• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear John3;16,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Thank you for your response.

I would like to communicate clearly here with you so that you can understand where I am.

I believe you are suffering from an identity crisis, you are a son of the King and your walking around in a defeated life

You may believe anything you like. That does not make it true. I do not suffer from any identity crisis. I know very well who I am. I am no son of any king. I can trace my ancestry to poor fishermen. I certainly do not walk around in a defeated life. My life is very good, and has been victorious to date. From an objective perspective, my life has been great.

Another revealing fact is that you have read through the bible several times, someone who is not a Christian would not do this, he would have no interest in the things of the Lord, much less His Word, and the last clue, you converse with Christians on W.B. if you were not a Christian you would not post here

Yes, I have read the bible many times in several versions. I also read other holy books, the quran and philosophies such as Taoism, Buddhism, etc. I do this because I am a student of life. Comparative religious studies is one of my interests. I know of many non-christians reading the bible. Lastly, I converse with many different people on several different boards. Worthy boards is predominantly christian, however, other boards have people of other beliefs. I post on several boards, without having to belong to the predominant belief of the board. I do ask the moderators if an unbeliever was welcome to post, and the usual answer was affirmative. Do not think that I wish to become a christian just because I post on a christian board.

This reminds me of

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Undecided frog

Yes, I have read the bible many times in several versions. I also read other holy books, the quran and philosophies such as Taoism, Buddhism, etc.

I do this because I am a student of life. Comparative religious studies is one of my interests. I know of many non-christians reading the bible

So do you accept all writings of quran, Buddhism, ect, on the same level as the bible?, it would be impossible to combine teachings from all these, when they are vastly different, and contradictory. You say you do this because you are a student of life, aren

Dear John3;16,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Thank you for your response. You ask more questions, which I shall try to answer:

So do you accept all writings of quran, Buddhism, ect, on the same level as the bible?

Yes and no.

Yes, I consider all writing of the Quran, Torah, Taoist text on a similar level, in that they all contain some truth, some exaggerations, some plain uninterpretable nonsense, and some dangerous ideas.

No, I do not consider any one in particular being completely correct. Hence, I cannot accept any of them on the level one would consider entirely true.

aren

Undecided Frog

Yes, I consider all writing of the Quran, Torah, Taoist text on a similar level, in that they all contain some truth, some exaggerations, some plain uninterpretable nonsense, and some dangerous ideas.

It is true that people have misused the word of God and religion, to deceive, mislead, murder, persecute, it was prophesied in scripture that many false Christ would arise, and in the last days one who is referred to as the man of sin, the anti-christ would rise and deceive if it were possible even the very elect, there have been some 50 million Christians who have been martyred for there faith, and this continues even today around the world, mostly by those who use the quran to justify thier persecutions and murders of the unbelievers, the Roman Catholic church is also guilty of such atrocities in her history. You shall know them by there fruit,

No, I do not consider any one in particular being completely correct. Hence, I cannot accept any of them on the level one would consider entirely true.

The bible is one third prophesy, and over a thousand prophesies have been shown to have been fulfilled, how about the prophesy of the coming of Messiah by Daniel, as prophesied, 490 years later Jesus entered Jerusalem. No other book is even a shadow of the bible.

aren

Dear John3;16,

You shall know them by there fruit

Yes, I shall know them by how they behave. The problem is that when they behave poorly, their belief disavows them as not being true followers. Go figure.

do you not believe in a creator?

Do you mean a deity? No, I do not believe in any deities.

there were many reasons these were not included

I'm sure there are many reasons. My point was that if the bible has changed over time, it certainly wasn't perfect in its original version.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Undiced Frog

It takes less faith to believe in a deity, than one who can create, but have no control over creation, here are a few questions that you need to consider

If you believe in a creator, then did he create the earth? Or the universe? Was he not aware of disease, or the effects of our surroundings, microbes, environment, ect, all things that cause degeneration, if he generated it, was he unable to give it sustainable life? How would he have been generated? Or did he always exist? The laws of the universe state that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, how can matter exist then, if it is not created? How can energy exist without some force?

