IGNORED

A&E Just Committed Suicide

Guest shiloh357

Guest AFlameOfFire

And Muslims are harsher too.

Heres their opinion on homosexuality, which is not only a sin but a crime against God, punishable by beating and repeat offense is being stoned to death.

I cant copy paste again on this puter, but you can take a look at wiki Islam on homosexuality and Islam.

Iran they do unmentionable things to their parts I wont post.

A&E is getting a TON of negative backlash.   The negative backlash they are getting is way bigger than what a few gay groups did.  This is simply a case of them bowing to special interest groups.

And that backlash is generating interest from people who've never seen or heard of the show. Those numbers will probably make Duck Dynasty's 5th season opener one of the highest rated episodes ever. The entire 5th season has already been made and from what I understand, Phil is in every episode. People are going to tune in to see what all the hoopla is about.

Duck Dynasty is the highest rated cable show ever. A&E isn't going to just dump it. There's too much money involved.

But I could be wrong. It happens. But I highly doubt it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Guest shiloh357

And that backlash is generating interest from people who've never seen or heard of the show. Those numbers will probably make Duck Dynasty's 5th season opener one of the highest rated episodes ever

But you said that the reason they used GQ was so they wouldn't get negative backlash.  Now you're saying the negative backlash is a good thing?  If negative backlash is what they didn't want, how is it suddenly a boon for their show?   That doesn't make sense.   If they had been worried about backlash, they would have considered that the gay community is not the majority demographic that watches the show before the bowed to the gays so quickly.   This was not a publicity stunt.  That really doesn't ring true, here.  It was a bad business decision made because of the pressure of special interests groups.

The entire 5th season has already been made and from what I understand, Phil is in every episode. People are going to tune in to see what all the hoopla is about.

Yeah, one or two episodes and that hype will burn out quickly.  Any interest based on the current situation won't last because people aren't interested in the show itself, they just want to see what the commotion is about.  When the see it is much ado about nothing, the ratings go down

Duck Dynasty is the highest rated cable show ever. A&E isn't going to just dump it. There's too much money involved

Too bad they didn't think about that before they made such a rash and impulsive decision.  Given the negative backlash

And that backlash is generating interest from people who've never seen or heard of the show. Those numbers will probably make Duck Dynasty's 5th season opener one of the highest rated episodes ever

But you said that the reason they used GQ was so they wouldn't get negative backlash.  Now you're saying the negative backlash is a good thing?  If negative backlash is what they didn't want, how is it suddenly a boon for their show?   That doesn't make sense.   If they had been worried about backlash, they would have considered that the gay community is not the majority demographic that watches the show before the bowed to the gays so quickly.   This was not a publicity stunt.  That really doesn't ring true, here.  It was a bad business decision made because of the pressure of special interests groups.

The entire 5th season has already been made and from what I understand, Phil is in every episode. People are going to tune in to see what all the hoopla is about.

Yeah, one or two episodes and that hype will burn out quickly.  Any interest based on the current situation won't last because people aren't interested in the show itself, they just want to see what the commotion is about.  When the see it is much ado about nothing, the ratings go down

Duck Dynasty is the highest rated cable show ever. A&E isn't going to just dump it. There's too much money involved

Too bad they didn't think about that before they made such a rash and impulsive decision.  Given the negative backlash

We'll see, come January 15th.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

I think it's just a publicity stunt to attract more viewers. 

No, it's not a publicity stunt.  For one thing they would not have used GQ to create such a stunt.  They would have had him say those things on the Duck Dynasty show if they were interested in performing a stunt.   Furthermore, doing something you know is going to make the gay and African American communities angry is a highly inefficient and dangerous strategy that no one in that industry would risk.

By using GQ magazine A&E doesn't absorb any of the negative backlash. The anger from the gay and african american communities is focused on Phil, not A&E. A&E responds by immediately firing Phil, giving the impression that they are innocent in anything Phil said. Everything falls on the shoulders of Phil.

All of this works to A&E's advantage.

A&E is getting a TON of negative backlash.   The negative backlash they are getting is way bigger than what a few gay groups did.  This is simply a case of them bowing to special interest groups.

GLAAD is also getting negative backlash; it's seems to be similar to what happened when GLBT NGOs went after the president of Chick-fil-A for stating his beliefs on marriage.

