IGNORED

A&E Just Committed Suicide

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
Dear A&E, congratulations, you just committed suicide

phil.png?w=640

Dear A&E,

I read that you are indefinitely suspending Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty after he quoted the Bible and said that the homosexual act is sinful. I get it, guys. I do. You punished the Christian guy for being a Christian because you got some angry emails from a bunch of whiny gay activists who lack the spine and maturity to deal with the fact that there are still people out there who have the guts to articulate opinions that they find disagreeable. In so doing, you’ve kowtowed to a pushy minority of vocal bullies who don’t even watch your channel, while alienating the fan base of the one show that keeps your entire network afloat.

Makes sense.

You’ve got standards, after all. You wouldn’t want to be associated with tasteless and inappropriate things. The people on Duck Dynasty can’t be allowed to run around being all Christian-like. It might ruin the reputation of the network whose other shows include Hoarders and Intervention — programs that invite viewers to gawk at drug addicts and the mentally ill for their own amusement.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/12/19/dear-ae-congratulations-you-just-committed-suicide/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If the moral majority spoke out more often against the deliberate perverting of society and voted with their wallets (in this case by refusing to watch a TV channel) then maybe some of this decadence could be reversed.... just maybe.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

I'm personally boycotting A&E and won't watch any of their shows anymore.  Some of my favorite shows on on their like the First 48 but this makes me upset.  First I had silently praised them for having Christian faith shown on Duck Dynasty but now they do this...  I guess as long as he was politically correct it was tolerated.

This is just a personal decision for me and I won't be watching their network anymore.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Mheh...I have long made mention of the fact that those who squawk the loudest about equality, freedoms and 'rights, are the also the loudest to quash anything they personally disagree with.

Even Geraldo on Fox this am was outspoken about the A&E suspension of Mr Robertson.  

Guest AFlameOfFire

Its weird too that A&E has a christian family (with a largely christian following)  who believe in the word of God. But A&E is somehow under the impression that it owns Phils  lips  and should control (even suppress) all the opinions they express (even from the word of God) if you work for them.

What is stranger is, that A&E is actually catering to most of those (gay activists) who could actually care less about watching Duck Dynasty anyway. They seem to be using these christians (even the Father) to be made an example of "before other christians" (as to who is or is not a true christian).

A true christian (according to their reasoning) apparently wont quote (or "champion") the word of God (on who exactly will not be entering the Kingdom of God). However, one is a true christian (according to their reasoning) in championing the cause of homosexuality (while suppressing the word of God on the matter).

Which is why Phil is also being "put out" as some kind of disgrace as a christian, as true christians (as is now being highlighted) dont do as Phil does.

Seems more like the intended target practice is just coming into fruition, to train other christians (watching) what is true (and untrue) according to both A&E and gay activists, and Phil is the one being made the example of.

So, best follow Phil's example, he is doing something right! lol

Go Phil!

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Mheh...I have long made mention of the fact that those who squawk the loudest about equality, freedoms and 'rights, are the also the loudest to quash anything they personally disagree with.

Even Geraldo on Fox this am was outspoken about the A&E suspension of Mr Robertson.  

I caught Geraldo this am as well, but what troubles me more than the indefinate suspension is that GLAAD and similar NGOs are now claiming to redefine what "true" Christianity is.

"'Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe,' said GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz ..."

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

Many of the comments on the site are supporting Phil Robertson.

Guest shiloh357

I caught Geraldo this am as well, but what troubles me more than the indefinate suspension is that GLAAD and similar NGOs are now claiming to redefine what "true" Christianity is.

"'Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe,' said GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz ..."

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

You are right.  I hadn't noticed that before.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah, that ^ The head of the family show (to a following of christians) has been used as a target and by the same are redefining what true christianity is (exactly).

Making them a prey who do not agree with what is called the gay "lifestyle" (which is practicing homosexuality) which again is a sin (and of the same) which practice these things will not (as Phil agrees) inherit the Kingdom of God.

Phil just agrees with the apostles, not the gay activists, and I believe that its still legal in the U.S to voice disagreement with those you actually do disagree with.

Christians must let those who perform same sex stay in their bed and breakfast's but christians cannot draw a paycheck (or work) for A&E unless they forsake the word of God, and pimp out the gay agenda?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I'm personally boycotting A&E and won't watch any of their shows anymore.  Some of my favorite shows on on their like the First 48 but this makes me upset.  First I had silently praised them for having Christian faith shown on Duck Dynasty but now they do this...  I guess as long as he was politically correct it was tolerated.

This is just a personal decision for me and I won't be watching their network anymore.

I"m with you, it's off my list!