Sign in to follow this  
AFlameOfFire

This smells awesome

Not sure if this should be posted here or not, but its a recipe (well sorta) just not one you eat.

I love the smell of ultra downy infusions (the sage, jasmine) so I decided to make an air freshner of it lol

I did have a small 6 ounce spray bottle where I poured about 3/4 of an inch of this ultra downy infusions stuff into and filled the rest of it up with water and made a great smelling air and fabric spray.

Hey, I keep spraying the house, I really love this one!

This should be bottled and sold that way, because I would have bought it.

But Im glad they don't because its far cheaper to buy the bottle of ultra downy infusions, and make your own (over and over again) just adding that small amount into a spray bottle and filling the rest of it up with water.

Goodbye freebreeze! (lol)

Hope it does not stain anything ... just saying!

Its just water and fabric softner right? So how could it if you put it in the washing machine anyway right?

I just spray it into the air not directly on stuff but you know, Im going to take a white shirt of my husbands and spray directly on there and then wash it and see if it stains it.

Granted though, just a tee shirt, we don't wear dry cleaner type stuff round here lol

the real test is does it smell nice for days? or evaporates within hours? jasmine and sage does smell nice.

Even freebreeze doesnt last for days laughinsmilie.gif

What chu want for a few cents here? smilie_girl_093.gif

I just love her LOL

Mine never lasts anyway because we have a built in duct air purifier along with a tower air purifier, these both having carbon filters which pretty much removes good smells as well as bad, so they sorta nuetralize things.

So whether it lasts for days (naturally) or not (regardless) I'll be stuck spraying every time I want a wiff of jasmine and sage LOL

I do have essential oils and some reeds I have yet to try, I didnt know what combo to use, but I dont have those two oils (of all the ones not to have).

I didnt know I'd like that combo.

I was just in the mood for some good smells, I should disconnect the air filters for awhile LOL

Its just water and fabric softner right? So how could it if you put it in the washing machine anyway right?

I just spray it into the air not directly on stuff but you know, Im going to take a white shirt of my husbands and spray directly on there and then wash it and see if it stains it.

Granted though, just a tee shirt, we don't wear dry cleaner type stuff round here lol

Do you really think you should be breathing it in?   The washing machine is a fairly closed environment.    I would not be spraying it in the air like that.

Edited by thereselittleflower

Do you really think you should be breathing it in?   The washing machine is a fairly closed environment.    I would not be spraying it in the air like that.

We are a little late into the conversation seeing its almost three years later

You may not want to do something like that, thats fine that you do not, I didn't have a problem with it at the time, and I still don't really.

I have since moved on to essential oils,  and the misuse of those can bad for you too

But if you ever feel you shouldn't do something like that then you shouldn't do it.

People resurrect old threads and all I see is the conversation is current.  lol

I use essential oils too.   One should look at the ingredients and see if there are harmful chemicals.  Essential oils do not contain other harmful chemicals and when used correctly are of great benefit.  

Edited by thereselittleflower

Millions of people love the great fragrance of essential oils , and just like you made your own from a laundry product, you can also get very concentrated essential oils at many health food stores and directions for use --

((some products are getting harder and more expensive to get quality and pure condition due to 'profit' seeking corporations;   what was once perfect 20 years ago might be not even the same today or tomorrow))

the strong concentration may make it a lot less expensive to use daily, because it can last so long - use just a little bit at a time it is so strong and dilute according to the directions or dilute even more when less works just as well for  the room.    The same places that have the oils often have the glass bottles ((inexpensive)) and the distilled water ((also inexpensive)) or other "CARRIERS" that are used to dilute the oils.  Be careful - don't touch some of the oils full strength or it can hurt - learn about them before getting them.

I just took up making candles and homemade soaps and I will say I do prefer the more fragrant in these but they really don't seem worth it to add them in as diluted as they are given the lack of effect per cost. 

I had never got into the whole essential oil thing and will be fine with these adding a "little something" here or there or just using them to take the edge off of any vinegary smell  in a homemade cleaning solution or something similar.

They are a nice option if they were pure and a little did more.

After I use up my oils I think I will go fragrance free.

I will be careful too thanks.

People resurrect old threads and all I see is the conversation is current.  lol

I use essential oils too.   One should look at the ingredients and see if there are harmful chemicals.  Essential oils do not contain other harmful chemicals and when used correctly are of great benefit.  

Jeff is "the king" of resurrecting old threads I know that (right Jeff?) :D

Yeah, they are sort of pricey and I am just okay with them really.

I think I actually prefer the chemically manufactured smells to be truthful with you, especially the lavender blossom in the purex crystals. I just really love that smell. I would buy a gallon of that frangrance and mix it into 100 pounds of espom salts and use it to bathe in for the rest of my life (if I could).

Everything is supposedly toxic these days, even the water, and we drink our well water straight from the well without any kind of purification between it and us and have been doing that for 13 years... But I think thats more about harmful bacteria stuffs versus the chemical toxicity stuffs but sometimes those things travel between one another. 

Sign in to follow this