Isaiah-smiles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I have been a long time prophesy student and just recently discovered something I had not heard about before during my 30 years of studying prophesy. It is a very interesting subject. I truly believe that there is (3) wars that Israel will face.

1st war; the Psalms 83 war will occur,

2nd war; the Ezekiel 38 war will occur,

and finally the Armageddon war will occur.

I'll skip the long video, because I already believe the same thing about the three future wars. Although, Armageddon won't really be much of a war. It will be over just as fast as it starts. This is the wrath of the Day of the Lord, when He returns to judge the nations, separating the goats from the sheep (Matt. 25:31-46, Joel 3:2, Rev.16:16).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1959

May I ask, sincerely, why has it taken you 30 years of study to come to this realization? No slight meant here at all.

No slight taken.  :mgcheerful: I guess I should have been a little more specific. I have been saved for 30 years, but although I had much interest in prophecy, there had been gaps in my study of prophecy w/ other interests that I had delved into such as; the study of comparative religions, Oneness theology, Calvinism, the occult, etc,.  But I always came back to the study of prophecy. Actually, I became interested in Biblical Prophecy before I was born again. Back in the 70's I had a faithful grandmother who constantly prayed for all her grandkid's Salvation. During this time (mid 70's) my grandmother purchased 9 books of the recent release of Hal Lindsey's book; "The Late Great Planet Earth" and she gave them to each of her kids to whom my mom was one. I read that book from cover to cover maybe 3-4 times just to let everything sink in. I was a teen fascinated w/ the end-times although I did not know the Lord at the time. I guess that was really the beginning of my interests in prophecy. I did know for most of the years about the Ezekiel 38 war (w/ Gog of Magog) and the Battle of Armageddon. BUT what I had never seen before was the Psalms 83 war which will take place before the other two aforementioned battles. And it makes absolute sense. I would encourage you to watch the video I put up. I think Bill Salus does a wonderful job of explaining in more vivid details for the up-coming battles/wars that Israel will face in the near future. I hope I answered your question. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

May I ask, sincerely, why has it taken you 30 years of study to come to this realization? No slight meant here at all.

No slight taken.  :mgcheerful: I guess I should have been a little more specific. I have been saved for 30 years, but although I had much interest in prophecy, there had been gaps in my study of prophecy w/ other interests that I had delved into such as; the study of comparative religions, Oneness theology, Calvinism, the occult, etc,.  But I always came back to the study of prophecy. Actually, I became interested in Biblical Prophecy before I was born again. Back in the 70's I had a faithful grandmother who constantly prayed for all her grandkid's Salvation. During this time (mid 70's) my grandmother purchased 9 books of the recent release of Hal Lindsey's book; "The Late Great Planet Earth" and she gave them to each of her kids to whom my mom was one. I read that book from cover to cover maybe 3-4 times just to let everything sink in. I was a teen fascinated w/ the end-times although I did not know the Lord at the time. I guess that was really the beginning of my interests in prophecy. I did know for most of the years about the Ezekiel 38 war (w/ Gog of Magog) and the Battle of Armageddon. BUT what I had never seen before was the Psalms 83 war which will take place before the other two aforementioned battles. And it makes absolute sense. I would encourage you to watch the video I put up. I think Bill Salus does a wonderful job of explaining in more vivid details for the up-coming battles/wars that Israel will face in the near future. I hope I answered your question. 

The video roughly fits in with what many of us here already believe, but it's always nice to see a different take on it.

I also believe in the sequence, although it is really Ezekiel 38 & 39 together. I think that it describes the use of tactical nuclear weapons.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1959

I also believe in the sequence, although it is really Ezekiel 38 & 39 together. I think that it describes the use of tactical nuclear weapons.

I think if you look into Ezek.38 and 39, you'll find different players/nations involved that is not involved w/ Psalms 83. Psalms 83 depicts the people that are actually touching Israel's borders today and afterwards the enemy is farther out that surrounds Israel (like Russia, Persia/Iran, Turkey, etc,.) and then finally the whole world is involved in the Battle of Armageddon. It's like a small circle around Israel and gets bigger after each phase.  :mgcheerful:

Oh, I agree that Ezekiel 38 and 39 are after the battle described in Psalm 83, as well as Isaiah 17. I was just pointing out that Ezekiel 39 is just the continuation of Ezekiel 38, for clarity.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

I believe psalm 83 war is a rather recent pick up by end time gurus. I don't recall seeing anyone writing about a war out of this psalm, probably because who would expect a psalm to prophesiize a war?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I believe the Ezekiel 38/39 war is Armageddon. They both have a great feast for birds, they both have a great earthquake, they both end a time of peace for Israel.

The Ezekiel war matches the Joel war, both are invasions from the northern army that result in the repentance of Israel.

