gray wolf

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think after you die if you are not in a state of grace or if you do not accept Jesus you still have a chance of getting in to heaven.  Let me explain.  Jesus said there are many rooms in my father’s house.  So I’ll compare heaven to a house.

Let’s say there are twenty floors and many rooms on each floor the twentieth floor being where God resides. The basement is hell.  Jesus said that John The Baptist was the greatest person on earth but was the least in the kingdom of heaven.  So this leads me to believe that when you die you enter his kingdom on a lower floor. Which floor depends on what sort of life you led.  Let’s say you enter on the left side of the ground floor and before you can go up to the next floor you must progress to the right side and when you go to the next floor you repeat the process.  The R.C Church refers to this as purgatory.  Jesus in Matthew 5: 23 to 26                         

23 "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.  25 "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. (Prison being purgatory)   

26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

To sum up if you don’t accept Christ you will not enter the penthouse.  But I do think you will be given a chance.  If a non Christian clothes, feeds, visits people in prison or hospital.  (Leads a good life treating others with respect) It would not be truly just to send them to the same place as murders, rapists ETC.  The way I have shown above is the only fair process and if anything Jesus is fair and merciful. In my opinion if it doesn’t make sense there’s something wrong.

God Bless stay in the love and the light.

I think after you die if you are not in a state of grace or if you do not accept Jesus you still have a chance of getting in to heaven.

No that's not biblical. John chapter 3 says you MUST be born again to enter heaven, and choosing to accept Christ MUST be made in this lifetime.

Let’s say there are twenty floors and many rooms on each floor the twentieth floor being where God resides. The basement is hell.

No that's not biblical either. Hell is not in the Father's house in heaven. Hell is in a completely different place. Nothing defiled will enter the Father's house. Heaven and hell are two separate places.

If a non Christian clothes, feeds, visits people in prison or hospital.  (Leads a good life treating others with respect) It would not be truly just to send them to the same place as murders, rapists ETC.

No that's not biblical. Good deeds do not get you into heaven. "Good people" still sin and fall short of God's glory. You MUST be born again of the holy spirit in this lifetime to enter heaven. Sinners will not enter heaven. If you are not born again then you are already condemned by God. (John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.) Your sin and unbelief of who Jesus is sends you to hell, sorry to burst your fantasy bubble however. - DRS81

Guest shiloh357

I think after you die if you are not in a state of grace or if you do not accept Jesus you still have a chance of getting in to heaven.  Let me explain.  Jesus said there are many rooms in my father’s house.  So I’ll compare heaven to a house.

Let’s say there are twenty floors and many rooms on each floor the twentieth floor being where God resides. The basement is hell.  Jesus said that John The Baptist was the greatest person on earth but was the least in the kingdom of heaven.  So this leads me to believe that when you die you enter his kingdom on a lower floor. Which floor depends on what sort of life you led.  Let’s say you enter on the left side of the ground floor and before you can go up to the next floor you must progress to the right side and when you go to the next floor you repeat the process.  The R.C Church refers to this as purgatory.  Jesus in Matthew 5: 23 to 26                         

23 "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.  25 "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. (Prison being purgatory)   

26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

To sum up if you don’t accept Christ you will not enter the penthouse.  But I do think you will be given a chance.  If a non Christian clothes, feeds, visits people in prison or hospital.  (Leads a good life treating others with respect) It would not be truly just to send them to the same place as murders, rapists ETC.  The way I have shown above is the only fair process and if anything Jesus is fair and merciful. In my opinion if it doesn’t make sense there’s something wrong.

Nope.  That is not true.  There is no purgatory, no second chances.   Purgatory is a false teaching and not in the Bible.  

