Waiting2BwithHim

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard that joke before as well, not bad.

I like the honesty of GlidingWings, not saying that people weren't being honest in their other responses, just saying I appreciate the honesty and its probably what a lot of people should do.  The economic struggles the country faces hinges on a problem of helping others which is great, when we cannot even balance our own budget as a government.  You cannot give money you do not have, so even the most charitable people can give all they have and lose their home, or they can have the good intent in their heart to want to, and give what they are able.  Jesus' parable of the one who gave all she had is more symbolic of a story than it is literal, as Jesus does not want you to be homeless, destitute, or your family starving and living on the streets.

As far as the response, I have no idea what I would do, especially with my current situation/circumstances in life, I just don't know.  I would probably spend a few days thinking about it, and not tell anyone in the meantime however much a struggle that would be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

i know without a doubt would help out a charity with a large donation, help out some family and friends, go shopping, and invest the rest, I honestly would be scared to have that much money, be attracting all kinds of problems.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I'd fund Worthy Ministries for a very long time......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Other one

Ok so you would fund Worthy.. I suppose that would include that you will be sending checks to each member here at Worthy. :royalty:

So how much should we be expecting to get? :emot-shakehead:  We need more kind friends like you. :hurrah::24:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/04/1986

I have thought about this a lot lately as the concept of the lottery has gotten to be so popular lately. I definitely think it's garners so much more interest since they raised the jackpot prize numbers in the past years.

I would like to see how long I could keep it a secret. I want to keep living a simple life that I am without the effects of money on how people see me, treat me, or other how interactions will be. I would definitely give a great portion to the cause of bringing others to Christ. Weather that be tithing at church, supporting missionairies, building churches, etc... I would want to space it out though. Not just lump sum it all to one place.

I also of course would pay off any debts and help my immediate family.