Similarities between the battle of Ezekiel 38/39 and the battle of Armageddon/day of the Lord:

1) Both are described as a great feast for birds (Ezekiel 39/Rev 19)

2) Both involve a great earthquake (Ezekiel 38/Rev 16)

3) Both involve the nations of earth in fear (Ezekiel 38/Isaiah 2/Rev 6)

4) Both occur at the end of a time of safety for Israel (Ezekiel 38/39 , Rev 12)

5) Both involve an attack from the northern army (Joel 2, Ezekiel 38:15)

6) Both occur at the end of a period of unfaithfulness of Israel (Ezekiel 39:26 Joel 2:12,13

Edited by ARGOSY

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

I believe the Ezekiel 38/39 war is Armageddon. They both have a great feast for birds, they both have a great earthquake, they both end a time of peace for Israel. The Ezekiel war matches the Joel war, both are invasions from the northern army that result in the repentance of Israel.Similarities between the battle of Ezekiel 38/39 and the battle of Armageddon/day of the Lord:1) Both are described as a great feast for birds (Ezekiel 39/Rev 19)2) Both involve a great earthquake (Ezekiel 38/Rev 16)3) Both involve the nations of earth in fear (Ezekiel 38/Isaiah 2/Rev 6)4) Both occur at the end of a time of safety for Israel (Ezekiel 38/39 , Rev 12)5) Both involve an attack from the northern army (Joel 2, Ezekiel 38:15)6) Both occur at the end of a period of unfaithfulness of Israel (Ezekiel 39:26 Joel 2:12,13

Read this and tell me what you think

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/wordpress/the-gogmagog-war-of-ezekiel-and-armageddon-are-different-wars.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I believe the Ezekiel 38/39 war is Armageddon. They both have a great feast for birds, they both have a great earthquake, they both end a time of peace for Israel. The Ezekiel war matches the Joel war, both are invasions from the northern army that result in the repentance of Israel.Similarities between the battle of Ezekiel 38/39 and the battle of Armageddon/day of the Lord:1) Both are described as a great feast for birds (Ezekiel 39/Rev 19)2) Both involve a great earthquake (Ezekiel 38/Rev 16)3) Both involve the nations of earth in fear (Ezekiel 38/Isaiah 2/Rev 6)4) Both occur at the end of a time of safety for Israel (Ezekiel 38/39 , Rev 12)5) Both involve an attack from the northern army (Joel 2, Ezekiel 38:15)6) Both occur at the end of a period of unfaithfulness of Israel (Ezekiel 39:26 Joel 2:12,13

Read this and tell me what you think

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/wordpress/the-gogmagog-war-of-ezekiel-and-armageddon-are-different-wars.html

I like the fact that he uses the bible to make his points, but just because he has many points doesn't make it the best interpretation:

I will number my answers according to his numbering:

1) I see no contradiction there , there are many symbolic ways of describing the same war. God's hook indicates that God himself wants to send this army against evil Israel so they repent. This is confirmed in Ezekiel 39 when Israel only repents after their period of peace, indicating that the period of peace is a false ungodly peace.: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob[d] and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. 26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.

There is no reason that the hook would contradict the demon inspired attack. In fact he contradicts himself by claiming that this beast is a false Jewish leader (false Christ) and then also claiming that he is attacking Israel at Armageddon.

2) He emphasizes the flesh plague of Armageddon, forgetting that in Rev 19 the Armageddon army is also described as a feast for birds, in the same language as the Ezekiel feast for birds. So at the second coming there are definitely bodies lying around, the birds are feasting, when the feast is over there will be ravaged bodies that need burial after the second coming, just as described in Ezekiel.

3)Maybe I missed something, but the verse says the armies fall on the mountains of Israel, I can't see anything that refers to the Northern mountains of Israel. Joel describes this army as stretching from the Meditteranean to Jerusalem, they don't all fall in the mountains, the army is too huge for them to all die in one place. The army is destroyed when it reaches Jerusalem. When Ezekiel 39 refers to the mountains of Israel I personally picture the most famous mountains of Mount Zion and the Mout of Olives ie Jerusalem. The highlands of Jerusalem rather than a less famous mountain range.

4)After their period of peace, obviously when the army attacks, Jews will flee

5) I don;t see where the bible says western nations are not involved.

6) Yes Ezekiel 39 does not focus on individuals, it focusses on nations. This does not contradict Armageddon in any way, I find that a weak argument (hes scratching around for points)

8)Ezekiel does not exclude any nations, it describes some specific nations and says "and many more". His claim that specific nations are excluded from Ezekiel is incorrect.

9) He is just specualting according to his own model without verses to back it up

10) He describes two purposes for the "two" wars, not realising that the period of peace is a false peace as per the verse quoted above. Both purposes that he describes are fulfilled at Armageddon, how many times does he want Israel to repent? One at Joel war, one at Ezekiel war?

11)There is not one end-times prophecy that has all the detail. To exclude a prophecy for lack of completeness would exclude every prophecy in the bible about the second coming, that argument makes no sense.

12) This is his misunderstanding, he does not realise that Gog is attacking the antichrist, he assumes Gog is the antichrist. This is an unbiblical assumption, because Jesus indicates the antichrist is a false Messiah (Jewish leader), and so he wont be attacking Israel, he is unsuccesfully defending Israel when JEws rather turn to their true defender Jesus because their false leader fails them.