The problem with your view is that sin is not something you can pay for.   Jesus died on the cross to pay your sin debt.  To argue that you must go to purgatory to pay that debt yourself tramples the blood of Jesus underfoot and denies the all sufficiency of His sacrifice for sin on the cross.  Purgatory says, "Jesus is not enough."   Your view is simply not the biblical view.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I

I'm sorry but the above is simply not biblical.  Jesus told us He is the way....the only way.  Please read your Bible for the truth. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Nope.  That is not true.  There is no purgatory, no second chances.   Purgatory is a false teaching and not in the Bible.  

The problem with your view is that sin is not something you can pay for.   Jesus died on the cross to pay your sin debt.  To argue that you must go to purgatory to pay that debt yourself tramples the blood of Jesus underfoot and denies the all sufficiency of His sacrifice for sin on the cross.  Purgatory says, "Jesus is not enough."   Your view is simply not the biblical view.

Amen. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I

I'm sorry but the above is simply not biblical.  Jesus told us He is the way....the only way.  Please read your Bible for the truth. 

I would say you are right, Jesus is the way........   he decides who goes to heaven and who doesn't......   we have no right to make that decision.......   period.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I was watching a video of Sam Harris criticizing Christians for believing that all believers in other faiths wind up in Hell, since Christianity is the only Way.  I got to thinking about it and the verse John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  I have long thought that this meant all (even decent) people of other faiths wind up in Hell for not believing on Him, even though they never heard the Gospel.  But this is one interpretation of the verse.  I have come around to considering what sends someone to Hell.  It is rejection of Christ.  These hundreds of millions of people did not have the chance, so why should we interpret the verse to mean that God will not provide a chance for them in a mysterious way?  This is known as Inclusivism; many Christians, including CS Lewis thought this way, as do I.  Exclusivism is the former idea.

I have taken much chastisement for holding this view, but I think it is the only rational way in accordance with the Love of God to answer this perplexing issue.   I am a very enthusiastic supporter of missionary efforts and this view does not diminish the urgency of the Gospel at all.   Let me know what you think.

Awesome thought provoking thread wolf.

My two cents- I hope so. I hope God gives these people who have not REJECTED Christ a chance to ACCEPT him. Something tells me though that if you have not accepted Christ before death, that may be all folks.

As for where do I think people who don't believe in Christ but who have not rejected him go upon death, I don't know. That's exclusively gods business.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I think the take away is to work while it is day. Tirelessly spread the Gospel. Never let up.

I think the take away is to work while it is day. Tirelessly spread the Gospel. Never let up.

~

Amen~!

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:23

You Pick It

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I was watching a video of Sam Harris criticizing Christians for believing that all believers in other faiths wind up in Hell, since Christianity is the only Way.  I got to thinking about it and the verse John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  I have long thought that this meant all (even decent) people of other faiths wind up in Hell for not believing on Him, even though they never heard the Gospel.  But this is one interpretation of the verse.  I have come around to considering what sends someone to Hell.  It is rejection of Christ.  These hundreds of millions of people did not have the chance, so why should we interpret the verse to mean that God will not provide a chance for them in a mysterious way?  This is known as Inclusivism; many Christians, including CS Lewis thought this way, as do I.  Exclusivism is the former idea.

I have taken much chastisement for holding this view, but I think it is the only rational way in accordance with the Love of God to answer this perplexing issue.   I am a very enthusiastic supporter of missionary efforts and this view does not diminish the urgency of the Gospel at all.   Let me know what you think.

Awesome thought provoking thread wolf.

My two cents- I hope so. I hope God gives these people who have not REJECTED Christ a chance to ACCEPT him. Something tells me though that if you have not accepted Christ before death, that may be all folks.

As for where do I think people who don't believe in Christ but who have not rejected him go upon death, I don't know. That's exclusively gods business.

What do we do with those whose rejection of Christ is understandable:

a poorly expressed gospel

sexual abuse which indelibly associates God with the pedophile.

missionaries who enslave the recipients etc. etc.

Now, if you mean those who have rejected Christ under the right conditions: (the gospel was well communicated; the recipient was in a state of mind in which rejection could only be due to pride) then we have another issue.

clb