You recognize the order that exist in this universe, and the design of life, or you would not have concluded the existence of a creator, the universe declares his works, whether through a microscope, a telescope, or any one of our senses.

there were many reasons these were not included

I'm sure there are many reasons. My point was that if the bible has changed over time, it certainly wasn't perfect in its original version.

The bible has not changed, the 66 books that were excepted by the early church, and those who were in position of authority over the church, excepted this as inspired, men such as Jerome, Augustine, Polycarp,(who was a disciple of the Apostle John ) Justin Martyr, ect, many manuscripts of these men remain and attest to there acceptance of the these volumes as the word of God. The cannon or list only included these (66) books only until the fifteenth century when the Roman Catholic church accepted the others, just as the Mormon church has accepted other writings as the word of God, both are in error.

If you find the time Josh Mcdowell's book "The New Evidence That demand a Verdict" does just that, I believe proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the bible we have today was accepted by the early Church.

Dear John3;16,

Thank you for your puzzling response.

It takes less faith to believe in a deity, than one who can create, but have no control over creation, here are a few questions that you need to consider

I do not understand how you can think that it takes any "faith" to be an atheist. I do not understand how you can think that it takes MORE "faith" to be an atheist than a christian. "Faith" is the will to believe without evidence. Atheists do not believe in any god/s. Atheists have no faith in gods. So, you will understand my puzzlement by your claim that atheists must have more faith than christians.

I do not believe in a creator or even a group of creators. When you provide the things in our world, I cannot make the same conclusion as you do, and say, "Yep, I don't know how this came to be, so god(s) musta done it." There are many things humans do not know at the present time. There were many things that humans did not know in the past that they previously attributed to god(s).

Thanks for sharing.

UndecidedFrog

Undecided Frog

do you not believe in a creator?

I apoligize, I read something into your responce that was not apparantly there, when you emphasized deity, I assumed you were allowing for a type of creator, and acknowledging Intellingent design. and thus I believed that you were more agnostic than atheists, guess thats what happens when you assume.

The reason you do not believe in God is the one thing required to believe in God, and that one thing is faith, it always takes a degree of faith, and even though the Lord walked upon this earth and fulfilled many prophesies, and performed many miracles, he was neither the less, rejected, and killed as prophesied.

Romans|10:17 So then faith

Dear John3;16,

The reason you do not believe in God is the one thing required to believe in God, and that one thing is faith, it always takes a degree of faith

Yes John, I agree with this statement. I do not have faith. It seems irrational to me to be required to believe in something without evidence before believing in that same something in earnest. It sounds so circular to me, and reminds me of the process of how many people are caught up in various cultish beliefs.

Forgive me, but I guess I do not have that degree of faith.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Wow, what happened to the thread about JW doctrine?

I want to address the original question about what the JW's believe and yet keep it brief.

