• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

my counselor says in order to heal from this and my ED, that means i should have godly repentance, not worldly

maybe i am a horrible person for saying this but is it possible to have both? am i supposed to not have pain over hurting myself too?

am i just......bad?

We are called to be Godly people not worldly people. Why would you want to repent to a fallen world? So my answer is, no, it is not possible to have both, nor should we want rependence from the world. Scripture says "lay up your treasures in heaven". Things of this world, because it is a fallen world is and can be corrupted. One example, if you try to hide money, the money can be eaten by moths or as coins sometimes do the begin to decinagrate (they will turn to green and if they are not cleaned and seperated will become worthless). When we lay up our treasures in heaven they are safe with our Lord and Saviour Jesus forever and ever. Laying up our treasures in heaven leads us to eternal life with Jesus.

I have know people who hurt themselves, they feel that they deserve the pain or that they should be inflicting pain upon themselves to make them feel better and some do it as a stress relief. But if instead of hurting yourself you should go to Jesus in prayer, there is more comfort and peace by far. No one ever goes to the Lord in prayer and worship and comes out feeling worse then when they went to Him. Infact, just the oppostite occurs, when we go to the Lord in prayer and worship we always feel better.  Try this....when you feel like hurting yourself, instead go to the Lord in prayer and sit down and read the Bible ask him to take away the temptation. Then continue to read unto the temptation passes. God will not tempt us beyond what we are able to withstand. God promises us that when we are tempted and we go to him in prayer that he will give us strength to overcome the temptation. Some responses from God are not immediate, however, when we are tempted and we go to the Lord in prayer we get an immediate response. I am not saying that counseling is not good, it does help especially when you employ a Christian counselor.

As far as being a bad person for doing it....you are not a bad person, you are just not in the will of God. God will heals the broken hearted and comforts those in need, however, you must give Him a chance. Start Bible study, staying in the word of God gives us power to overcome. God wants us to live in his word and focus on Him, in return he gives us the joy, peace, hope, and prosperity. Without God we blow around all over the place, with God we are anchored to the word. Try reading the word everyday, you can start out with 10 or 15 minutes a day then gradually increase the amount of time over a peroid of time. You will be amazed and awestruck at the difference in your life that God will make. The character of God is love, the character of satan is destruction and deception. I will make an intercessory prayer for you. God bless you!! Here is some scripture to look up if you do not have a bible there is a free one at biblegateway.com.

2 Cornithians 4:7, Matthew 6:21, Isaiah 7:12, John 3:16-17,1 John 5:4, James 4:7, Ezekiel 14:6,Mark 1:15, John 15:10-12  I pray that this has been some help to you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Here is some scripture to look up, I pray it will help you!! If you don't have a Bible you can go to biblegateway.com it is free.

2 Cornithians 4:7, Matthew 6:21, Isaiah 7-12, John 3:16-17, John 5:4, James 4:7, Ezekiel 14:6, Mark 1:15 and John 15:10-12

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/22/1973

Hi, I'm new. Lately I've been wanting to injure myself. Its something I have done and have struggled with in the past

T. All I know is I feel awful and I want to exchange that emotional pain for a little physical. Not sure what to expect from this post. Sorry

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Hi, I'm new. Lately I've been wanting to injure myself. Its something I have done and have struggled with in the past

T. All I know is I feel awful and I want to exchange that emotional pain for a little physical. Not sure what to expect from this post. Sorry

Praying!

Thanks, Cloe. I appreciate that. I'm actually surprised someone saw that in that obscure thread. Your friend, midnight

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Praying. 

Welcome to Worthy. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17

my counselor says in order to heal from this and my ED, that means i should have godly repentance, not worldly

maybe i am a horrible person for saying this but is it possible to have both? am i supposed to not have pain over hurting myself too?

am i just......bad?

i dont who you are but i know how you feel, emtionally :emot-fail: . I thought until about 5 weeks ago, that God Hated my guts. but now i feel different :hmmm:  i'm getting baptized this sunday, and before that, the 5 weeks ago, iwas saved.  :biggrinflip: God shown his light upon me. now i feel wonderful :halo: now i'll get to preaching :biggrin2: . why do you cut your self? or can you not tell me i wont mind do or dont. but if its over something stupid like a guy, girl get over it. i'm sorry but thats nothing to cut yourself over. CAN I GET AN AMEN!!! any way but in all seriousness, God will forgive you of your sins. no matter what it is!!! :biggrin2:  Jesus asked peter do you love me 3 times. he didnt ask peter do i love you? think about it? if God didn't love us why would he forgive us? He forgave peter for denying 3 times. why wouldn't He forgive you? but... that devious but, you should ask for forgiveness on earth too. now by saying that you should also give forgiveness. well i hope this helps you. I hope you find the right path to follow, you the one to God. so i'll be praying for you!!! :halo:

Thanks for your insight, Pearl. I am glad for you, it is nice to hear you are so positive and happy. I don't know why I want to hurt myself except that I think its a method to help me cope. My anguish is not over a woman. Thanks very much for your caring response.

Oops, it seems that I responded to someone else's response. Sorry for my confusion

Praise God!  He hears!  He sees!  He loves!  He answers us when we call, amen.  He does not only love, He is love!

1 John 4:16  God is love.  He loves you so very much.  You just have to know that and believe it, because it is true.  

The adversary the devil is exactly opposite of God.  He has come to "steal, kill and destroy", so the Bible says.  Your adversary satan is behind all of these attacks.  He wants nothing but your destruction, so he works night and day to harm you.

But, fear not!  For God loves you!  He is not going to stand by and not help you! The first step is that you are here at Worthy and you are among members of God's family who love you and will be praying for you.  There is POWER in prayer!  You may not know that yet, but you will soon see that there is magnificent power in prayer.  

The devil knows this and he urges us not to pray.  The devil knows about the power of prayer and when we pray in the name of Jesus, satan trembles in fear.  He knows his fate is already sealed and victory was won at Calvary.  Praise God!

In your time of trouble, call upon the Name of the Lord.  He will hear you. amen

Gratefully His,

PrairWarur

Psalm 18:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried to my God for help;
He heard my voice out of His temple,
And my cry for help before Him came into His ears.

Psalm 145:18

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.