• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

God loves you. And will never leave nor forsake you. Just remember you are in His hands. No matter what. Praying for you all!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

We don't always understand why somethings are. The Bible says to trust in the Lord with all our hearts, lean not unto our own understanding, believe and have faith. I will keep you both in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss! We do have a prayer board, if you would like others to pray for you, you are welcomed to put a prayer request there. Your prayers are not in vain! I encourage you to add a prayer request. God bless you!

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have a similar experience as you did regarding prayer and I had a faith crisis when my prayer "failed." I would pray very hard day after day, studied the Bible so much, stayed active in church, loved the Lord sincerely, reached out to tlost, did everything out of my love for the Lord and things that made me a good Christian. Then one day I found my life completely shattered, being deserted by church and Christian friends, being stricken by severe illness, becoming totally unable to serve, incapable of doing anything, for people, for the Lord, even worse, not even for myself. I needed to receive help just to live and survive. 

I felt so sad for being useless, disillusioned to see so-called Christian people turning away from, my prayers went nowhere, and I felt like a total failure. I cried out to God, from my bed, having been incapacitated by the illness the Lord allowed to torment me.

Then, I heard the voice that spoke to my heart that said, "I do whatever I choose to do."

Then, I knew I had become so big in my head, with all the prayer meetings, all the Bible study and conferences and good works. I loved God but didn't know what He really is. I was so humbled I knew my heart was in the wrong place, i repented, then I felt so small, and God so big. 

When I am the one who is in control of the situation, I can only do things that I understand, and quickly I learn I cannot keep things under my control and then I get all these carnal human emotions. But if I know I can't keep things under my control because I am not God, but HE is the one who is in control, who can do things beyond my understanding, All-knowing Almighty God, who saved me and has a good plan for me, then whatever may happen, it is His good plan for me, then I have peace in the deepest part of my spirit although my carnal self outside may still be affected by earthly happenings.

We are not big enough to know what His plan is until it is accomplished, and what is truly good for us to experience in our life (according for His good plan for us), and how He works things out in our lives to make us more holy. I would be complacent if I thought I know His plan just by praying for many hours. It would not build my faith if I knew everything about His will and everything turn out right. And if God did everything we pray for, then he would be like a daddy who spoils his kids, and it is not how God is. Whenever we seem to have failed, or prayer unanswered, it is a moment to humble ourselves to surrender to Him and His works and know Him better. This is what walking with God is really like. A real Christian walk is not like a glorious and successful life like many churches teach. At times, to God, the most important thing for us to do is not to succeed in earthly terms but to know who He really is through our failures, sadness, losses, and sufferings. And one day at the Pearly Gates we will say, "It was good for me that things happened the way they did for I KNOW my God."

Our God who hear our prayers is merciful and abound in love, but If we keep praying to God in order to get what we want from Him, eventually He will teach us what He wants us to know, often times, through chastisement That is for our spiritual growth. He wants us to grow out of the infant stage when we get everything we want. I hope that we all will pray so that our mind will be prepared to receive what He gives to us and see what He wills in our lives. 

• 3 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148

On 11/21/2013 at 6:54 PM, anh356 said:

I feel like my prayers are in vain if God has a different will for my life. I just feel so discouraged and lost.  

The Lord once told me to only hope on the things that He has promised me so my hope and faith are not in vain, for it is true; He will not answer prayers contrary to His will. The only place to start with this is in intimate relationship with Jesus! God is my best friend, I literally walk with Him my entire waking day talking with Him about everything (and I do a LOT more listening than talking :D), He gives me the words to speak, He tells me the actions to take, He even led me to you just now! Now, this level of faith scares most people because it will often convict them deeply because it's almost unheard of to walk this way, but we must remember that the path is narrow and few find it and Jesus has made it clear that those who believe on Him according the scriptures will be the one to have rivers of living water will flow from their belly!

