• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

What gets me is the hypocrisy. I'm sure Phil knows A&e supports gay rights-but he signed on. He didn't bash them for it. Just voiced his opinion. His opinion. He never said he was speaking for a&e. All a&e had to do was say his view aren't there's and it should have ended there.

Guest shiloh357

Media talking heads are making the point that this is not a free speech issue, that A&E had the right to fire Phil based on the fact that they are his "employers."   The fact that Phil Robertson was not speaking as a representative of A&E, was not on A&E's dime at the time, and was speaking to GQ magazine is apparently irrelevant, as far as they are concerned.    The REAL reason was the outrage of the homosexual community and the pressure they exerted that pushed A&E to make their decision to can Phil.

I have a strong feeling that had the Duck Dynasty family not been Christians, had they been crazy drunken rednecks and one of them spouted off some comments about what they thought about Christianity and Christian values and what they think about Christians that Christians found offensive or degrading,  those comments would have been defended as "protected free speech."   Unbridled hypocrisy at its best.

Guest AFlameOfFire

What gets me is the hypocrisy. I'm sure Phil knows A&e supports gay rights-but he signed on. He didn't bash them for it. Just voiced his opinion. His opinion. He never said he was speaking for a&e. All a&e had to do was say his view aren't there's and it should have ended there.

Exactly! and whats so difficult about that right?

We differ in opinion (but he is free to have one like we allow ourselves)

I think they just like making a spectacle of a christian.

A&E's loss really.

Besides, now folks know if you go to work for A&E they want to both suppress and own your opinions.

As long as your christian faith is just for show (where we can add in bleeps to make you look like your cussing when your not) and edit where we want (fine) but dont be living it or speaking of it (for real) while drawing a paycheck from them. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If I knew who A&E were, I might be righteously angry....

But I don't so......

Guest shiloh357

But I don't so......

LOL,

A&E is a cable TV station in the United States that runs a number of reality shows and human interest documentaries.   They have some shows that I think really push the envevlope of appropriateness.  

Guest AFlameOfFire

Now I went to take a peek at where this topic is come up and being discussed elsewhere. And I was reading where one christian poster (or so says his icon) which goes into what a hypocrit Phil is (just for quoting Pauls words). And basically because Phil used to run around on his wife and he named some things in Phils past.

Now, I really hate when folks do stuff like that because ones past is inclusive within the very context where Phil has quoted anyway.

The next verse after the one Phil quotes is...

1Cr 6:11 And such **were** some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

So even there, Paul is acknowledging the fact that such were some of you (who are allowed to quote this verse without hypocricy). Quoting this verse doesnt make anyone a hypocrit to acknowledge they themselves practiced the same things (even as is written that is so).

And lets just say (and Im not saying it) that Phil himself is in continuance of doing those things (which he himself acknowledges will not inherit the Kingdom of God) even as Paul states. Phils own lifestyle being targeted ( to make void those words) still dont void the words of Paul (which he just might quote). They (who are doing this) do so (believing) they can somehow justify making Pauls words invalid. And because they didnt like what he said. And so its like using any christian, in this case Phil (who quotes those words as truth) but (lets just say) fails to walk in the truth (thus, in their minds) that make the words he speaks not valid through their standard of measure, which is "the man" himself.

They arent separating the issue. And just because Phil (personally) could be judged by others (or even accused, whether falsely or not) or even more or less as (either walking in the truth) or not. Thats a separate issue then the words (which are written) because these will not fail to be true regardless of Phil either way.

Guest AFlameOfFire

But I don't so......

I didnt know myself to be honest, but its just the network that carries the show, like he said ^

LOL

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Dear A&E, congratulations, you just committed suicide

phil.png?w=640

Dear A&E,

I read that you are indefinitely suspending Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty after he quoted the Bible and said that the homosexual act is sinful. I get it, guys. I do. You punished the Christian guy for being a Christian because you got some angry emails from a bunch of whiny gay activists who lack the spine and maturity to deal with the fact that there are still people out there who have the guts to articulate opinions that they find disagreeable. In so doing, you’ve kowtowed to a pushy minority of vocal bullies who don’t even watch your channel, while alienating the fan base of the one show that keeps your entire network afloat.

Makes sense.

You’ve got standards, after all. You wouldn’t want to be associated with tasteless and inappropriate things. The people on Duck Dynasty can’t be allowed to run around being all Christian-like. It might ruin the reputation of the network whose other shows include Hoarders and Intervention — programs that invite viewers to gawk at drug addicts and the mentally ill for their own amusement.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/12/19/dear-ae-congratulations-you-just-committed-suicide/

:clap:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I'm personally boycotting A&E and won't watch any of their shows anymore.  Some of my favorite shows on on their like the First 48 but this makes me upset.  First I had silently praised them for having Christian faith shown on Duck Dynasty but now they do this...  I guess as long as he was politically correct it was tolerated.

This is just a personal decision for me and I won't be watching their network anymore.

I will not watch their network either; most of it is garbage anyway.  Make sure to sign the http://istandwithphil.com/ petition and let A & E KNOW how you feel.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

I just came across Phil's FULL Comment's......Media editing at it's best.....

http://lite987.com/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-gq-interview/

GOOOOoooooooo PHIL!!!!