IGNORED

666 The beast in the Light I see by.

bfloydo

Maybe we ought to just Keep God as # 1 in our life, even if our flesh may suffer hardships??

Regardless of what hardships one may suffer, God needs to be our number one priority. If He's not, you're just spinning your wheels. 

Maybe we ought to just Keep God as # 1 in our life, even if our flesh may suffer hardships??

Regardless of what hardships one may suffer, God needs to be our number one priority. If He's not, you're just spinning your wheels. 

Amen !

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

You are complicating the beast.And he is probably very glad that you are.

LOL--- the beast I am referring to is the self-important person, without God... I never named the beast but suggested we all must overcome our own foolish flesh....that seems simple to me...but, mabye complicated to some....sorry

Your point about overcoming the flesh is fine, but there is still a real anti-Christ, and he is a real person.  Had you not brought the anti-Christ from Revelation into a subject of overcoming the flesh, I think most of us would have understood you.  I read what you wrote, and couldn't figure out what numbers being converted to letters had to do with a battle of the flesh.  One thing I want to know is are you trying to claim there is no real anti-Christ to come?  Are you saying the only anti-Christ is within?  There is a difference between the anti-Christ and an anti-Christ spirit.  We can have an anti-Christ spirit, but not be the anti-Christ spoken of in Revelation.  Could you explain better why the connection and if you believe in the tribulation period to come and a literal anti-Christ?

I believe in many anti-Christ's. They existed even in the apostles times. If there is one anti-Christ(I say if because God can do what he wills, as in the time of Jonah & Nineveh, if the world repents .. God can change things, as he has done in the past). Repentance is spoken about many, many times in Revelation.... starting with the churches then individuals who do not Repent during great tribulation. If there is One who leads the world astray, then it is because Man allowed himself to be deceived by flesh. As the story of Job, a time to test the Faith and Love of many, and Hopefully bring many to repentance. God has given us the authority to believe what, where, why, when, and how we believe. On judgment day we each will give account of how we spent all that God has given us(materially & spiritually), he will not only know how we spent all but, also know our motives(pure or impure).

As far as anti-Christ spirit vs. one flesh anti-Christ that lets the world lead itself astray.... the question may become, is the leader more guilty than the followers? If I followed Hitler's orders to kill many Jews even though my heart and soul knew this was a grievous sin, would I not be better before God if I stood firm and did what my soul knew best, even though it would mean I would be put to death? Does not Revelation say, " Then I heard a voice from heaven say, " Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." ? Rev.14:13

The real battle is always within! Our heart, mind, and soul are reflected in our outward words, actions, and motives.... the accuser, being our own conscience, the goal to clean it up before self and God. We know not when our time on earth is going to end(as it is with end times we do not know but, we can prepare).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

You need to start over with the real truth.  First, the Hebrew alphabet has only 22 letters, not 26, and with the 5 finals, they are 27.  Second, God is the English word, not a Hebrew word.  We are not the beast, who is clearly started in Revelation 13, which is not you nor I, unless you have given yourself over to Satan. 

hebrewlettersandvalues.gif

In case you want both Hebrew and Greek, you can find it here.

I this was just playing around and suggesting we ought focus on overcoming our own flesh desires that keep us in sin...  BTW it depends on which Hebrew Alphabet one uses the Aramaic or older Phoenician .... I don't think God complicates things... And who said God cant speak all Languages or that if Revelation is for a future time, is was not meant for a future alphabet and language?? if one wants complicated, figure out US politics.... talk about endless babble-on....sigh

I am glad to hear you are not taking what you said serious.  It would of been better to start off saying what you really mean instead of this rabbit trail.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

You are complicating the beast.And he is probably very glad that you are.

Spot on sister.  You said it in one sentence. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings bfloydo,

God bless you & I can understand just putting your thoughts & ponderings out there(perhaps it would have been better to say that first...but it didn't turn out that way-lol)   We should indeed be prepared and that is why we study Gods Word and strive to have an intimate relationship with our Lord and I think you are much better off focusing on your life and what you are doing with it ,not so much your death........once your dead you have already made all your choices,focus on living,living in Christ

Brother,I don't like to infringe on anyones opinions unless they are in contrast with the Word of God,the Word of God tells us that the"accuser" is the enemy,satan....not our own conscience.........the enemy will accuse you in both your own mind as well as to God,so he is a very real entity,not a notion-this is why we put on the full armor of God that we may withstand the fiery darts of the enemy

With love,in christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I want to share the beast as I see it... it probably differs from yours. For now, I will only share some pieces, and seek your opinions.

