a religious movement preventing humans from the rights other humans have. Nothing in our constitution says marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman nor that gays don't have certain rights.

I'd say your logic fails you on all of the above.

Still waiting

-SS

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Slope,

No black man ever chose to be black. Sinners choose everyday to sin. It is not even an issue of civil rights. :21:

So your all for men marrying their sisters?

I guess your solution to the genetic problems would be abortion?

Listen my friend you are outside of the Word of God, you are defining yourself by it even though you don't believe.

Will it matter if we allow Homosexual marriage?

Ask the Netherlands where they have been doing it for 10 years now. The impact upon the youth of that Nation is incredible. Now as they struggle and trip over the Rock. They are being overrun by muslims who desire to tear apart their orderly society. As they tremble at the Cup they are going mad and insane euthanising their newborns and the aged of their society. As the depravity sinks in more and more and they are turned over to their own desires.

I'm sure not signing on to that for my Beloved Nation under God.

It is hard enough to teach kids about God and His Love while we kick Him out of the schools and the abortion mills kill an entire generation.

Look at the depravity these kids are consumed by after only a few decades of this nonsense.

No thanks, As for me and my House we will serve God. It is very clear from the last Election here that the people of this great Nation have not yet slipped into total depravity. It is all dependant on whether we believe or not. This Nation is worth fighting for. My children are worth fighting for.

If that is offensive? I'm sorry, talk to God about it. You are at odds with His very Word. If I am translated tomorrow? You will still have to deal with Him.

His Word never ends. Best to get an advocate. :24:

Here is sanity my friend.

The Lord Jesus Christ who is God in the flesh came down from heaven. By the power of the Holy Spirit He was born of a virgin. Born from above and not by the will of man. He was God incarnate. He preached repentance of sins and forgiveness of the condemnation you are already under. He was persecuted, Tried, Suffered and was Crucified. He died and took every blow the enemy had. He took on the wrath of God that you deserved and took your sin and nailed it to the Cross. He was buried and on the third day rose agiain in fulfillment of the Scriptures. Making an open show of the enmey of your soul. Proving that the Word of God does not fail. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to Judge the living and the dead and His Kingdom will have no end.

The Word of God is True, I believe it has the power of life.

This discussion has been about death.

Behold He is risen. :24:

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Thank you for the kind responce SS. Let me go ahead and respond to what you have.

1) It's probably about time the government stopped sticking their noses into the private lives and bedrooms of the American People. After all, if you want to marry your sister or if the guy down the street wants to have 5 wives is it REALLY any of my business or your local cops business, et al.

Well it seems like a good arguement up front...unfortunately we can see the problem within it. For one, let's take the instance of polygamy. While we would think it is none of our business to interfere with such an action, and while the original law was made as an anti-mormon law, in today's world it would not work. For one, claiming taxes and dependants. If I remember right you can only add up to 9 dependants. In a family that has just four people living under the same roof, they would already be pushing it. It would be pushing them into poverty. The one constant fact in any society is that the more people that are in proverty the worse off that society is. The more poverty the less money that goes into the economy. Thus it would ruin our economy. As for homosexual marriages, I will try to find the statistics, there are two types of homosexual relationships. The ones that are extremely open and thus invite in many diseases, or the solid ones. Unfortunately a small, small, small minority are solid. This is why if we look at homosexuals who are sexualy active and compare them to sexually active heterosexuals the disease rate is disproportionately higher. Thus, what occurs in the bedroom is vitally important as to what occurs in the public. The spread of disease effects our society. Likewise, let us assume that homosexuals are allowed to marry. Now we have a bunch of people where a dispaportionist ammount of disease ravishes them. This would cause insurance rates for married couples to shoot up incredibly.

Science doesn't need to prove anything about homosexuality in order to give human beings civil rights. 

The world used to be considered flat by some... so what.

What evidence do you have to prove anything against all your various points? I think the burden of proof should lay on those trying to keep people from having the rights.

Ever hear of S&M or various other Domination type sex acts? It's not up to you or I to determine what is right or wrong in someone elses consensual relationship.

Actually it does. In fact, many of our laws are based upon science. This is why certain things are not allowed. Man cannot have sex with animlas due to diseases and the sheer unaturalness of it. Likewise, marriage is not a basic human right. Marriage is not promised in any human right at all. They are allowed to be together which is a human right...however to say that it's a human right to be married is to now place the burden of proof upon you.

Speaking of burden of proof, logic dictates that those who want to go against the status quo have the burden of proof. You are going against the status quo, thus the burden is on you :21:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Dr. Luke,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

No black man ever chose to be black. Sinners choose everyday to sin. It is not even an issue of civil rights. 

I hope you are not implying that homosexuals choose to be homosexuals. If you are, I must vehemently disagree with you. Do you think one would choose a homosexual lifestyle, one that is so openly discriminated against? I think not.

Science has recently published several articles that point to a probable genetic difference between hetero and homosexuals.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi Slippery,

The problem is that regardless of how religion views homosexuality the state (our government) should not deny them the same rights everyone else has. God can deny them access to heaven if he wants.
I guess the question that needs to be asked is: "Why are the christians so concerned about "gay marriage?" I would like to propose several reasons.

1. "Gay marriage" legitimizes the homosexual lifestyle. One, I said ONE of the major contributing factors in the demise of every civilization is the acceptance of homosexual behavior as a legitimate sector of society. The bible even tells us this is so.

Rom. 1:24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 

25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 

26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 

27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Read the whole progression in Chapter 1 of Romans.

2. We are concerned for the welfare of this country. When we see the things progress the way they are, we know from history that judgement is just around the corner.

The thing we most learn from history is that we don't learn from history.

3. There are some sins that are worse than others. As in Romans Ch. 1 there is a progression to depravity. Some christians are finally awakening to the erosion of the fabric of society after having been asleep to the downward spiral. They are beginning to see that if this is allowed then the the next step is judgement by God, and we must take a stand or suffer the consequences.

Pr 14:34

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

SS,

If it is alright for a man to marry a man, and a man to marry five men, then is it not also alright for a man to marry a horse or a dog?

Where do we draw the line here?

If marriage can't be defined to just one man and one woman, then there is no reason to define marriage at all.

Grant marriage benefits to men and woman who choose to marry animals as well.

Why not marry your house or car?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

What would happen if the gay man marries a horse stud & gives the horse aids?