• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Galatians 6:13-16 (NASB95)
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

It's okay. The same old pride and prejudice excuses come to light when people (both Jew and Gentile) refuse to see the truth here.

Things would go along more swiftly in history if it were different.

But who am I to try to shoulder God's burdens?

IAM+THE+VINE.jpg

I AM the Vine

Ye are the Branches

The Olive Tree (Romans 11:16-26)

which we are grafted into

Church+Israel.jpg

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

There's

Why are the nations so angry?

Why do they waste their time with futile plans?

The kings of the earth prepare for battle;

the rulers plot together

against the Lord

and against his anointed one.

“Let us break their chains,” they cry,

“and free ourselves from slavery to God.” Psalms 2:1-5 (NIT)

Something Special

But the one who rules in heaven laughs.

The Lord scoffs at them.

Then in anger he rebukes them,

terrifying them with his fierce fury.

For the Lord declares, “I have placed my chosen king on the throne

in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain.” Psalms 2:4-6 (NLT)

About Zion

The king proclaims the Lord’s decree:

“The Lord said to me, ‘You are my son.

Today I have become your Father.

Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance,

the whole earth as your possession.

You will break them with an iron rod

and smash them like clay pots.’” Psalms 2:7-9 (NLT)

And Jesus

Now then, you kings, act wisely!

Be warned, you rulers of the earth!

Serve the Lord with reverent fear,

and rejoice with trembling.

Submit to God’s royal son, or he will become angry,

and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—

for his anger flares up in an instant.

But what joy for all who take refuge in him! Psalms 2:10-12 (NLT)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

Galatians 6:13-16 (NASB95)

13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.

14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

?

In verse 16, Paul is blessing the Gentiles who do not fall for the people preaching circumcision, and the Paul is blessing Jews, who have accepted Jesus and do not require Gentiles to be circumcized. The Israel of God are Jews who believe on Jesus. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

The Israel of God are Jews who believe on Jesus.

AS WELL AS Gentiles who believe on Jesus.  Believing Israel is depicted in Romans 11:24 as "the good olive tree" into which the "wild" branches of believing Gentiles have been grafted.  Hence Gentiles are admonished not to be highminded.

At the same time, God has not abandoned His promises to Abraham, therefore at the Second Coming of Christ ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED (Rom 11:26).  Therefore Christians -- the Church (Jew and Gentile in one Body) -- must understand that God has an eternal plan for the Church and also and eteral plan for redeemed and restored Israel

This is something which a lot of Christians cannot comprehend, because they do not believe the OT prophecies regarding Israel in the Land of Promise for eternity under Christ.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

As to the title of this thread, it should really say "Jesus is the King of the Jews/Israel IN ABSENTIA".  It is only at His Second Coming "with power and great glory" that the Jews will mourn for rejecting their King-Messiah, repent and be converted, be saved and be restored as the kingdom of Israel under prince David and King Yeshua.

While the Church is called "the Israel of God" metaphorically, Christ will restore the literal kingdom of Israel.  Hence this question which was not answered immediately but postponed so that the Church would come into existence (Acts 1:6,7): When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The Israel of God are Jews who believe on Jesus.

AS WELL AS Gentiles who believe on Jesus.  Believing Israel is depicted in Romans 11:24 as "the good olive tree" into which the "wild" branches of believing Gentiles have been grafted.  Hence Gentiles are admonished not to be highminded.

At the same time, God has not abandoned His promises to Abraham, therefore at the Second Coming of Christ ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED (Rom 11:26).  Therefore Christians -- the Church (Jew and Gentile in one Body) -- must understand that God has an eternal plan for the Church and also and eteral plan for redeemed and restored Israel

This is something which a lot of Christians cannot comprehend, because they do not believe the OT prophecies regarding Israel in the Land of Promise for eternity under Christ.

There ought to be twelve houses, each having a discrete religious disposition, like theologies which are mutually beneficial and cooperative. I think it's a process like what is described in chapter 3 of Malachi, and for many Christians there is a difficult choice to make because it's not about Jews and Gentiles since the house of Judah is but one of twelve houses. A lot of Christians find out the hard way that laws against mixing fabrics improperly have a greater spiritual meaning to be fulfilled. I think the Jews are faced with the same dilemma but different circumstances, which is basically that all of the Jews fit into the house of Israel but not all the house of Israel fits into the house of Judah. I think that for Christians the issue is about coming to terms with the idea that Israel has both a heavenly and a mundane expression, and what the Jews regard as the written Torah and the oral Torah, the Christians regard as the Law and the Gospel, those have to be reconciled with the main priority set to love God and to love thy neighbor. For some reason that is obscured from people, and I think it's because so often the writings of the apostle Paul are cherry-picked to give the impression that the Old Testament has been abolished by the New Testament, and good luck trying to convince them that just isn't the case. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

Jesus is reigning over the Kings of the earth.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Jesus is reigning over the Kings of the earth.

~

Seriously Beloved, Jesus WILL Reign

Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps, and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, Revelation 14:1-4 (ESV)

From The Throne Of David

And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.Luke 1:30-33 (ESV)

In Jerusalem Town

Behold, a day is coming for the Lord, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. Revelation 14:1-4 (ESV)

And Any Who Would Stop Him

“‘See now that I, even I, am he,

and there is no god beside me;

I kill and I make alive;

I wound and I heal;

and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

For I lift up my hand to heaven

and swear, As I live forever, Deuteronomy 32:39-40 (ESV)

Are Just Unwise

if I sharpen my flashing sword

and my hand takes hold on judgment,

I will take vengeance on my adversaries

and will repay those who hate me.

I will make my arrows drunk with blood,

and my sword shall devour flesh—

with the blood of the slain and the captives,

from the long-haired heads of the enemy.’ Deuteronomy 32:41-42 (ESV)

You See

“Rejoice with him, O heavens;

bow down to him, all gods,

for he avenges the blood of his children

and takes vengeance on his adversaries.

He repays those who hate him

and cleanses his people’s land.” Deuteronomy 32:43 (ESV)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

My dear brother Joe, was the Apostle John then wrong when he said   Jesus is reigning over the kings of the earth now?

Rev 1:5      and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washedfn us from our sins in His own blood,

Edited by thereselittleflower