The scriptures say Jesus' sheep hear His voice, He knows them, and they follow Him (how exciting!)! The scriptures also say that whoever claims to live in God should live as Christ lived, and Jesus was so very adamant that He came not to fulfill a will of His own, but to allow the Father to say every word the Father wanted to say and do everything the Father showed Him to do! He did not speak words of His own or choose His own actions, even as God, so how much more must we rely on our Father in Heaven's will?

Living this way will also allow the Lord to establish your steps and if there is anything that needs to be done (physically, emotionally, spiritually) to allow you to conceive and keep the child, the Lord will guide you down that path so that happens. PLEASE UNDERSTAND I am not saying there is anything you have done; the enemy comes to kill, steal, and destory! Just that there is peace knowing that you are in the center of God's will by talking with God about everything and following in such detail! And when you encounter difficult circumstances (like these, like King David did) you can be confident you are encountering them in the will of God, and even if God didn't cause these circumstances, He can use them for good because you love Him AND are called according to HIS purpose for your life (so He can work it all for good)! 

I want to encourage you of the blessing it is for your baby to go straight t
o Heaven and skip this life, Job talks about this in when He says, in Job 3:16: Why was I not buried like a stillborn child, like a baby who never lives to see the light?  Wishing he was never born and went straight to Heaven with God. King David as well: 2 Samuel 12:20-24: 20 Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate. 21 His attendants asked him, “Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!” 22 He answered, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ 23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” 24 Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and made love to her. She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The Lord loved him;

I hope this encourages you! If you need guidance on learning the Lord's voice with confidence, please don't hesitate to let me know, I can surely assist you (you and anyone who reads this post!) May the peace of the Lord overflow in your life, and may the Lord fully restore the joy of your salvation, in Jesus' mighty name! Amen! Much love, in Christ, Daniel

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

My dear Sister,

I raised 9 children, but along the way, there were 2 miscarriages. While we never knew why they happened exactly, we did find some clues with baby #9. Our last child, Ariel, had an ultrasound and the doctor recommended aborting it because of 3 blood supplies the baby only had 1 good one.  We were shocked and afraid, but we agreed and chose faith over man's report. Ariel was born at 9 lbs , 1 oz and healthy. It was the grace of God. But based upon her physical diagnosis, the two miscarriages were probably similar deficiencies or worse. My choice is to believe that God took them to spare them and us much pain and agony if they had been born deformed or deficient in some way. I can only hope that God took yours to avoid a hard and painful life for both of you.

Since then, I have studied the root of problems and all of our problems boil down to some spiritual root. In other words, in the case of pregnancy, too much family stress can affect the baby in utero. After all, babies can hear and their little minds and souls do not have experience, so when they hear Mom and Dad fighting or under severe financial stress, they may decide for themselves that they do not want to enter the world. Sometimes, there are generational sins or generational curses active. For instance, if several other family members such as mom, grandmom, or even aunts have had miscarriages, then miscarriages can be said to "run in the family". There are ways to pray and break the curses. So I would investigate these "inner" problems prior to your next pregnancy.

What I DO know for certain, is that if we present ourselves before God and allow His Holy Spirit to work on us, He will guide us into all truth. That may be taking vitamins during pregnancy; it may be doing some counseling to make sure our spirits are in shape for the baby; it may be some light exercise. Whatever the Holy Spirit speaks, is what we should do. Maybe, the Holy Spirit just wants you to daily trust in God.

I grieve with you at the loss of your precious little one. I pray the Holy Spirit will come to you as Comforter and give you peace beyond measure. And I also pray that God will open your womb and give you sons and daughters that will be mighty in the earth. Blessings, sister.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Daniel,I do hope anh is reading,shes not been here in 4 years......perhaps someone who needs to hear Gods Word is reading & also to No124get1952,Glory to God!! 

I agree with you completely ,people often say "runs in the family".....those chains will bind a family from generation to generation until someone comes to Jesus and breaks the chains of bondage.....FREE INDEED......Praise Jesus!