• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Who is to say who is right and who is wrong.  Each relationship with Christ is a personal one and if it is right for you well, then its right for you.

Stay in the love & the light. God Bless.

Who is to say who is right or who is wrong?  Jesus Himself...'

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Anyone who is not saved and hasn't accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior is NOT going to heaven, my friend.  Works won't get you there, even if you're perfect in every way. Why do you argue against what is written, in plain words, in the Bible?

if I am right does that mean you are dammed?   If he judges you as harshly as you judge others maybe you are damming yourself.  It is something you should think about very seriously.  It may be a while befor I respond to your reply to this as I am very busy this coming week.

Good night and God bless from Irish Guy. Stay in the love & the Light

Being Irish and being wrong will get you no where with the Lass :thumbsup: Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Anyone who is not saved and hasn't accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior is NOT going to heaven, my friend.  Works won't get you there, even if you're perfect in every way. Why do you argue against what is written, in plain words, in the Bible?

All this verse means is that it is Jesus who decides who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.....   it doesn't speak of any requirements

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I

To sum up if you don’t accept Christ you will not enter the penthouse.  But I do think you will be given a chance.  If a non Christian clothes, feeds, visits people in prison or hospital.  (Leads a good life treating others with respect) It would not be truly just to send them to the same place as murders, rapists ETC.  The way I have shown above is the only fair process and if anything Jesus is fair and merciful. In my opinion if it doesn’t make sense there’s something wrong.

God Bless stay in the love and the light.

I'm sorry but the above is simply not biblical.  Jesus told us He is the way....the only way.  Please read your Bible for the truth. 

Hi MorningGlory peace be with you what a lovely name you have picked.

I’m sorry to have to disagree with you but this piece of scripture tells me it is biblical.  (Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.)  There is so much more to the New Testament than just words.  When I read it I can feel it, the compassion, the forgiveness, the divine love that oozes out of every page.  The Jesus that I have come to know is everything of the above and then some.  In my opinion the Jesus that I have come to know through the Gospel will not condemn Good people.  This life is a test and if God gave us all the information it would not be much of a test that’s why there are so many different Christian religions and sects.  Who is to say who is right and who is wrong.  Each relationship with Christ is a personal one and if it is right for you well, then its right for you.

Copy and pasting the same response from your desktop to everyone doesn't really do anything.

It just says to us that you haven't changed and you're simply ignoring what we're saying.

Back to square one. God Bless.

Hi drs81,  You may be interested in my post 224 to MorningGlory.

Hi drs81,  You may be interested in my post 224 to MorningGlory.

The criminal was born again. You must be born again to enter into the kingdom of God. Any other teachings are false genesis.

Hi Shilo357 I just quoted Matthew 5:23 to 26 and in my opinion this is the biblical reference to purgatory a place where you atone for your sins.  

You can't atone for your sins.  If you could, then no one would need Jesus.   Jesus died to atone for our sins because we were unable to do so. There was nothing we could do to pay for our sins.  The doctrine of purgatory is not in the Bible and just because you try to pencil it into the Bible doesn't make a true doctrine.   The Bible knows of nothing called purgatory.  It is a lie.

Jesus is concerned about our souls he is not concerned about us going to court where we may or may not go to prison. 

Jesus is concerned about our souls, but the decision has to be made in this life.  There are no second chances.  When you step out into eternity the only thing that matters  will be the decision you made for Jesus in this life.  That is what determines your eternal destiny.   Sinners die in theirs sins forever.  They cannot die for their sins.

With regard to Purgatory saying Jesus is not enough.  Purgatory is for sinners who have not found Jesus so how it tramples on the blood of Jesus I don’t get that. .

It tramples the blood of Jesus by providing another way of salvation apart from Jesus. There is no salvation apart from the blood of Jesus.   There is no purgatory, that is myth.   Salvation will only ever be found in the death of Jesus and his shed blood.  It is Jesus' blood that atones, not the myth of Purgatory.

Jesus died on the cross to pay your sin debt. To argue that you must go to purgatory to pay that debt yourself tramples the blood of Jesus underfoot and denies the all sufficiency of His sacrifice for sin on the cross.

