• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Part of the solution may be forthcoming. There is a well known correlation between industrialization and economic development and reduced birth rates. This may be China's and perhaps India's best hope coupled with education and progressive planning.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

That would depend on the part of the globe you live on.  Population growth is a sensitive issue.  It is not certain what will suffice.  The one child policy in China has been a mixed bag and is under pressure now.

It has been repealed; they found out that having a population that is overwhelmingly male (if they can have only one child they will abort females until they conceive a male) is not a good thing....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

i read last week that only people who can have two children are those that were only children....  that would keep the population stable

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Part of the solution may be forthcoming. There is a well known correlation between industrialization and economic development and reduced birth rates. This may be China's and perhaps India's best hope coupled with education and progressive planning.

The problem with that trend being, of course, that there aren't enough resources to go around for every country to become a First World nation. . .at least with our present economy.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

and our population does need to be culled to a sustainable level that is environmentally responsible.

And thus we have an example of the spirit behind the belief that humans are disposable.

The world might dictate that humans are disposable and I am sure that is what many unbelievers think which is sad.God loves everyone.We are not disposable to Him.He wants a relationship with each and everyone who He created.

How would you know that the non believers say that human life can be wasted? I'm sure that they would be saddened by this too.

Consider how our society regards human beings - 

Are individual people considered precious, or are they considered commodities?

Are individual people considered as valuable, or are they considered as conveniences vs. non-conveniences?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

That would depend on the part of the globe you live on.  Population growth is a sensitive issue.  It is not certain what will suffice.  The one child policy in China has been a mixed bag and is under pressure now.

I wholly agree. It is clear that there is not going to be an easy solution, I don't know what the solution is, but if we don't figure something out mother nature will and it won't be pretty. 

And in that spirit I sincerely applaud China for getting their hands dirty and trying something, although their culture regarding gender roles made the one child policy doomed from the start IMHO. The best I've come up with is general overarching motifs that statistically reduce the number of children born, such as getting women more educated and in professional careers, reducing the wealth inequality gap, and improved family planning. In the end I doubt that will be enough, but we got to start somewhere. 

Militant environmentalists blame humans for destroying the planet. They believe that the World is overpopulated and they would like to see a human cull. Fanatical Muslims kill themselves in order to kill others and they believe that an infidels life has no value. Pro-abortionists believe that unborn humans are just clumps of cells. Pro-Euthanasia people believe that the elderly and the disabled have valueless lives.

The list goes on and on.......

I don't consider myself a militant environmentalist, yet I blame humans for destroying the planet, I think our population is out of control which has further environmental impacts, and our population does need to be culled to a sustainable level that is environmentally responsible. 

And just who should be culled and how? Who has the right to play 'god' over who should be culled? Do you consider yourself to be part of the group that should be culled or is that 'special privilege' just for others?

If I remember correctly, Hitler was also in favour of culling certain groups of people.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

The world might dictate that humans are disposable and I am sure that is what many unbelievers think which is sad.God loves everyone.We are not disposable to Him.He wants a relationship with each and everyone who He created.

How would you know that the non believers say that human life can be wasted? I'm sure that they would be saddened by this too.

Consider how our society regards human beings - 

Are individual people considered precious, or are they considered commodities?

Are individual people considered as valuable, or are they considered as conveniences vs. non-conveniences?

Our society is made up mostly of believers by a very wide margin.  

and our population does need to be culled to a sustainable level that is environmentally responsible.

And thus we have an example of the spirit behind the belief that humans are disposable.

It has nothing to do with humans being disposable, it is about looking at reality and realizing that environments can sustain only so many organisms (population ecology 101), and all indications tell us we are way above sustainable levels. If we do nothing we are looking at global famine, sky-high food and water prices, and potentially very bloody wars over commodities like clean drinking water. To say nothing of human induced climate change, which is a total mess on its own, and will also exacerbate the problems of overpopulation. 

Either we figure out how to sustain our species in an environmentally responsible way, or nature will ruthlessly do it for us. 

I have to disagree. First of all, the problem is more a matter of us humans being poor stewards of this earth God gave us to live on and take care of than it is overpopulation.

As a small example, we could greatly improve our waters by merely establishing riparian boarders around every river, stream, and creek. 

Secondly, the position you have presented paints human beings more as a disease to this earth, a problem to be eliminated, rather than as precious lives with value.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's interesting that the number of people dying from obesity related illness is greater than the number of people dying from starvation. So taking this to conclusion reducing the population so that more food is available to all people will likely increase the number of obese.

The problem seems to lie more with management than production. Of course we also ruin the Earth with poor farming practice, unsustainable harvesting, pollution etc.

Poor stewardship and self control.