• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Worthy Family!

I am deeply saddened this evening by the news that a dear friend no longer wishes to participate as a member of our community,our family,here at Worthy...why?Well,my dear friend is hurt partly by not receiving points from other members,of course that is a very small part of it but it made a big impression with me.......now,please...consider this from anothers point of view,okay?

This person had many issues concerning very bad behavior displayed by Christians,that I don't see anything I could do about that except pray for them...but perhaps we could do something about the little things?

Hopefully ,when we reply,we pray & are lead with wisdom & understanding by the power of the Holy Spirit and not of our own unreliable hearts & minds....our intent should always be to encourage one another & help one another and let the result give glory to God....we are not here seeking mans approval.We try our best not to take it personally when others opinions differ from our own but not everyone is alike & some people do take things very personally.

I have not started this topic so that anyone should criticize people that take what others say personally or to criticize them about being offended by getting "points''or not getting them.My purpose is to just make others aware of these things that may not even know what the little number in the bottom right hand corner of our posts may be.......that is a little "vote" to say that you liked their post......I like seeing that others liked what I have posted but I am not here to receive votes or points ,I wish to serve the Lord & it does not matter to me if I don't get any votes...but I do click on when I like what I have read.My friend was not here for points either but its funny how the same people do get votes & the same people dont...perhaps new members are unaware of it entirely?

Perhaps some of you will consider this when reading what others have posted,maybe your vote may be just the little vote of confidence that person needed....I tried to tell my friend to reconsider but my friend has concluded that most here are very "clickish":and they feel very attacked by most responses..I do hope we can all learn to be very considerate of one another in the future,realizing that a harsh word can do alot of damage

I would also like to ask all of you to say a special prayer for this member of our family that they will come back to the fold to feel loved and appreciated

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I wondered what that Reputation box was all about.  I still don't know how it works.  I can see here that it evidently runs deep on some minds.  Good or bad I can't say, but I am too new in here to have observed any clicks.  Now that it has been mentioned I will keep my eyes open.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I'm sorry about your friend.  It really shouldn't be about points, but it is a good thing to encourage one another that we are in agreement together. 

On the harsh words, I think that it's generally a bad testimony, but maybe there have been instances when I myself have sounded harsh and not realised?  Hope not.

Unfortunately, I have seen quite a few repeat offenders without mercy; I sometimes wonder if they care that they're pushing people away, like I've seen it happen and have indeed experienced for myself. 

But you can't paint everyone over with the same brush, we are each individuals, none perfect (though we are being changed from glory to glory) and we are called to love.  You shall know them by their fruits, yes; but by this they shall know that we are Christ's disciples, in that we love one another.  So, whether people allow us to or not, let's just do it.

Blessings,

Z

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sister Zion!

What beautiful words you have spoken,& yes-lets just love them all,in spite of themselves(lol)I just came off a thread where I almost just logged off...Ah,Sis-I had to pray-you just ponder some thoughts & every sentence is picked apart(for what reason?)We know they know they have read the Bible & know the Scriptures,and so do we....

Oh dear,1xs1is1...please do not mistake a little venting for anything more than just that....Worthy is a Blessing from God and 95% of the people here are Spirit filled ,loving,wonderful,children of God....I could not love them more!Some people just take everything personally like I  think my friend does(though my friend disagrees)s what we all must do is exactly what Zion said & just love one another,pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit,encourage one another & pray for one another...We are truly Bothers & Sisters in Christ....Glory to God!

When you liked what you have read you see that little green box with the arrow & click on it...it will show a number next to it,thats how many people voted positive!And it should not be about that but it does show positive reactions......that what that is-lol

With love ,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Its sad that one the reason would leave the forum over the "point issue" because thats not  the reason we participate here. On most forums there is some sort of "scoring" what others post and there is always those who are offended in one way or another. I've never liked this because of the hurt it causes to some, and for that reason would like to see it gone..the "like" button which some forums use seems kinder as no score is kept.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The purpose of “like” and “dislike” rating buttons is to give users an alternative way to say they agree or disagree with the content in a post, rather than spend time typing out a response. Saves time that way. It was never intended to be used as a status symbol. If every person on this site agreed on every post and issue, it would be very boring. Even folks who have been married more than 20 yrs do not agree on every issue with their spouse. Your friend needs to realize that what goes on here, happens on every message board. Whether the site has reputations points enabled or not enabled. It is just the nature of message boards and being human.

The “reputation” point button down in the lower right hand side of every post does has no baring on the color of screen names. Purple or gray colored screen names indicate that the person is part of the ministry here. (moderators and prayer team) Two of the three shades of red, indicate whether a member is a non-believer or a seeker. The rest just indicate the number of posts we have.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It is petty.Is this site a popuarity contest?

Its sad that one the reason would leave the forum over the "point issue" because thats not  the reason we participate here. On most forums there is some sort of "scoring" what others post and there is always those who are offended in one way or another. I've never liked this because of the hurt it causes to some, and for that reason would like to see it gone..the "like" button which some forums use seems kinder as no score is kept.

I don't care for it either. There used to be a red button next to the green one for dislikes. What a mess that was. 

These reputation buttons worked for a time until someone took it upon themselves to go around and give everyone a point regardless of what was posted. From that point on they became worthless. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I do wonder how many people use them om a regular basis.