• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/28/1974

I kind of struggle with this issue too. I know that Jesus commands us to love all people, even our enemies, and that it says in the Bible, 'judge not least you be judged yourself. ' But I know it also says very explicitly, 'a man shall not lay with a man, nor a woman with a woman. ' So I don't understand how homosexuality can, at any level, be accepted by the church, and especially for example, how it's possible to have homosexual and lesbian priests and ministers when it seems eminently clear that God has explicitly forbidden homosexuality as being immoral under divine law. Doesn't the church require persons wanting to be members of the clergy and wear the holy cloth to uphold, be an example of, and live by all of God's commandments...?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I kind of struggle with this issue too. I know that Jesus commands us to love all people, even our enemies, and that it says in the Bible, 'judge not least you be judged yourself. ' But I know it also says very explicitly, 'a man shall not lay with a man, nor a woman with a woman. ' So I don't understand how homosexuality can, at any level, be accepted by the church, and especially for example, how it's possible to have homosexual and lesbian priests and ministers when it seems eminently clear that God has explicitly forbidden homosexuality as being immoral under divine law. Doesn't the church require persons wanting to be members of the clergy and wear the holy cloth to uphold, be an example of, and live by all of God's commandments...?

Here's a thought which I don't agree to but I'm tossing it out for discussion-maybe some people feel because we are all sinners then no matter who is the clergyman, he is a sinner. So accept his sin of homosexuality and don't judge him for this (hold it against him) just like you would accept a clergyman who probably has his sins more hidden, like cheating on his taxes or reading playboy.

Like I said, this is just me thinking out loud. There has to be some basis for churches accepting homosexual ministers.

It's only possible if one denies Christ.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I know several.Many are in the Anglican Church.They water down the Bible.They do not think it is wrong.They interpret the passages on homosexuality to satisfy themselves.

I know several.Many are in the Anglican Church.They water down the Bible.They do not think it is wrong.They interpret the passages on homosexuality to satisfy themselves.
Believe me I try hard to see and think of all human beings as my brothers and sisters in humanity, in God's family of children, but I have to agree that it seems like hypocrisy to believe and claim that one has accepted Christ as their savior and is 'saved' while still living as a homosexual, completely in contradiction to God's holy commandments. It seems to me you can say all day and night you've accepted Christ as your savior and you believe you are saved, but if you're still openly living a life of sin or immorality, you may just be fooling yourself.

To my question then. I was reading an article about a minister who was suspended by his church for marrying his gay son.

What in the world????? :noidea:

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

To my question then. I was reading an article about a minister who was suspended by his church for marrying his gay son.

What in the world????? :noidea:

He was not getting married “to” his son. He was officiating his son's wedding.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Believe me I try hard to see and think of all human beings as my brothers and sisters in humanity, in God's family of children, but I have to agree that it seems like hypocrisy to believe and claim that one has accepted Christ as their savior and is 'saved' while still living as a homosexual, completely in contradiction to God's holy commandments. It seems to me you can say all day and night you've accepted Christ as your savior and you believe you are saved, but if you're still openly living a life of sin or immorality, you may just be fooling yourself.

James 2:17-21

17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show

me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by

my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even

the demons believe — and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O

foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Again, I'm with you on this one.

Love the sinner, not the sin.

I had a situation that I probably let God down. My neighbor across the street are gay but both go to a Episcopal church. My wife and I never confronted them about their walk with God hoping the Holy Spirit would do that, and we accepted them for who they are. They subsequently moved.

Admittedly, we didn't want any confrontation with people we see everyday. We feared a relationship that could have been tense if they were angry for us " judging" them.

Were we wrong?

Probably, but it bet we would still do the same today. It's like my wife said, " is it our place to go around pointing out flaws in every believers life? For example, there are plenty of overweight believers walking around. Should we call them out for possible sin of gluttony?

Get the point being made?

Thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks

Spock out

Yeah I try hard to love all human beings as my brothers and sisters, do even though I believe homosexuals are living a life of sinful immortality, I wouldn't preach to them or confront them about it. To me in a way it's between them and God, plus, heaven knows I've certainly not lived a perfectly sin free life, most people have not. But it's my understanding from the way I was raised in my faith that the living church and it's congregation and and members are supposed to be the living body of Christ in the world. So it seems like a church may be forgetting that notion if they allow gay individuals to become members of the clergy. In my understanding of things, salvation and accepting Christ as your savior requires giving up sinful practices and lifestyles and living your life each and every day to God's holy commandments, so there's just no justification or legitimate rationalization for thinking one is saved or has a rightful place in the clergy if they are still living a life if homosexuality.