How do you pray?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Just know that God works in mysterious ways and his will is what should be done.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/19/1965

I can tell you after all my years, God, Jesus his Angels and Spirits do hear your prayers, but  you ask yourself why I have my prayers NOT been answered.  This is how it worked out for me, for YEARS I prayed, talked to God, wondered why I had lost so many growing up, to the point of not believing..  I found that when you LEAST expect it, when you think you are at the end of the rope, don't lose hope, I was shown this Life is nothing more that a Lifelong Exam, a lifetime of challenges and triumphs, it's your faith that will in the end pay out, but when it does be ready. 

Like a good friend of mine's brother was diagnosed with cancer a few months back, and I remember my friend being so angry that his brother's body was failing, I pointed my friend to God, and I did my best to help him, I told him to pray and ask God to ease his pain, instead he prayed for him Brother to stay..  That night as I was praying for both of my Friends David and Steven, David my Close Friend and Stephen was the older Brother who was dying. 

That night I must have prayed for hours, and what I prayed for was for Stephen to be able to come back, and tell David that everything was going to be fine, and not to worry, for I could see that Stephen was already on the threshold of crossing over, surrounded by Angels and the Holy Spirit, I remember how vivid the vision was, somehow I knew from California, all the way to Idaho, that Steve would come and say goodbye, and let David know that indeed they were coming for him "tears all over my keyboard as I type this"  ....

The next morning I awoke, and had a voicemail from David, I called him back and he screamed, STEVE is AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!   He was telling me all about how they were already here, I said who?  He said Steve said they had come to him and that he was ready..  But David seeing how his Brother seemed to be getting better, but I knew in my heart that this would be the last day David would have with Steve... For in my Vision I had seen this already.

I told David to kiss his Brother and to Love him with all his heart, and then I asked David to PLEASE let him go, for there were greater things in store for Steve, David lashed out at me, and I tried to explain to David, that God has plans for us all, and to ask for him to keep his brother here was not the correct thing to do, but let his brother go in the name of our Lord..  David was angry and hung up the phone, the next morning I awoke and had a missed call from David, I knew what it was, I knew Steven had passed as Steve had visited me that night in my dreams thanking me for all I had done "like I deserved any thinks at all"..    I didn't bother to listen to the voicemail, I just called David to try to help him, David picked up the phone and told me Steve passed last night, and I said yes I know :(  but what shocked me was that then Dave told me that he had changed from praying for his brother to live, but instead prayed for his salvation, that night in the hospital room my friend David swears he witnessed an Angel appear, and said even his Brother point upward before he passed and said its time for me to go as they are here now.......

Not only is David a changed man now, but so am I...  Your prayers ARE heard, it's how they get answered that's always amazing/ puzzling..  I find that the more you seek, the more you will find..

God Bless..

Daniel.

Daniel this testimony has so touched my heart... God bless you brother in Lord!!

• Content Count:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1963

I am sorry about how you feel about your request not been answered but you need to know that you are not the only one in that situation. We only need Faith and that comes with patient because God is like our earthy father(when we need toys we will keep reminding him everyday and every time until he does it. That is my opinion.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  34

Maybe God had already answered your prayers. It is just that you are not aware of it.

God always answered prayers, but His answers may not always be the same outcome as what we may desire.

Don't give up talking to God. Don't be discouraged when things don't go your way.

One day, all our doubts about God will disappear. Until that happens, keep on praying.

Guest FWantang

It is true that Jesus assured us that we can ask for anything in his name. The truth is that God is not compelled to grant us everything we ask for in prayer. If through Jesus Christ, God gives you everything you asked for, your prayers will eventually become your worst nightmare because most of our prayers are completely out of line with God's plan for our lives. God will only answer prayers that are compatible with His future plans for you. When your prayers seem unanswered, it is God's way of saying: Not now, not this one, or I have something better that am planning to give you.

• Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/29/1962

How do I pray? I always try to start out with humblness. Note, I said try. Like all sinners I fail, so take that in mind when I explain how I pray. The next thing is I always ask that my prayers be in his will. I am not God, I can not know exactly what is best for me, only he knows. I remember a few years ago that was a hard thing to do. It was scary submitting to something that I thought I might not want. 

I have learned though that I can expect the unexpected from God. Sometimes his answers are quick, though I have found that a rare occurrence for me personally. Of course, sometimes his answers are slow. He is developing in me a gigantic pause button, to see and test my faith in him. 

I will say I have had a unique experience just lately this past Sun. I had a direct question about an issue, and God answered in Sunday School in verbatim the answer to my question that I originally thought was biblicaly sound. Yes, I am still in awe of God. It took my breath, and it made me realize again the pure power of God.

I stand amazed.

Tina2

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  11

When I pray, I try to remember to voice that it is God's will.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mommynwifeforlife

I don't believe there's a right or wrong way to pray. As long as you pray from your heart and not your mind.

I agree with this poster. My husband and I bought a book for our son. It is called my first prayers. It says in this book, in children terms, God listen's no matter how you pray. Just because you don't see God's answer right now doesn't mean he won't. He could be waiting for the correct time to answer. And maybe you are not ready for the answer He is giving. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Prayer is not something you start and then after a couple minutes you stop. It is something you start and never stop doing. We are to pray always with all manner of prayer at all times.

Prayer is fellowshipping with God the Father through the Holy Spirit. Having your heart and mind set on him 24/7 will guarantee you to have great success in your prayer life.

It is very rude to speak to someone when they are not paying attention to you. When you have your heart tuned to him 24/7, he will speak to you, not to your head, but heart.

Tell the Lord I said Howdy!