I don’t understand what your point is here.  Are you saying that I don’t have to ask forgiveness for my sins because Jesus already has paid my dept?

No, what I an saying is that Jesus paid the death penalty for your sin.   Jesus died on the cross to redeem us from the curse of death that hangs over the head of corporate humanity.   It must be appropriated by faith in Jesus and His finished work on the cross.   Forgiveness is not for God's benefit but for ours.   Jesus has paid for our sins, but we need to daily experience His forgiveness to keep out from under condemnation from the enemy.

When I see “no that’s not biblical” I just wonder are they reading it without hearts without love. 

It's the other way around.  It is a lack of love to simply let people go off into false doctrines, like Purgatory.

Hi Shilo357,  You may be interested in my post 224 to MorningGlory.

But also I would say to you about purgatory trampling the blood of Jesus under foot.  I would say no it tramples your theology under foot.  Secondly I am not pencilling in anything just pointing out the reference to purgatory in Matthew because people keep saying it is not biblical.   Now instead of belittling my opinion with a comment about (pencilling in) would it not be better to giving your opinion on what Jesus was talking about and explain in your own words what he was saying.  Stay in the love & the Light.     

Who is to say who is right and who is wrong.  Each relationship with Christ is a personal one and if it is right for you well, then its right for you.

Who is to say who is right or who is wrong?  Jesus Himself...'

if I am right does that mean you are dammed?   If he judges you as harshly as you judge others maybe you are damming yourself.  It is something you should think about very seriously.  It may be a while befor I respond to your reply to this as I am very busy this coming week.

Good night and God bless from Irish Guy. Stay in the love & the Light

Being Irish and being wrong will get you no where with the Lass :thumbsup: Love, Steven

Hi Enoob57 peace be with you.

Saying someone is wrong does not make them wrong only Jesus can do that.  But if I’m wrong in doing and saying what I think is right then Jesus will forgive me because I am doing it for him.  Until I am convinced that my theology is wrong I will continue to follow my theology for Jesus.

So far I see people  

following a theology that does not make sense and I’m sure they will say the same about me.  But I will not judge them because I know they are doing it for the right reasons.  All I ask is that they do not Judge me because judgement is for Jesus only and morningglory is right Jesus is the only one who can say who is right and who is wrong. 

Stay in the love & the Light.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hi Enoob57 peace be with you.

Saying someone is wrong does not make them wrong only Jesus can do that.  But if I’m wrong in doing and saying what I think is right then Jesus will forgive me because I am doing it for him.  Until I am convinced that my theology is wrong I will continue to follow my theology for Jesus.

So far I see people  

following a theology that does not make sense and I’m sure they will say the same about me.  But I will not judge them because I know they are doing it for the right reasons.  All I ask is that they do not Judge me because judgement is for Jesus only and morningglory is right Jesus is the only one who can say who is right and who is wrong. 

Stay in the love & the Light.

Do you know why God has His Word written down for us?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

I was watching a video of Sam Harris criticizing Christians for believing that all believers in other faiths wind up in Hell, since Christianity is the only Way.  I got to thinking about it and the verse John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  I have long thought that this meant all (even decent) people of other faiths wind up in Hell for not believing on Him, even though they never heard the Gospel.  But this is one interpretation of the verse.  I have come around to considering what sends someone to Hell.  It is rejection of Christ.  These hundreds of millions of people did not have the chance, so why should we interpret the verse to mean that God will not provide a chance for them in a mysterious way?  This is known as Inclusivism; many Christians, including CS Lewis thought this way, as do I.  Exclusivism is the former idea.

I have taken much chastisement for holding this view, but I think it is the only rational way in accordance with the Love of God to answer this perplexing issue.   I am a very enthusiastic supporter of missionary efforts and this view does not diminish the urgency of the Gospel at all.   Let me know what you think.

Thou hast posted:  " I have long thought that this meant all (even decent) people of other faiths wind up in Hell for not believing on Him, even though they never heard the Gospel.  But this is one interpretation of the verse.  I have come around to considering what sends someone to Hell.  It is rejection of Christ."