Rev 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: his number is 666."

1.) I nor does any have wisdom, God alone is the source of all Truth or Wisdom... man simply a dispenser.

2.) The Hebrew alphabet has numerical values, so let us assign a simple value to ours.. A=1, B=2, C=3......> Z=26

3.) " A house divided cannot stand " -- Jesus

4.) A man alone without God is singular, a man often refers to himself as "I" .. as in I will do such and such, often forgetting... God willing I will do

5.) There can be no greater beast than a Beast that seeks to deceive or force man away from God his creator.

6.) When I was a child, I feared the boggie-man  and the many monsters that prowled around in the darkness, when I turned the light on I felt safe.

7.) God alone knows the end, just as he knew our beginning..... in our end(no matter if in revelation times or not) we will be before God(where we started). If I have fears, perhaps I just need God to shed a little more Light to calm my nerves.

8.) A man with God is not singular, he is we for God abides in his home(flesh) .

* Einstein wrote " There is no greater enemy of Truth, than unthinking respect for authority. " --- God gave each of us the absolute authority to seek Truth, we choose who, what, where, when, why and how to believe as we do.

A.)Using our alphabet, see if God adds up. G(7th)+O(15th)+D(4th) = 26 hmm, same as the number of letters in our alphabet, cant spell anything God did not create.

B.) man alone without God is singular and I(9th), a man who alone has chosen to deny God( a beast )

C.) 666 is the number of the beast given in the bible.... for now lets just try to agree this is one that denies God, trying to elevate self to God's seat and steer or force others away from God.

Let us divide the beasts home, and make it fall....666(the number of the beast) divided by 9( a man alone without God , or I) = 74. The beasts house fallen equals the foundation of the home that stands.... If Jesus is added up using this system J(10th)+E(5th)+S(19th)+U(21st)+S(19th), it equals 74.

In all cases that I know of in the Bible, the flesh(or man)that is tested by Satan, can be like unto a refining fire to destroying impurities and render worthy materials to build on the base that God has laid for us. Jesus was tested in the desert(alone) by desires of flesh, and by submitting to God's will even to his death on the cross. He must have told these stories to others, for our benefit... for he alone knew what he prayed and what took place.

The only beast I see to overcome, is my own foolish self and the desires of my flesh. If, God willing I can overcome them... then with certainty will I have overcome the world around me. God can change or do anything he wishes, it been almost 2,000 years and the worlds end has not yet come. Perhaps I should focus on the end of my own flesh(my death) and what I have built.

As far as I can see this scripture comes to mind:

Matthew 12:36 (NLT)

36 And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

Blessings bfloydo,

God bless you & I can understand just putting your thoughts & ponderings out there(perhaps it would have been better to say that first...but it didn't turn out that way-lol)   We should indeed be prepared and that is why we study Gods Word and strive to have an intimate relationship with our Lord and I think you are much better off focusing on your life and what you are doing with it ,not so much your death........once your dead you have already made all your choices,focus on living,living in Christ

Brother,I don't like to infringe on anyones opinions unless they are in contrast with the Word of God,the Word of God tells us that the"accuser" is the enemy,satan....not our own conscience.........the enemy will accuse you in both your own mind as well as to God,so he is a very real entity,not a notion-this is why we put on the full armor of God that we may withstand the fiery darts of the enemy

With love,in christ-Kwik

Blessings, you are not infringing just stating your perception as I did... but I did a poor job, hopefully the following will better clarify my perception.

I have never said Satan was not real, nor could I deny I have a conscience. Perhaps these words of the Bible(all NIV) might better clarify my thoughts....  Acts 24:16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear  before God and man.    God said " Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, so I have kept you from sinning against me Genesis 20:6    " I speak the truth in Christ- I am not lying, my conscience confirms it thru the Holy Spirit " -- Paul . One of the greatest battles against Satan was Job who said " I will maintain my innocence and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live" Job 27:6   I would suggest a big part of the full armor is a clean conscience before God, and that the greatest weapon against Satan(the accuser) is truthful repentance and receiving forgiveness before God. If one keeps the inside clean(with God's forgiveness), then the only influence Satan can have is punishing or tempting the flesh(the outside) to try and test our faith(if God allows). In my view, the greatest victories over Satan where those who did not fall to internal temptation, and died rather than give in to doing anything that would defile their Conscience..... including the prophets, martyrs, and of course Christ himself. 

