IGNORED

The Problem of Suffering/Evil: a Biblical Approach.

gray wolf

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

In the mean time, we must work to alleviate the suffering as our duty. For with the curse, God has given us intelligence to overcome some of it.

In the examination of things it is apparent we take 1 step forward and three back... We are existing in infinite yet we maintain

a finite perspective cause that just the way things are done down here (?) We sacrifice that which is around us in order to do

that which you speak of.... so as long as I don't suffer what comes after is of little consequence! Granted it would be neurotic

to invite it as a desired thing but to accept it as necessary to the fulfillment of His Word 

1 John 4:17-19

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are

we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears

has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

NKJV

John 16:32-33

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good

cheer, I have overcome the world."

NKJV

The real light is that we live in the permanent and not the temporary for God does not wish us to set our hearts upon it 

1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the

Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God

abides forever.

NKJV

loving not even our own bodies that desperately searches escape from suffering as all may come against like Job

but God will come to us when that which He is not keeping is burnt away and that which He has begun in us stands

apart from the consideration of temporal suffering... Love, Steven

Well said enoob.....yes :grin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

No one is exempt from suffering.  I cannot use any other reference other then the Bible.  God did not promise us this life without pain.  He did promise however He would walk us through it with us step by step if we choose to trust Him.  This world is not our home.  Our real home is in Heaven with Christ.  Even Paul said that what he was going through now did not even compare what awaited him and those who believe in Jesus. in fact he counted it all joy to suffer for Christ sake because he know where his real reward was. None of us are going to get out of this life alive unless we are raptured, and even then we are subject to live in a fallen world and live in bodies that break down.  So until then trust in Him and know that He is able to see us through until the end.

AMEN

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

As I pointed out in an earlier post, the ancient Biblical authors were greatly troubled by suffering and offered various ideas on why it exists.  The view that our sojourn here on Earth is so fleeting in comparison to eternity has great appeal.  I haven't seen yet a one size fits all theodicy, much of it remains a mystery.  I do not think it offensive to God to wonder why.  I think that He would be more concerned with how we react to it here on earth:  empathizing with those suffering, alleviating it as we can (and tremendous strides in this have occurred with modern medicine).  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Don't think.... just obey

Oy veh! :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Oooops 

Isa 1:18

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet,

they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

KJV

I believe God wants us to reason with Him in all things 'that which we are made able to!'

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Oooops 

Isa 1:18

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet,

they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

KJV

I believe God wants us to reason with Him in all things 'that which we are made able to!'

That is what they teach you in the millitary. God says don't rely on your own understanding, but in all your way acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths; and to obey is better than sacrefice.

I do think God wants us to dialogue and ask Him for answers. Yes, we must follow, but with our minds as well as hearts.

I do think God wants us to dialogue and ask Him for answers. Yes, we must follow, but with our minds as well as hearts.

:thumbsup:

Children

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

Love

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. Psalms 27:5

To

And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Psalms 27:6

Talk

Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. Psalms 27:7

To

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Psalms 27:8

Daddy

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Beloved, Have You Poured Your Heart Out To Abba Father Lately?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

:thumbsup:

Children

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

Love

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. Psalms 27:5

To

And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Psalms 27:6

Talk

Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. Psalms 27:7

To

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Psalms 27:8

Daddy

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Beloved, Have You Poured Your Heart Out To Abba Father Lately?

Reading this post made me so happy! How beautiful is His Word, and how lovely is He! :wub: