• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The fact that God 'IS' brings into the mind the infinite as reality-> all things are possible by Him Who has always existed...

WE BEGAN! Now in that begin we needed to have relevance to beginning in a reality of infinite plausibility thus the

foundation of Word given by The Son Who has always been such is what we have written down and gives objectivity

to that we have not experienced the infinite yet travel within its carry day to day as a building experience of the boundless

place from which we have been began in... you may not understand this now because we have an immense need to cling

to the finite concept of beginning and the lie removes the need to venture into unbounded realities God's Word presents...

Enoch as a writ has none of the elements that support the intent of The Word of God in the directives spoken above!

Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I think if you need some man made authoritative body to determine what is truth and what is not truth, your relationship with Christ may not be as far along as you may think.

2 Corinthians 5:7

(NKJV)

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

I am curious to understand what you mean by "man made authoritative body"?  All through scripture, God uses other people to work in lives of those who needs correction.  It is He who chooses who will deliver a corrective message.  It is He who works in people through His Spirit.  We are to test the (S)pirits to see if they are from Him or not, and when found to be from Him, we do need to listen.  If we refuse to listen because we disagree, then the question arises as to who or Who is on the throne of our lives?

People refer to commentaries, which are not canonized either.  To quote from any book does not make it equal to scripture.

Maybe I don't understand what you are referring to, but not everything ever quoted had to be from scripture.  It is possible that some facts quested do line up with scripture without the book itself being scripture.

IMO, if one needs a text to be canonized in order for a text to be considered inspired scripture of GOD then they are putting limits on GOD. 

You have it backwards.  God moved men to separate His true words from all others because they are His words, not to make them His words.  Nobody is placing any limits on God.

If I understand you correctly you pointing out that GOD moved man to canonized his word to separate it from others?

The fact that God 'IS' brings into the mind the infinite as reality-> all things are possible by Him Who has always existed...

WE BEGAN! Now in that begin we needed to have relevance to beginning in a reality of infinite plausibility thus the

foundation of Word given by The Son Who has always been such is what we have written down and gives objectivity

to that we have not experienced the infinite yet travel within its carry day to day as a building experience of the boundless

place from which we have been began in... you may not understand this now because we have an immense need to cling

to the finite concept of beginning and the lie removes the need to venture into unbounded realities God's Word presents...

Enoch as a writ has none of the elements that support the intent of The Word of God in the directives spoken above!

Love, Steven

Enoob57 

For clarity, are you saying that the book of Enoch is written from an finite perspective where scripture is from an infinite perspective? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I think if you need some man made authoritative body to determine what is truth and what is not truth, your relationship with Christ may not be as far along as you may think.

(NKJV)

I am curious to understand what you mean by "man made authoritative body"?  All through scripture, God uses other people to work in lives of those who needs correction.  It is He who chooses who will deliver a corrective message.  It is He who works in people through His Spirit.  We are to test the (S)pirits to see if they are from Him or not, and when found to be from Him, we do need to listen.  If we refuse to listen because we disagree, then the question arises as to who or Who is on the throne of our lives?

People refer to commentaries, which are not canonized either.  To quote from any book does not make it equal to scripture.

Maybe I don't understand what you are referring to, but not everything ever quoted had to be from scripture.  It is possible that some facts quested do line up with scripture without the book itself being scripture.

IMO, if one needs a text to be canonized in order for a text to be considered inspired scripture of GOD then they are putting limits on GOD.

You have it backwards.  God moved men to separate His true words from all others because they are His words, not to make them His words.  Nobody is placing any limits on God.

If I understand you correctly you pointing out that GOD moved man to canonized his word to separate it from others?

Yes, the Holy Spirit continues to move in men today. Do you find it hard to believe that He would move men to separate what is His truth from what is not His truth, sort of drawing the line for men. Look at history and how they followed false teachings because someone claimed to of written a message from God. How many books has there been where the author claimed to have a God inspired transcript? Do you believe everything written?

(NKJV)

Yes, the Holy Spirit continues to move in men today. Do you find it hard to believe that He would move men to separate what is His truth from what is not His truth, sort of drawing the line for men. Look at history and how they followed false teachings because someone claimed to of written a message from God. How many books has there been where the author claimed to have a God inspired transcript? Do you believe everything written?

No I don't find it hard to believe at all. I'm fully aware that GOD can do what ever he chooses.

I'm of the opinion, that there is some text out there that is not main stream, but is full of truth. Meaning it does not contradict scripture and maybe it does not meet the standard for canonization, but it can still be inspired.

Love, Steven

Enoob57 

For clarity, are you saying that the book of Enoch is written from an finite perspective where scripture is from an infinite perspective? 

The author is unlike that of the Word... it rings with imagination and finite based composition. Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Love, Steven

Enoob57 

The author is unlike that of the Word... it rings with imagination and finite based composition. Love, Steven

are you saying that the book is not true, or just that God didn't write it or have it written?

Love, Steven

Enoob57 

are you saying that the book is not true, or just that God didn't write it or have it written?

I'm saying when reading apocrypha compared to that which I am accustomed to reading Gen. - Rev. there is difference... the Spirit of the text is not the same!