In summary; Jesus said " For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned " Do you see Satan here ?? He was talking about Satan before he said these words. Jesus also said to Peter " Get behind me Satan "  Hmm, contending with God's will perhaps,,, I would think he repented and was forgiven?  I doubt " The Devil made me do it" will have much bearing on judgment day but, to repent in all honesty to the Lord for forgiveness of sins and a clear conscience before God --- is the greatest weapon I know of to destroy Satan from within...keeping the house clean and not divided.

May the Lord be with us in all our trials, whether they be internal or external.  "B"

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Or...

It could be far more simpler than all that.

The Bible warns us not to add to or take away from scripture in all three major divisions of the Bible.

The Law

Deuteronomy 4:2 (NASB95)
2 “You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

The Prophets

Revelation 22:18-19 (NASB95)
18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

The Writings

Proverbs 30:5-6 (NASB95)
5 Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
6 Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Dr. Chuck Missler teaches that the book of Revelation is a good book to begin with in learning the Bible because all the puzzling imagery and symbolism and numbers are defined elsewhere in the Bible. 

Taking all these into consideration...

666 appears only 4 times in the entire Bible.

The one we are most familiar with:

Revelation 13:18 (NASB95)
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

This is also a prophetic sign post with more hints / clues in it than appears on the surface (once you realize what you are looking at).

But first, let's take a look at the other verses.

Ezra 2:13 (NASB95)
13 the sons of Adonikam, 666;

For those who would take this as a genealogical sign (to trace the lineage of the beast through this line) there is a second census that took place where there was an addition to the clan in the biblical record:

Nehemiah 7:18 (NASB95)
18 the sons of Adonikam, 667;

It is doubtful at best that this is the genealogical line of the beast (who will be / is Jewish, btw).

So what can we glean from Ezra 2:13?

The name Adonikam   (in Hebrew: adonai qum meaning "risen lord") is on the one hand a prophetic reference to the risen LORD our Savior Jesus Christ. But as we know the devil is a copy cat and mimics God so as to appear to be God to confuse and confound as many as possible. That, and the word "lord" is not exclusively applied to God even in the Bible (see 1 Peter 3:6 for example). It can mean simply one who is in power... So "risen lord" can be a prophetic reference to:

Revelation 13:3 (NASB95)
3 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast;

I have heard superstitious preachers who do not believe anyone but God can do miracles claim this was just a faked resurrection. But there is nothing in scripture that says God alone can do miracles. See Deuteronomy 13:1-5 speaks of the signs (miracles) coming to pass. So we should not be fooled by the presence of miracles but rather be discerning of who the miracles point to and what they affirm and the only way to do that is with scripture (1 Thessalonians 5:21, 1 John 4:1, Acts 17:11, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 16:13, 2 Peter 1:20-21)

This resurrection will convince everyone who is not filled with the Holy Spirit (Matthew 24:24) that he is who and what he says he is (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). Jesus even warned the Jewish people:

John 5:43 (NASB95)
43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

The word "if" is the word "ean" in Greek which would be better translated "though."

John 5:43
43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; THOUGH another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

This is why Jesus did not go around making pronouncements about being God incarnate. He came in his Father's name not his own. But the beast will be tooting his own horn (as we used to say) in 2 Thessalonians, Daniel, Revelation claiming to be God above all gods.

The other two verses are:

1 Kings 10:14 (NASB95)
14 Now the weight of gold which came in to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:13 (NASB95)
13 Now the weight of gold which came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

As with many entries Kings and Chronicles often repeat each other... but this is a unique sign (post) in Revelation 13:18 and for 2 of the only 4 uses of 666 in the Bible it must be intended for us to take notice of.

Solomon, a man who God loved (Jedidiah) and who was so humble in the beginning as to ask only for wisdom to lead the people was given that wisdom and all that he did not ask for because he so pleased God... did not have the Holy Spirit indwelling him (which no man did until after the cross of Christ). Solomon did not take his own advice to heart and married foreign women (some for peace treaties, but most for his lusts) and he built temples to their gods in the Holy Land. Needless to say the end of his life was not like the early part. God was even willing to split the kingdom from Solomon... except that God honored Solomon's father David by not splitting it until Solomon's son took the throne.

More as time allows.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

To the OP

I subscribed to the preterist view that the number of the beast is a reference to Nero Cesar(Neron Kaisar) coming from the Hebrew and Greek numeric system.    (To some degree the literal man, but also that person as a type of a future leader).