Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I think Phil was set up, the interviewer, knowing he's a Christian asked a question that would assume or imply the answers he gave, being he's so outspoken. I think the interviewer would've asked the same question in different forms until they got something to put out to the press like that. That was probly the third time they asked that kind of question and only used that part of the interview.

Guest AFlameOfFire

He'd make a great grandpa by the way. He just makes so much sense and has this really cool way about him. Even with his wife he is funny with her too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Mheh...I have long made mention of the fact that those who squawk the loudest about equality, freedoms and 'rights, are the also the loudest to quash anything they personally disagree with.

Even Geraldo on Fox this am was outspoken about the A&E suspension of Mr Robertson.  

I caught Geraldo this am as well, but what troubles me more than the indefinate suspension is that GLAAD and similar NGOs are now claiming to redefine what "true" Christianity is.

"'Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe,' said GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz ..."

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

Many of the comments on the site are supporting Phil Robertson.

I have never watched Duck Dynasty...I am just not a fan of reality TV...

I did skim the article and you know, it's a broken record...vile and extreme stereotypes...meaning Christians who believe the Bible...I think they were just shocked that someone

remembered what they actually do behind closed doors.  

That fuzzy cute little picture of 2 men or 2 women holding hands and the books about "I have two mommies/daddies' is not something anyone has to accept.

Muslims can rant against homsexuality until the cows er goats, come home and everyone will just become uncomfortably quiet.  Christians cannot state their beliefs without

these tolerant and loving people going ballistic.  I would call it ironic, but it is much worse than that.

All to be expected however

Dear A&E, congratulations, you just committed suicide

phil.png?w=640

Dear A&E,

I read that you are indefinitely suspending Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty after he quoted the Bible and said that the homosexual act is sinful. I get it, guys. I do. You punished the Christian guy for being a Christian because you got some angry emails from a bunch of whiny gay activists who lack the spine and maturity to deal with the fact that there are still people out there who have the guts to articulate opinions that they find disagreeable. In so doing, you’ve kowtowed to a pushy minority of vocal bullies who don’t even watch your channel, while alienating the fan base of the one show that keeps your entire network afloat.

Makes sense.

You’ve got standards, after all. You wouldn’t want to be associated with tasteless and inappropriate things. The people on Duck Dynasty can’t be allowed to run around being all Christian-like. It might ruin the reputation of the network whose other shows include Hoarders and Intervention — programs that invite viewers to gawk at drug addicts and the mentally ill for their own amusement.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/12/19/dear-ae-congratulations-you-just-committed-suicide/

LOL!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I am boycotting A & E to, with one exception. Theres a chance the rest of the family might finish out their contract if they have one-after all if they signed it, then as christians they should finish it, in that case I will continue to watch Duck Dynasty, but that is it. Though, in all honesty, I think theres a 50/50 chance of A&E reversing their decision. What speaks more then "rights" is money, and the outcry from this might just change their opinion.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1971

If the moral majority spoke out more often against the deliberate perverting of society and voted with their wallets (in this case by refusing to watch a TV channel) then maybe some of this decadence could be reversed.... just maybe.

Preach it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The network has the right to fire phil for whatever reason they wish. However I do think this was a bad decision on their part and I encourage everyone who is upset and claiming they will boycott the network to let them know. They have ways of being contacted by email, snail mail, phone calls. Let them know how you feel about what they did. Let them know you will contact each one of the advertisers on their show to let them know how you feel about what they did. Nothing will get the networks attention quicker than upsetting their advertisers. 

A true christian (according to their reasoning) apparently wont quote (or "champion") the word of God (on who exactly will not be entering the Kingdom of God). However, one is a true christian (according to their reasoning) in championing the cause of homosexuality (while suppressing the word of God on the matter).

Which is why Phil is also being "put out" as some kind of disgrace as a christian, as true christians (as is now being highlighted) dont do as Phil does.

Seems more like the intended target practice is just coming into fruition, to train other christians (watching) what is true (and untrue) according to both A&E and gay activists, and Phil is the one being made the example of.

So, best follow Phil's example, he is doing something right! lol

Go Phil!

This is interesting AFlame,

When a Christian points to sin as unacceptable there is always the opportunity to be found a hypocrite .  

Guest AFlameOfFire

Definitely, if we are being a hypocrite ourselves.

They "which say, but do not" have been around a long time.

Do as they say not as they do (if even they don't do as they say).