• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1984

In Mathew 7:15-20 it says by their fruits u shall know them.... Does that give anyone in anyway the go ahead to judge others?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  19

There is a difference between discerning (you shall know them) and judging. 

discern = perceive or recognize (something).

judge = form an opinion or conclusion about

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

In Mathew 7:15-20 it says by their fruits u shall know them.... Does that give anyone in anyway the go ahead to judge others?

You need to draw the difference between judging in terms of condemning someone vs. "exercising discernment", prudence etc.

Clearly we are not to condemn people.   We should not show contempt for them etc.     But that doesn't mean we have to accept their actions, associate with them, or agree with them when we have serious doubts about their spiritual condition coming from their actions.    God gave us a brain and our senses for such things after all.

Edited by Addai

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There's a difference between "judging" and "pointing fingers."

We tend to use the two interchangeably. But in actually we all "judge" everything. For instance, I judge that the weather today is cool.

The question is what it is you are judging and how you are judging and what you are basing your judgement on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

Nicely put Addai and I am not quite sure if I have welcomed you myab to Worthy ,I am very glad you are here....Yes I agree with Addai that in judging another or their actions if it is in terms of condemning .....it is okay to "use" our judgement by what we observe but definately not to take a position of condemnation.........the best way is to always pray and walk in spirit & in truth...we should ask for discernment from the Holy Spirit and for Wisdom to do all things according to Gods Will & what He would have us to do....this scripture can also tell us alot about teachers & preachers,everyone that we come in contact with

With love,in Christ-Kwik.

Thanks everyone its just that I heard the pastor say some time ago band realize that it could not be right....son decided to ask u guys. Thanks a lot

Not judge, but rather teach them the truth. Then you allow God to work in their hearts.  :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Thank you myab for your topic.

You ask,

This brought to mind the following, which I trust will be of help.

Bless you.

Edwin.

Subject: How to bear the fruit of the Spirit.

Have a look at the following,

Due 28:4 Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Both refer to, "fruit", one is psychical, and the other spiritual. The first refers to babies, and the second to the work of the Holy Spirit.

Why do you think Jesus is described as the Bridegroom, and the Church as the bride of Christ ?

How things happen in the psychical world, are an indication of how God intends things to happen in the spiritual world.

How does a woman who wishes to bear the fruit of her womb, manage this ?

By surrendering herself to the man she loves, and allowing him to implant his seed in her.

How does a Christian who wishes to bear the fruit of the Spirit, manage this ?

By surrendering himself/herself continually to the Man he/she loves, Jesus, and allowing Him to implant His seed (the Holy Spirit) in him/her, Who continually bears fruit.

Eph 5:18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

Note: This verse is written in the present continual tense, and therefore, “be filled with the Spirit”, is better rendered as, “be, being filled with the Spirit”.

Now you see how it's done.

Thank you so much Edwin I must say well detailed answer. Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We need to read more of the verses to see who Jesus was talking about and under what conditions.

It is always best when posting scripture for when you are looking for an answer, that you do this. 

Mat 7:15  "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 
Mat 7:16  You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 
Mat 7:17  So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 
Mat 7:18  A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 
Mat 7:19  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 
Mat 7:20  Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. 
Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 
Mat 7:22  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 
Mat 7:23  And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' 

Are we to judge these false prophets? No, but we are told to beware of them and 7:23 informs us of their fate.

But then again, I see nothing wrong in correcting a false prophet.