IGNORED

Christian children playing Tour of Duty ?

YeshuasPrincess

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/01/1964

please note this is just a question i am asking and this is something my sister in law is going through with her 18 Year old son freah out of High school

this is a Christian boy , and she is having a hard time keeping him from playing Tour of Duty a very bloody and graphic game that is in No Way glorifying to God , i have tried to explain to him this is not What we are to be entertaining ourselves with , blood , guts , gore , death . Fyi this was the very game that 21 year old man played right before he loaded up his gun and shot dead the Children and teachers in Sandy hook . Please if your a teen or a young adult that plays this game , please refrain from replying to this question , i want help from Adult Christians that can help me with helping my family , I dont want replies on how we should compromise with such graphic and evil virtual games for children or teens .   Robert is my Nephews name he needs prayers for intervention hes driving his mom about mad  they all are Christian and shes finding him up all night with head gear and speaker and playing this awful violent game till 6 am in the morning !   God Bless , and please be kind in the replys this is a spiritual battle and its tearing this family apart

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

He is 18 years old there for he is an adult. Games do not make anyone kill people. (I haven't killed anyone I don't even own a gun) Rather or not a Christian should play this game is a personal thing between God and them. Sure I would say that children should not play this game because  of its adult rating. But 18 makes him an adult and he has to make his own

choice. 

Make him get a job.

This is just my opinion, but I would speak to your nephew and explain to him what his game playing is doing to his mother. If he continues to play regardless of his mothers feelings', I would tell your sister-in-law that there's nothing wrong in banning that game in her home. Her house, her rules.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Well, he is an adult, and free to make his own choices at 18, like LadyKay said.

And Man is also right, your sisters house, her rules...if she doesn't want that in her home then ban it.  If he doesn't like it he may think of moving elsewhere though and she will have no control whatsoever if he does that...in any part of his life.

Not an easy thing to have to deal with, but none of today's issues are :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Violent video games do not cause shootings. That's a myth. I've been playing violent video games since high school such as call of duty, battlefront and many others. I also have multiple firearms in my home and never been tempted to go on a rampage.

Is it healthy to be playing that much? Prolly not. But he is an adult. If he's still at home then the parents have the right to shut off his internet. If he has his own place then there's not much they can do. As far as you, if you think its affecting his walk with God, then there's not much you can do other then voice your opinion in a loving way and pray for him. You don't want to nag them or make a scene of it, it will just create negative feelings toward you.