• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Slope,

Slope,

I just believe that your argument has run the gamut and now you desire to debate with yourself.

I believe you are incorrect and we were just starting to make some headway in the discussion.

Pointing fingers at God's Children never absolves sin. It just redirects the argument away from you.

Edited by Slippery Slope

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

Well, of course, the entire issue of sodomy is settled by the Lord Jesus Christ, the Head of the Christian Church when He declared in Matthew chapter 19 that Holy Matrimony is between a "male and a female," and that it has been this way "from the beginning." Homosexual activitists live to twist Holy writ to their own destruction fueled by their intence HATRED of Judeo-Christian Matrimony involving - as Jesus directed - a MALE and a FEMALE, and never a male & a male, or a female & a female.

The absorptive & delicate lining of the human rectum with its bacteria & flotsam is certainly not fit for homosexual usage. Jesus knew precisely what He was talking about. Bottom line (excusing the pun): practitioners of homosexuality come across as emotionally & spiritually unhinged.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Junior Member

Who cares if gays are gay because of genetics, personal choice, or exposure to hormones in the uterus. 

Is it in our genes to sin?  Yes

Is it our personal choice to sin?  Yes

Do we sin because of exposure to chemicals in the uterus?  In some way probably.  Exposure to hormones helps to shape us and plays a role in our development.

But the truth is no matter what causes homosexuality it is wrong biblically.  If you are a follower of Jesus Christ and believe fully and truly in the word of God then you should also believe sin, in any form is wrong.  This includes homosexuality. 

Being gay is a sin like any sin; no worse.  But what makes the issue is when someone claims to be a Christian and is openly gay; living as if being gay is ok just because popular culture accepts it or because they have the "urge" so its an OK lifestyle. 

I have the urge to sin....is it Ok....NOOOOOO!!!

What I am trying to say is.....

Is it in our genes to be gay?  For some people

Is it personal choice to be gay?  For those who live the gay lifestyle.

Is being gay a result of hormone exposure?  Maybe

Is being gay wrong?  Yes.

Is supporting the gay lifestyle wrong even if you are not gay?  Yes, because that is supporting sin.  Supporting an individual who is wronging God and going against what the Creator has established for us.

Man, I love God and am so happy that He has given us His word to live by.  Where would we be without it!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, you believe homosexuality is a sin :)

You believe we are all sinners. You believe you are a sinner.

Would you deny 2 sinners the civil rights you have? Not marriage rights but civil union rights or domestic partner rights?

Still waiting

-SS

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

So Slippery Slope,

Culling through all this, you're willing to concede that homosexuality is a sin and that marriage is between one man and one woman, but you want to discuss the idea of civil unions for homosexuals as a matter of civil rights. Is that accurate?

Personally I do not agree with the idea of civil unions, because I think this gives the impression of legitimacy and acceptance to an unhealthy relationship. I do not think our government should encourage that, just as I do not believe our government should encourage murder by legitamizing abortion. But we do have to be careful about discrimination. First the idea of visitation at hospitals is an antiquated situation and should be rectified. Close friends should always be allowed to visit. As far as medical decision making, if a homosexual wants someone to be able to make medical decisions on his/her behalf there should be legal documentation for doing so. As far as medical insurance, I believe it's called a "family plan" for a reason. I do not believe a homosexuals partner should automatically be included on a persons insurance coverage just a an adulterous lover cannot be.

But again, no matter what the individuals believe, they are most certainly not "husband and wife" and should not be treated as such. I'm sorry, but I think a homosexual relationship should be viewed as just as illicit as an extramarital affair.

How do you feel about this Slippery Slope? I've seen that you are still waiting for God to reveal Himself to you; isn't that how you put it? Have you sincerely asked Him to intervene in your life or to prove that He exists? I would encourage you to do so and expect to see results. I look forward to further discussion.

The problem I see is that the majority of Christians don't care to show love to homosexuals and help them understand their sin but would rather just stone them to death.

Well, of course, the entire issue of sodomy is settled by the Lord Jesus Christ, the Head of the Christian Church when He declared in Matthew chapter 19 that Holy Matrimony is between a "male and a female," and that it has been this way "from the beginning." Homosexual activitists live to twist Holy writ to their own destruction fueled by their intence HATRED of Judeo-Christian Matrimony involving - as Jesus directed - a MALE and a FEMALE, and never a male & a male, or a female & a female.

The absorptive & delicate lining of the human rectum with its bacteria & flotsam is certainly not fit for homosexual usage. Jesus knew precisely what He was talking about. Bottom line (excusing the pun): practitioners of homosexuality come across as emotionally & spiritually unhinged.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And your point of view on the rights of a civil union are what?

Still waiting

-SS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  42

SS,

Yes, I am a sinner.

You are a sinner.

Being gay is a sin.

Why would I want to accept a civil union? Are you reading what you are writing? Acceptance of civil unions or gay marriages would be accepting a sinful lifestyle. What sense would it make for someone who is against homosexuality to support or be tolerant of such things.

Oh slope...I'm waiting for a responce to my post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You asked for it...

I must say SS, I am somewhat disappointed in your second reply. It was much more crass and sarcastic than your first. I was hoping for an intelligent converstation on this topic.

Me too but you decided to toss out some unintelligent rhetoric so I responded sarcastically to those.

You are ignoring the premise of my arguement. There is nothing wrong with having big families. However, if I remember right the national average for children per family is about three. So imagine that a man marries three women. All three women have the average of three kids, all by the same man. That produces a family that almost no one person can support. Now imagine if just 10% of the population did that...povery levels would shoot up. So please, before being sarcastic, why not put some effort and thought into your next reply?

How about next time you are trying to make a point you say what you mean so that people understand your premise. I understood the premise and found it to be unworthy of serious commentary but since you seriously consider it valid I

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/28/1986

SS,

If it is alright for a man to marry a man, and a man to marry five men, then is it not also alright for a man to marry a horse or a dog?

Where do we draw the line here?

If marriage can't be defined to just one man and one woman, then there is no reason to define marriage at all.

Grant marriage benefits to men and woman who choose to marry animals as well.

Why not marry your house or car?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Easy answer here...

Both men are able to clearly consent to the marriage. An animal cannot.

As long as it's consensual, it should be ok.

SS,

If it is alright for a man to marry a man, and a man to marry five men, then is it not also alright for a man to marry a horse or a dog?

Where do we draw the line here?

If marriage can't be defined to just one man and one woman, then there is no reason to define marriage at all.

Grant marriage benefits to men and woman who choose to marry animals as well.

Why not marry your house or car?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Easy answer here...

Both men are able to clearly consent to the marriage. An animal cannot.

As long as it's consensual, it should be ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen! excellent reply!! :emot-crying::emot-crying::whistling:

Still waiting

-SS