• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1954

Most people caught up the opinions of the world don't want to face the truth about what God says about homosexuality, but here goes anyway. In the Old Testament God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sexual sin like homosexuality. Even Jesus mentions Sodom. In addition, 1 Peter condemns homosexuality. Does that give us the right bash homosexuals? No, but it does give us a clear picture that homosexuals are not headed to heaven and need much prayer so they will repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and break free from the bondage they are in.

Edited by craigdressler

Guest shiloh357

Most people caught up the opinions of the world don't want to face the truth about what God says about homosexuality, but here goes anyway. In the Old Testament God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sexual sin like homosexuality. Even Jesus mentions Sodom. In addition, 1 Peter condemns homosexuality. Does that give us the right bash homosexuals? No, but it does give us a clear picture that homosexuals are not headed to heaven and need much prayer so they will repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and break free from the bondage they are in.

Right on.   Unfortunately there are all too many liberal Christians who want to serve as enablers for gays instead of giving them the Gospel of Jesus Christ which can save their lives from destruction.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

i always think that what kind of love between David and Jonathan

what kind? you think david and jonathan were homosexual? you're way off the mark on that one if that is what you meant. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Both Old and New Testaments make it clear that God does not favour homosexual activity. It's as simple as that.

Biologically, it serves no purpose and is also unhygienic and unhealthy. We are being told by modern establishment that homosexuality is natural, yet even those who don't believe in God must be able to see that it is not so. A square peg does not fit a round hole.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

what kind? you think david and jonathan were homosexual? you're way off the mark on that one if that is what you meant. 

1Samuel 20

30 Then Saul’s anger was kindled against Jonathan. He said to him, ‘You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen the son of Jesse to your own shame, and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness?

------how to explain???

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

1Samuel 20

30 Then Saul’s anger was kindled against Jonathan. He said to him, ‘You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen the son of Jesse to your own shame, and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness?

------how to explain???

Hey Silvia...I'll try to place this into context for you...

This passage is idiomatic in nature (Hebrew idiom), but has to do with the concept of "loss of face" or "bringing great shame".

Example: When I was in the service, I had a good friend named Hideshi, who was Japanese by birth. Hideshi's dad had been a naval aviator with the IJN in World War 2 and had participated in the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Hideshi came to the US to study at a University...and while there he fell in love with and married an American woman (against his parent's wishes). Then he applied for US citizenship and joined the US Army.

We had a capabilities exercise at Ft Bragg for a Japanese delegation from the JSDF...and Hideshi was tasked to be a translator...Hideshi's father was in the delegation...

Hideshi's father would not talk to his son...and when our Sergeant Major (out of curiosity) asked him "why?"....Hideshi's father replied that it was because Hideshi "had brought great shame" on the family.

This is exactly the attitude that Saul is exhibiting in berating Johnathan in the passage that was quoted...nothing more...it's just using idiomatic speech.

Hope that helps!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

I meant to point out also...that Saul suffered a "loss of face" because his own son Johnathan had given his loyalty to David instead of Saul...

1Samuel 20

------how to explain???

in modern english, he might have worded it

"you son of a .....! blood is thicker than water, but you have chosen to side with your friend instead of your own father. your mother would roll over in her grave if she knew! you should be ashamed of yourself" 

there is nothing in the story of david/saul/jonathan that even hints at homosexuality. david's love for jonathon was that of a very close friend, one whom he trusted with his life. and that love was deep and abiding, and it was mutual. but it was not sexual.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Hate the sin, not the sinner!! The Bible does call homosexuality an abomination, so we should pray for those who are engaging in that lifestyle.