AndrewOSpencer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This question dovetails off my earlier post.  If God closes a door, we need to move on and continuing seeking his will for us.  However, we know that Satan wants to distract us and muddy our efforts at serving Him.  

In an effort to serve others and honor Jesus, I want to go abroad on medical missionary trips.   I have the time and resources.  However, I attempted to do this about 2 years ago and ultimately quit trying because I felt as thought God was closing the door for that at this point in my life.  ( I had just added a newborn to my family of 2 boys, began coaching little league and joined a local church) 

Recently I felt the call again to attempt a medical missionary trip, but I don't want to be pushing my will over God's.  Yet, I don't want to give up because the devil puts a few roadblocks up.  

Have you ever struggled with this question?  I love to hear your input.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

Why not fulfill your desire to help those who are less fortunate right here in the United States? The streets are overflowing with opportunities to lend a helping hand. Inner city clinics that cater to the homeless and uninsured could probably benefit from your medical expertise. 

One doesn't have to travel to far off distant lands to find someone in distress and in need of assistance. 

Just a thought.

I agree with man, there maybe many other options that would help fill the need you feel.  Remember, Satan does not have complete authority...he has to get God's approval to test us(as in Job).... Maybe its God looking for a little patience before he opens the door for you...his timing is perfect. I wont say what you should or should not do, except to pray and continue to seek God's will and understanding... even though it may not always align with our own desires.

Sounds like you have many blessing with your family, maybe he wants the focus there for a time.... I consider Mom & Dad to be the most important job in the world!

Blessings "B"

....Recently I felt the call again to attempt a medical missionary trip, but I don't want to be pushing my will over God's.  Yet, I don't want to give up because the devil puts a few roadblocks up.... I love to hear your input.  

:thumbsup:

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Send Us A Postcard

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Right now there are groups of doctors forming to go to the Philippeans for medical rescue. That might be a short term project. See if God opens the doors for disaster relief now. If not, the time might not be right again.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks for the help folks.  Fine answers by all. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

When I ask a question of God, usually in a decision I am making, I have found that He seldom, if ever, gives me a clear cut direct answer . He mostly works on that part of my heart that prompted the question in the first place, and once that is worked out, once He has worked on my heart, the answer becomes clear to me, and there is no doubt.

I have come to trust this, and now know that if it feels right it is. If there is any lingering doubt, or follow on "what ifs", my heart is not ready for the answer or the challenge ahead.

But we are all different, That's just how He deals with my questions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you, Andrew,

I haven't read your other posts yet...but I will...in the meantime, the saying goes that God works in mysterious ways...and just at the exact moment that He begins the desire in me to do something for Him, or be healed, solving a problem, whatever it is...He will also bring me His Word or a Word from somewhere-another words it's enlightened to me-and I know it's from Him...Could be from a local pastor...a pastor on TV-sometimes...a Christian Radio Program...He uses all different means to bring me His Word...so the desire begins and then He starts bringing The Way...we all know that it is and will be in His Time...and there is really no real big hurry about it all because if He wants it done...He provides everything needed for it...That's been my experience...of course I've been sometimes the hands to gather up what was needed...but He provided...and so we prepare 1st...sometimes we are in preparation 1 day or 3 years or maybe longer...What the most important thing is to know: is knowing when He pushes the "Go" button!!! Hahaha....I've lived it before...Ok...It's time...Go Now!!! But am I still in preparation mode? Did I get too comfortable? Sometimes I do...then He has to pry me loose!!! Hahaha

It has also been my experience that something that I knew I was to do...but didn't know how...He has taught me little by little...literally...The Lord by prayer-has taught me-and I've literally waited on Him for the next step...And I will know, when, and you will too, if you continue Trusting and Depending and Waiting and Getting Just as Close as you Possibly Can To Him...I'm in Awe...Still In Awe...Of An Awesome God...Who Loves us!!! My my

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him...

His Word is True...Much love and prayer...There is lots to be done...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Read another post...Praying That the Door Will Open!!! In Jesus' Name...Much love, NeedHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Andrew,

Welcome to Worthy & God bless you & your growing family...I couldn't agree more with "man",it is true there are so many needs to be met right here in our own back yard & your family would not have to be moved or transplanted at this time....you can only keep seeking Gods Will and whenever He does have a specific call for one it is always met with confirmation by 2 or 3,He leaves no doubt when He decides you are ready.....I do understand what it is like when the desires of our heart may seem like a call from God because it is either missionary or ministry work but it may or may not be what He has for us,sometimes we would do well to keep in mind we have very unreliable hearts & minds,but we have the Holy Spirit to guide & direct us....so just pray His Will be done & ask for the heart & mind of Christ....there will be no confusion when God lets you know.glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

....Recently I felt the call again to attempt a medical missionary trip, but I don't want to be pushing my will over God's.  Yet, I don't want to give up because the devil puts a few roadblocks up.... I love to hear your input.  

:thumbsup:

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Send Us A Postcard

:thumbsup: Amen