fromeasttowest

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I know discussing this is cliche but, what do you guys think about this?  

Daniel 12:11-12"From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days!" 

Matthew 24:1515“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

I was reading this and thought hmmm what stands in the Holy Place today? The Dome of the Rock.  So I looked up when it was it was built. 693AD and subtracted 1290 years and I got 597BC. The year the First Temple was destroyed and the articles were carried off.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Daniel 12:11-12"From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days!" 

Matthew 24:1515“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

I was reading this and thought hmmm what stands in the Holy Place today? The Dome of the Rock.  So I looked up when it was it was built. 693AD and subtracted 1290 years and I got 597BC. The year the First Temple was destroyed and the articles were carried off.

Welcome here!  I know others who  think and believe this and there is certainly no shortage of Jewish people who have this sentiment.  I have myself done much research on the subject and I will say there  are pros and cons, so at this point in time, I am reserving my decision.  I think it certainly makes for a very interesting discussion also. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to you fromeasttowest,

Welcome to Worthy and its good to have you here.It is a very interesting topic and I am sure you will get plenty of interpretations and opinions as well.....I am without anything to contribute at this time but you never know how the Spirit may lead me a little later?

I do hope you enjoy Worthy as much as I do ,it is a blessing from the Lord...praise Jesus!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Hi there and welcome to Worthy :) be blessed as you fellowship with us

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

Well I guess that is one interpretation...

My understanding is however that the abomination happened way back around AD 70.   When the Romans captured the temple, rededicated it to the god Jupiter and defiled it according to rules of the OT by slaughtered a boar on it's altar.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Welcome, and thanks for the interesting discussion - definitely one to think about.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I am inclined to agree......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I tend to believe that a time is yet coming when the antichrist will enter the temple and demand to be worshipped. I don't see that the great tribulation began then, (one that had not been seen since the beginning of the world --no, nor shall ever be) in 70 AD, after the temple in Jeruselem was destroyed by the Romans. And unless those days had been shortened, no flesh would be saved? To be sure there was horrible persecution of Christians and Jews, but it did not endanger all flesh. It seems highly probable that this day is yet to come. My understanding is that the abomination of desolation was to usher in the wrath of God. It says that immediately after that--the sun would be darkened, the moon would not give off its light, and the stars would fall from heaven. There is no record in history of these things happening, much less the return of Christ. Matt 24:15-21. And I doubt if the Jesus would call the mosque the holy place. But it is an interesting thought. Just doesn't seem to fill all the criteria.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Welcome.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I tend to believe that a time is yet coming when the antichrist will enter the temple and demand to be worshipped. I don't see that the great tribulation began then, (one that had not been seen since the beginning of the world --no, nor shall ever be) in 70 AD, after the temple in Jeruselem was destroyed by the Romans. And unless those days had been shortened, no flesh would be saved? To be sure there was horrible persecution of Christians and Jews, but it did not endanger all flesh. It seems highly probable that this day is yet to come. My understanding is that the abomination of desolation was to usher in the wrath of God. It says that immediately after that--the sun would be darkened, the moon would not give off its light, and the stars would fall from heaven. There is no record in history of these things happening, much less the return of Christ. Matt 24:15-21. And I doubt if the Jesus would call the mosque the holy place. But it is an interesting thought. Just doesn't seem to fill all the criteria.

I second that thought.  Especially, Jesus would not consider that mosque the Holy Place.