As soon as I realized the Spirit was different I had no further dealings with apocrypha... there is so much truth in canonized Scripture to absorb why

waste time with that you must struggle to make alright before you can accept!   Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

hummmmmm.....

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/5/2013 at 2:07 AM, silviawang said:

What’s your opinion about the book of  Enoch

I read the book of  Enoch long time ago

And I always thought it was just the fairy tale

But recently days I am amazingly find that it is in the dead sea scrolls

And I am confused

It is too difficult to believe it is true

So I want to hear your opinion

All that the Eternal does is good, perfect (COMPLETE) and pleasing (Romans 12:2). Nothing we could take, add or modify. Especially in regard to the Holy Scripture:

·        “I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth [ it ], that [ men ] should fear before him.” (Ecclesiastes 3.14).

Several times we see Paul warning about this:

·        “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” (1Corinthians 2.13)

·        "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any [ man ] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” (Galatians 1.6-9).

Spiritual things (and even the day-to-day happenings) should be analyzed only in the light of the Holy Scripture. Isaiah also warned about this:

·        “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [ it is ] because [ there is ] no light in them.” (Isaiah 8.20).

Even if we listen to pleasant things, even if the teachings seem beautiful, remember that is where Eve fell and that is how the Antichrist will captivate minds and hearts:

·        “For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree [ was ] good for food, and that it [ was ] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [ one ] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.” (Genesis 3.5,6).

·        “And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.” (Daniel 11.36).

·        “I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [ were ] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.” (Daniel 7.8).

·        “And of the ten horns that [ were ] in his head, and [ of ] the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even [ of ] that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look [ was ] more stout than his fellows.” (Daniel 7.20).

To speak great things against the Eternal does not necessarily mean to tell Him outrages. There is nothing worse than talking or doing good things without Jesus. This is the spirit of the antichrist:

·        He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [ against ] the [ Holy ] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [ world ] to come. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [ his ] fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” (Matthew 7.15-20).

·        “He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.” (Matthew 12.30).

The Eternal warned us about the danger of following someone (or some of his teachings) just because apparently this looks good or worked:

·        “If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.” (Deuteronomy 13.1-4).

And sadly, in these last days, many will be led by these signs and prodigies of lies (2Thessalonians 2:7-12):

·        “I charge [ thee ] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away [ their ] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” (2Timothy 4.1-4).

There have never been so many winds of doctrine dragging people. It was precisely because of this that the Eternal bestowed gifts on those who really belong to Jesus:

·        “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we [ henceforth ] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [ and ] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;” (Ephesians 4.11-14).

But, unfortunately, those who profess to believe in Jesus are not having a love of truth to the point of striving to discover it (Proverbs 23:23) and confirming it with their own lives. No one is zealously seeking the best gifts of the Lord for oneself (1Corinthians 12.31) according to the covenant of the Lord with oneself (Psalms 25:14). Much less looking to exercise them.

Please, in the name of Jesus, do not make the same mistake of Timothy:

·        “Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery” (1Timothy 4.14).

Brothers, DO NOT HESITATE TO RESEARCH, TO DIG DEEP IN SEARCH OF THE TRUTH! In a world of such spiritual deceit, we cannot be accommodated to what we think is right. At the time we stand at the judgment seat of Christ (Romans 14:10; 2 Corinthians 5:10) we cannot use our ignorance of the truth as an excuse. For through prayer and Holy Scripture, we can appropriate it. Let's just stop talking about useless things or go after things that do not build up. So doing we will have plenty of time to receive the whole truth of the Eternal for us.

Time, brethren, is abbreviating!

·        “But this I say, brethren, the time [ is ] short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing [ it ]: for the fashion of this world passeth away.” (1Corinthians 7.29-31).

LET’S SAVE THE TIME USING IT WELL!

·        “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord [ is ].” (Ephesians 5.15-17).

May we all shine the truth of Christ in the midst of this world submerging in darkness (Isaiah 5:30, 8.22, Daniel 12.3, Philippians 2:14, 15).

And you can believe, brothers: all we really need is in the Holy Scripture:

·        “All scripture [ is ] given by inspiration of God, and [ is ] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2Timothy 3.16-17)

No kind of modification needs to be made. VERY LESS SOMEONE IS AUTHORIZED FOR THIS:

·        “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [ from ] the things which are written in this book.” (Revelation 22.18,19).

·        “Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ ought ] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.” (Deuteronomy 4.2).

·        “And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and [ to ] Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think [ of men ] above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.” (1Corinthians 4.6).

To deviate, a little that be, from what is in the Holy Scripture is so dangerous that serious warning is made about it:

·        “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, [ even ] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.” (1Timothy 6.3-5).

·        “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” (Romans 16.17,18).

·        “Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [ your ] house, neither bid him God speed: for he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.” (2John 8-11).

·        “Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.” (2Thessalonians 3.6).

In this world where few are daring to believe and live the truth, more than ever we have to follow what the Eternal said to Joshua: be strong and heart not to deviate, not for less, not for more, from His Word:

·        Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it [ to ] the right hand or [ to ] the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [ is ] with thee whithersoever thou goest.” (Joshua 1.6-9).

To reach the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ, only through the Holy Scripture:

·        “But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2Thessalonians 2.13,14)

May the Father fulfill in us the will of Jesus:

·        “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6.13).