9 "Schlepping Through a Winter Wonderland"

8 "Havah Nagilah- The Mega Mix"

7 "Bubbie Got Run Over By a Reindeer"

6 "Enough With Thoses Jingle Bells, Already!"

5 "Matzo Man" by the Lower East Side Village People

4 "I Have a Little Dreidel (The Barking Dogs Version)"

3 "Come On, Baby, Light My Menorah"

2 "Deck the Halls with Balls of Challah"

and the #1 Hanukkah song that never quite caught on...

1 "Silent Night? I Should Be So Lucky!"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:emot-questioned:

Only you, Yod - only you!

:24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Those were great Yod :wub: ...I sent them straight away to a friend in Haifa who has written to Jonathan Pollard these last 19 years so I dare say he will get a copy.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Yod, you owe me a new computer. I just spit iced tea all over this one.

"Matzo Man" by the Lower East Side Village People
:wub:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Shiloh,

Jewishheart, I enjoy this post...Do you observe Channukah and are you Messianic...I don't believe in Talmud, Christianity or Judaism...The Bible and Apocrypha is the base for my belief and values.

I'm always glad to hear from you anytime.

Also, if you follow the truth according to scripture, then I take it that, you don't celebrate Christian holidays which are not in the Bible?

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yasha,

Sorry for the late reply. My computer has been down for some time now and I just got it back.

To answer your question...

I am a messianic believer in Israel. Culturally, I do celebrate Hannukah. However, I also recognize that the miracle of the oil never happened. I will now tell my children the story of the oil, but as a legend and not as truth. A fun story if you will. The victory of the Macabees, however, I will teach as truth. I am very charismatic and long to be a conduit of the power of God, so the fact that I don't believe in the miracle of Hannukah is not because I doubt signs and wonders. I've seen many miracles, signs, and wonders in my lifetime. I just love truth and hate exageration. For instance, I love carpet-time ( soaking in the presence of G-d)... but I will not exagerate and fake it because of a hyped up service. If the presence of G-d is not there, don't fake it, pray harder. Be real !

Also, in your search for truth... be balanced and understanding. I do not celebrate Christmas, for instance. I know its roots. I love the feasts. However, I do recognize the cultural significance and the fact it leads people to Yeshua many times. I do not condemn or try to change somebody who does. Nor do I look down at them as less. I even celebrate Christmas if a true believer invites me over, out of respect for cultural difference. Much of messianic Judaism is important because it is a cultural calling the L-rd gave the children of Israel. As messianics, we see the significance of our Torah lifestyle and cultural implications thereof. We see that in it all, we will one day be " a light to the nations." However, the Gentile church or the genuine gentile believer who has an intimate relationship with the G-d of Israel through the Messiah of Israel should not be judged for their cultural norm. Christmas trees are pagan for instance, however, I doubt I will see a christian today using a christmas tree like a pagan did... or worshipping the tree. So there is always grace if their heart is right.

In the end of it all, we are the "One New Man", Jew and Gentile, in Messiah Yeshua. We each have our own culture (Messianic Torah-culture or Gentile christian culture), but are loved and love the Messiah of Israel. I was radical for the feasts only as well until I did a study of indigeneous culture missions around the world.