1) Take a look at Rom 1; are there decent people?

2) I am unaware of any scripture which says men go to Hell for not believing on Him."

The wages of sin is death.  The Lake of Fire is the 2nd death.  It is man's sins that are the cause of going to the Lake of Fire.  I know no other cause.  Now Christ does provide the only escape.

On people having chances, I refer you to Romans 1 "When they knew God" and Acts 17 in Him we live & move & have our existence.  Also one might do a concordance check on the word "excuse."

Hi Shilo357 I just quoted Matthew 5:23 to 26 and in my opinion this is the biblical reference to purgatory a place where you atone for your sins.  

You can't atone for your sins.  If you could, then no one would need Jesus.   Jesus died to atone for our sins because we were unable to do so. There was nothing we could do to pay for our sins.  The doctrine of purgatory is not in the Bible and just because you try to pencil it into the Bible doesn't make a true doctrine.   The Bible knows of nothing called purgatory.  It is a lie.

Jesus is concerned about our souls he is not concerned about us going to court where we may or may not go to prison. 

Jesus is concerned about our souls, but the decision has to be made in this life.  There are no second chances.  When you step out into eternity the only thing that matters  will be the decision you made for Jesus in this life.  That is what determines your eternal destiny.   Sinners die in theirs sins forever.  They cannot die for their sins.

With regard to Purgatory saying Jesus is not enough.  Purgatory is for sinners who have not found Jesus so how it tramples on the blood of Jesus I don’t get that. .

It tramples the blood of Jesus by providing another way of salvation apart from Jesus. There is no salvation apart from the blood of Jesus.   There is no purgatory, that is myth.   Salvation will only ever be found in the death of Jesus and his shed blood.  It is Jesus' blood that atones, not the myth of Purgatory.

Jesus died on the cross to pay your sin debt. To argue that you must go to purgatory to pay that debt yourself tramples the blood of Jesus underfoot and denies the all sufficiency of His sacrifice for sin on the cross.

I don’t understand what your point is here.  Are you saying that I don’t have to ask forgiveness for my sins because Jesus already has paid my dept?

No, what I an saying is that Jesus paid the death penalty for your sin.   Jesus died on the cross to redeem us from the curse of death that hangs over the head of corporate humanity.   It must be appropriated by faith in Jesus and His finished work on the cross.   Forgiveness is not for God's benefit but for ours.   Jesus has paid for our sins, but we need to daily experience His forgiveness to keep out from under condemnation from the enemy.

When I see “no that’s not biblical” I just wonder are they reading it without hearts without love. 

It's the other way around.  It is a lack of love to simply let people go off into false doctrines, like Purgatory.

Hi Shilo357,  You may be interested in my post 224 to MorningGlory.

But also I would say to you about purgatory trampling the blood of Jesus under foot.  I would say no it tramples your theology under foot.  Secondly I am not pencilling in anything just pointing out the reference to purgatory in Matthew because people keep saying it is not biblical.   Now instead of belittling my opinion with a comment about (pencilling in) would it not be better to giving your opinion on what Jesus was talking about and explain in your own words what he was saying.  Stay in the love & the Light.     

I am not an expert on RCC theology, but as I understand it, in RCCism, Christ's death pays for men's sins, not purgatory.  We believe in chastisement by God to correct us, not to pay for our sins (Hebrews 12).  I think that for the RCC purgatory is a chastisement, not a payment for sin.  Notwithstanding, there is no purgatory in the Bible; no not in Mat 5.  At the Judgment Seat of Christ (see 1&2 Cor) there is wood, hay, & stubble works being burned up -- not the Christian, but his works, which might be called a purging event.  But there is no indication of the Chr being punished there.  I suppose one might be sad at losing reward, with the tears quickly wiped off by the Lord.

To put the Lake of Fire in perspective, consider < Isaiah 50:

"11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that gird yourselves about with firebrands; walk ye in the flame of your fire, and among the brands that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of my hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow."

If one ends up in the Lake of Fire, one has only oneself to blame.  At great cost our Lord bore our sins on the cross, with suffering past comprehension.  He is available to all as a Savior.