evols84

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've asked Jesus to come in my heart and dwell but I still have a hard time believing I just don't know how to let go of my self and my pride.  I've been praying without ceasing, and seeking with all my heart.  I literaly got an aching in my heart and most days a whole in my gut.  Sometimes I wonder  if I really believe.  I know the devil is real and demons are real I'm just don't have the courage or strength to face mine.  I'm finally willing to read the Bible because I don't know what else to do.  I pray Jesus guides me and give me the strength and courage to do His will.

Satan loves to have new Christians doubt.  Then if they have doubts, he tries to convince them they are without Christ, not really a believer.  If you sincerely asked God to forgive you and to come into your heart and save you, then it happened.  As a babe in Christ it is now your responsibility to soak yourself in His Word, praying with faith, believing His Word.  Begin each day with bible reading, prayer.  That is not to say you will never have doubts.  Even the most seasoned Christian has doubts from time to time. 

The greatest lie from Satan to mankind is to say he does not exist.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I've been going to church all my life but it has taken these 26 years of my life for GOD to teach me the fruit of his spirit.

He has never really filled my heart with His love until now. Love is one of the fruits of his spirit.

Nothing comes overnight. Not when walking with GOD.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Just a word of (hopefully) encouragement here...

Many years ago when I bowed my knee at the foot of the cross (so to speak), I had the same struggle....

At the time I was a Senior NCO with one of the most "elite" units in the US Army...and my lifestyle up to that point had been ***ahem*** shall we say less than Godly?

I had a problem believing that God had truly forgiven me of all the nasty stuff I'd done...I didn't "feel" saved (whatever that is)...my brain told me that I had outsinned God's ability to forgive and I wondered if maybe I was an exception to the rule...

Then I ran across this scripture:

So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sightWe are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (emphasis mine).

The bible told me that I had been forgiven and washed clean (1 John 1:8-9), that I had been made into something new and that the old was gone (2 Corinthians 5:17), and that I had become a child of God (John 1:10-13)....and...I also ran across a question that I had to answer:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26 (emphasis mine).

Do you believe this?.....I had to make a choice by an act of will...either believe what the bible said to me in spite of what my "common sense" told me...belive that God was big enough to do what He said He was going to do regardless of my "feelings"....or not.

Do you believe this? Yes or No...simple as that....I chose "Yes"....and even though over the years I have had my struggles, they have only served to increase my faith.

I sure hope that helps you in some way...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

from 2003-2006,i was the seeker,and was born again in 2006,then i know what means believe in Jesus ,may be GOD has a plan for y,and y need time to know it