1. Jehovah God is not a Trinity

2. The doctrine of the Trinity is inspired by Satan

3. Jesus Christ is a created being, who at one time did not exist (a.k.a.Michael the archangel)

4. The Holy Spirit is not a person but is "God's active force" i.e. gravity, electricity etc.

5. Heaven is only for select Jehovah's Witnesses

6. Heaven is limited only to 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses

7. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true Christians

8. There is no eternal torment (Hell is just the grave)

9. There is no life after death (except for the 144,000)

10. Salvation is by good works not by Grace

11. You cannot be sure of salvation

12. Jesus is not to be worshiped or prayed to

13. Jesus did not rise from the dead bodily but as a spirit being

14. The second coming occurred in 1914 (only known to Jehovah's Witnesses)

15. The "first resurrection" occurred in 1918

16. All pastors are the "Antichrist"

17. All churches are of Satan

18. All governments are controlled by Satan

19. You cannot take a blood transfusion

20. You cannot support your country

21. You cannot salute the flag, stand for the national anthem, or own a flag

22. You cannot serve in the military

23. You cannot buy Girl Scout cookies

24. You must attend five meetings per week

25. You must go from door to door weekly to gain converts

25. You are discouraged from attending college

26. You cannot marry a non-Jehovah's Witness

27. If one does not follow the rules of the Watchtower they will be shunned

28. You cannot join any clubs or sports teams

29. You cannot be a cheerleader

30. You cannot celebrate any holidays (Christmas, Easter, etc.)

31. You cannot celebrate your birthday

32. You cannot vote in any political campaign

33. You cannot hold public office

34. You cannot serve on a jury

35. You are discouraged from giving to charity (except Watchtower causes)

36. You cannot speak to former members who are shunned (disfellowshipped)

37. You cannot accept Christmas gifts

38. You must read and study Watchtower literature regularly

39. Only Jehovah's Witnesses can understand the Bible

40. Angels direct the Watchtower organization

41. Jesus did not die on a cross but an upright pole

42. You cannot own or wear a cross

43. You must report your witnessing activity to the elders

45. You cannot have friends who are not Jehovah's Witnesses

46. You must refer to all Jehovah's Witnesses as "brother" or "sister"

47. Only approved sexual practices are allowed in marriage

48. You cannot understand the Bible without Watchtower literature to explain it

49. A child abuser is reported to Watchtower elders and not the police

50. You must forgo vacations to attend annual conventions

51. You are discouraged from buying a two door car

52. Men must wear short hair

53. Men cannot wear beards

54. Women cannot pray in the presence of men without a hat

55. You cannot have a tattoo

56. You cannot use tobacco products

57. If you see another Jehovah's Witness breaking the rules you must turn them in to the elders

58. You must appear before a Judicial committee if you are caught breaking Watchtower rules (Secret files are kept on all members which record these meetings (they are never destroyed)

59. You must not own wind-chimes (they are for chasing away spirits)*

60. You cannot read any anti-Jehovah's Witness material

61. You cannot use pet foods made with blood

62. You cannot read Christian literature from a Christian book store

63. You cannot wear jade jewelry*

64. You cannot purchase Christian products (plaques, pictures etc.)

65. You cannot wear any Christian jewelry

66. Jehovah's Witness meeting places have no windows

67. You cannot play chess*

68. Jesus could have sinned and failed in his mission

69. Jesus was not born the savior but became the savior at his baptism

70. The Watchtower organization is God's prophet on earth today

71. Women must submit to Watchtower elders

79. God is not omniscient "all knowing"

80. God is not omnipresent

81. God only speaks through the "Governing Body" in Brooklyn, New York

82. The Holy Spirit is only for select Jehovah's Witnesses

83. The Lord's supper is only to be eaten by select Jehovah's Witnesses (144,000 group)

84. The Lord's supper can only be offered once per year

85. 99.99% of Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden from taking the Lord's supper

86. Only faithful Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon

87. If you have a non-Witness spouse your first loyalty is to the elders over your spouse

88. Jesus was equal to Adam (just a man)

89. Judgment day is 1000 years long

90. If you leave Jehovah's Witnesses or are expelled from the organization you will not be resurrected

91. Only Jehovah's Witness prayers are heard by God

92. Man's salvation is secondary in God's plan; Jesus was sent to "vindicate Jehovah's name"

93. God will destroy all non-Jehovah's Witnesses at Armageddon

94. Your hope is to live on a paradise earth forever

95. You must never enter a church building

96. You must never attend a church service

97. You cannot be involved in martial arts, boxing or wrestling

98. You cannot participate in a school play

99. You cannot donate blood or your organs when you die

100. You can never question what is printed in Watchtower literature

10l. You are forbidden to attend a funeral of an ex-Jehovah's Witness

There is more, but this should suffice for now. ........... uh, did I say "brief?"