• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi Slippery, 

The problem is that regardless of how religion views homosexuality the state (our government) should not deny them the same rights everyone else has. God can deny them access to heaven if he wants.
I guess the question that needs to be asked is: "Why are the christians so concerned about "gay marriage?" I would like to propose several reasons.

1. "Gay marriage" legitimizes the homosexual lifestyle. One, I said ONE of the major contributing factors in the demise of every civilization is the acceptance of homosexual behavior as a legitimate sector of society. The bible even tells us this is so.

Rom. 1:24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 

25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 

26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 

27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Read the whole progression in Chapter 1 of Romans.

I don't think you have a snowballs chance in hell of proving that statement. Using the Bible as proof that "ONE of the major contributing factors in the demise of every civilization is the acceptance of homosexual behavior as a legitimate sector of society." is absurd.

The premise is in the scripture but the facts are from history.

2. We are concerned for the welfare of this country. When we see the things progress the way they are, we know from history that judgement is just around the corner.

The thing we most learn from history is that we don't learn from history.

I thought judgement day was a good thing, looked forward to even. Besides, the notion that homosexuals having certain civil rights will bring about judgement day is even more absurd.

The return of Jesus Christ is something I look forward to. The judgement that will come upon the earth is NOT something that I relish.

Joe 2:31  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
I'm not looking forward to seeing people go to hell. It will be worse that anyone can imagine.

3. There are some sins that are worse than others. As in Romans Ch. 1 there is a progression to depravity. Some christians are finally awakening to the erosion of the fabric of society after having been asleep to the downward spiral. They are beginning to see that if this is allowed then the the next step is judgement by God, and we must take a stand or suffer the consequences.

Pr 14:34

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

I don't think you have a snowballs chance in hell of proving that statement. Using the Bible as proof that "ONE of the major contributing factors in the demise of every civilization is the acceptance of homosexual behavior as a legitimate sector of society." is absurd.

You'll have your work cut out for you if you think you can prove that homosexual activity was one of the MAJOR contributing factors in the demise of EVERY civilization in history. Good luck, let me know when you've gathered all those facts.

I thought judgement day was a good thing, looked forward to even. Besides, the notion that homosexuals having certain civil rights will bring about judgement day is even more absurd.

The return of Jesus Christ is something I look forward to. The judgement that will come upon the earth is NOT something that I relish.

Joe 2:31
Edited by Slippery Slope

Sorry, I came in late and don't know who originally said this, but:

Even unmarried hetero relations are not legitimate.

But unmarried heterosexual (and for that matter, homosexual) relationships have been around long before organised religion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

Dear Dr. Luke,

This is just my opinion.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

LOOP:

See how well your argument holds up with God when He holds you in account for your sins.

And if you don't believe in God now, you will.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi Slippery,

Slippery Slope,Dec 4 2004, 06:10 AM

larryt,Dec 3 2004, 11:23 PM]

You'll have your work cut out for you if you think you can prove that homosexual activity was one of the MAJOR contributing factors in the demise of EVERY civilization in history. Good luck, let me know when you've gathered all those facts.

Since I believe that God interacts in the lives of men and influences history and you do not, you wouldn't accept my evidence anyway. And I don't believe in luck, I believe in Jesus.

Joe 2:31  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
I'm not looking forward to seeing people go to hell. It will be worse that anyone can imagine.

OK

Again, isn't judgement day a good thing?

And again I'm not looking forward to seeing anyone undergo severe punishment.

again, if you say so.

I don't see how being Christian equates to the denial of the rights of a civil union (the same rights a married heterosexual couple get) to anyone.

You have decided that you want homosexual rights. The bible and God do not see it as a legitimate relationship. Just as pederasty, polygamy, bestiality are not legitimate relations. Even unmarried hetero relations are not legitimate.

Since when does the bible dictate the rights granted to the citizens of the United State of America? The rights we have are not derived from the bible regardless of whether the bible or god sees this or that as legitimate. According to your statement women shouldn't have rights, since I'm not Christian I shouldn't be able to marry... our system of law and government is based on our constitution NOT on the bible. Thankfully!

I thought that it said in the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
The founders of this nation seemed to think that their rights WERE from God. And in the Constitution the references to "Blessings of Liberty" is a direct reference to the liberty that is in Jesus Christ and most of the founders believed in the bible.

The downfall of our society will probably be the way we treat people at home and abroad anyway.

Sin is always the reason for the downfall of individuals and nations.

Since you believe everything is sin or sinful... you're saying it's ok to treat people here and abroad like crap if you don't agree with them or they don't agree with you?? :emot-crying::emot-crying:

Where do you get the idea that I think that it is OK to treat anyone like "crap" even if they don't agree with me? Criminal activity is criminal. As catsmeow pointed out where do we draw the line. When one line gets crossed the push starts to cross the next and the next, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still waiting

-SS

So what are you waiting for, repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Maybe I'm waiting for you to bring your sensibilities into the modern world since there's no going back. We don't stone people to death anymore for trimming their beards ya know.

I, too, am glad that we are not now under the letter of the law. They also used to stone youths that were rebellious and disobedient.

Deut. 21:18

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

ROFLOL!!!! Oh, I'm so sorry, Frog. I must INSIST that I was born a
Edited by Slippery Slope

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Is it in our genes to be gay?

Of interest:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I now have a headache

Take an aspirin and go read some Nietzsche. It will make you all better...

warm regards

-bud