I still can't believe GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz had the audacity to claim to know "what true Christians believe" let alone who these true Christians are!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm simply done with A & E, they want to play this game so can we. It's all just using political correctness as a tool to silence hearing truth. They lash out like this because deep down they feel conviction from their own consciousness. The sad truth is they key in on this one issue in their lives and claim they are being told that they are going to hell for it. Two things come to mind over this. 1 - that they claim to be hurt by something they say they don't believe, how can you feel hurt by something you claim to not believe? Example Islam would tell me I'm going to burn for denying their god and prophet. I don't agree and could care less if they tell me I will. 2 - any of them could wake up tomorrow and no longer be gay and their eternal destiny would be no different than when they went to bed. They like us have many other sin in their life. They need to accept Christ payment for their sins and then and only then can the Holy Spirit enter in and begin to change them. It is not simply an issue with one particular sin in their life. Simply correcting that does not suddenly make them all better and if they listen that is not what they are being told. It's just the main excuse they use to deny the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I'm simply done with A & E, they want to play this game so can we. 

Make sure you let the network know you are done. There is a place online at their website to contact them. 

Since glaad has decided to contact the advertisers of the show and tell them how horrified they are about whom they sponsor, folks who support the duck dynasty people should contact the advertisers and let them know you appreciate their support for the show. Dont let that vocal group be the sole voice advertisers hear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

This was a different perspective...

Consider the Birds....

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2013

Who defends a lion?

Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Unchain it and it will defend itself.

-C H Spurgeon

Heart heavy by the product of information falling on deaf ears of ignorance, I write this, knowing that on deaf ears it may fall again.

I have watched and read silently this week as many claiming-to-be followers of Christ made fools of themselves by ignorantly commenting and posting from one end of the spectrum or another about a belief shared by a multimillionaire. My grief is not at all with the statement from Phil Robertson. My only comment on that is if you do not want the opinion of a bible believing man, don't ask for it.

Rather, my heaviness comes from the obscene amount of support that one man has gotten over being suspended from a television show that, let's face it folks, he hates doing anyway. Why, my defenders of the faith, are we so passionate about defending a man who will pick up his shotgun and quietly retreat to his earthly paradise of duck hunting, when there are so many other defenseless souls that need your outcries so much more? Where are your posts and reposts about the sex trafficking that is happening, not only in foreign lands across the world, but on US SOIL? Where is your disgust that the majority of benefactors of this industry are American business men? Why are we not standing in the gap for the poor and hungry who will merely experience Wednesday, December 25, and not Christmas Day as the bulk of us will embrace it with cheer and gluttony? And where are the articles posted about abortion? Where are the voices to defend those lives that we're never given a chance to develop one? The hungry, the hurting, the forgotten? Do we not defend because they do not entertain? Where is the church when it matters?

I guarantee you that Phil Robertson is doing just fine whether you agree with his sentiments or not or whether you establish a Facebook group of supporters or protestors. Instead, I challenge you to use your social media footprint to defend someone who needs defending, not Phil Robertson and not the Bible. The Word of God has never needed defending, only sharing.

Let the Lion do its thing.

As for us, may we take to heart and action from Romans 12:9-21:

9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,[g] serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.[h] Never be wise in your own sight. 17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

http://reallycreativeblogname.blogspot.com/2013/12/who-defends-lion.html?m=1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Media talking heads are making the point that this is not a free speech issue, that A&E had the right to fire Phil based on the fact that they are his "employers."   The fact that Phil Robertson was not speaking as a representative of A&E, was not on A&E's dime at the time, and was speaking to GQ magazine is apparently irrelevant, as far as they are concerned.    The REAL reason was the outrage of the homosexual community and the pressure they exerted that pushed A&E to make their decision to can Phil.

I have a strong feeling that had the Duck Dynasty family not been Christians, had they been crazy drunken rednecks and one of them spouted off some comments about what they thought about Christianity and Christian values and what they think about Christians that Christians found offensive or degrading,  those comments would have been defended as "protected free speech."   Unbridled hypocrisy at its best.

And A&E does have the right to fire Phil for expressing his views, if just like Phil they are man enough to accept the consequences of their action.    And Shiloh, I hope you are right about committing suicide.  Maybe this is that catalyst that will get Christians to stand up and say enough.    Maybe we can find out if there are a lot more gay people than there are Christians.

We'll see, come January 15th.

:whistling: