Through the spirit.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Brain is material since it can be produced, seen, felt, dissected etc mind is not material - science dematerialised matter, so in fact brain is just as much  mental as mind is, so communication is possible - we actually and really live in a mental/spiritual world  with an illusion of physical/material - there is nothing other than or outside mind - wincam 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Brain is material since it can be produced, seen, felt, dissected etc mind is not material - science dematerialised matter, so in fact brain is just as much  mental as mind is, so communication is possible - we actually and really live in a mental/spiritual world  with an illusion of physical/material - there is nothing other than or outside mind - wincam 

Hey wincam,

it is an interesting question.

part of the confusion I think is that it is a highly philosophical question, entering into a discussion not with Moses, or Paul or the Bible, but rather with Descartes, or Hobbes, or Kant or Hume.

The question I believe has this as its background: in all our experience matter interacts with matter from billiard balls to cuts on my arm to the even the weather.  When we move from these to the question of how "the will" or "the soul" produces effects on our body (how an act of will can produce "thought" and "reason" via the matter in side of my noggen, or can communicate signals along my nerve fibers which cause my arm to pick up my coffee) we move from the imaginable to the unimaginable.  We can all keep in our heads two picturable things interacting with each other; but we can't imagine one unimaginable thing interacting with another imaginable.

Have I got the basic problem down?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

how does brain communicate with mind  - especially since materiality and physicality do not exist and their existence is an illusion and a bluff - wincam

You are asking a question from your viewpoint....if materiality and physicality don't exist then 'brain' doesn't exist and, therefore, isn't communicating with anything.  There is no question to answer. 

ah ha morning glory - it is exactly the same only different - you are mostly but not completely right - wincam

yes you are indeed on the right track imho - the answer,however, has troubled and is still troubling the best brains/philosophers in the world  - let me tell you then that one of the greatest if not the greatest achievement/s of science was and is the dematerialisation of matter - its existence is an illusion and a bluff - wincam 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

how does brain communicate with mind  - especially since materiality and physicality do not exist and their existence is an illusion and a bluff - wincam

You are asking a question from your viewpoint....if materiality and physicality don't exist then 'brain' doesn't exist and, therefore, isn't communicating with anything.  There is no question to answer. 

I agree with morning glory....that is if I understand your position.

Aren't you asking (in reduced terms) how materiality communicates with immateriality if materiality does not actually exist?  The answer is, it doesn't.....it doesn't exist.

not at all - it does not necessarily follow - try again and don't get anxious for this has troubled the world's best brains over the centuries without an acceptable answer - wincam

Edited by wincam

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

not at all - it does not necessarily follow - try again and don't get anxious for this has troubled the world's best brains over the centuries without an acceptable answer - wincam

If there isn't an acceptable answer and the question has troubled the world's best brains why even ask that question unless you have an answer for us which would make you the best brain in the Universe :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because of our beginning we are! Undoubtedly you will say 'no dah steven your a retard' but limp along with me

in this... as the end will bring into the reality of this path that we are in here:

The nature of our continuance in knowledge leads us to examination of micro and macro to a degree of intense

amounts allowing only for two responses 1. pride or 2. humility (period) but in truth we are no further than

when we first began as w(W)ho's holding the scale... pride we hold the scale or humility; humility the scale is held

by that outside of self! By the molecular module we learn energy is testified of being neither created or

destroyed but that of entropy a passing out of useable form as to life sustainment in such as we are held status

quo of the know (poetical don't you think?). Now in this very spot I can safely say that energy is not God but

rather the last minute/maximal pointer into the eternal exist That of Spirit a substance of non-reliance upon

entity of the formation of energy or any law or boundary or concept but that of Being outside of beginning and

end-> that all (that is here) points to but in order to see one must be willing to be nothing so that Everything

may realign the conception of hope that is not bound by begin and end but merely is a patience of examination of

the 'IS' >a boundless place of non-reliance< (period)...

Now for the pride group they have set the demands internally as immediate satisfaction or gratification of sensual

perception, of which, we can't be to hard on them they just demand for conclusion (as) that without begin and end is

very un-settling to them in this their endeavor as it takes away their very purpose of being that of conclusion! :D

Now for the subject at hand dematerialization "the greatest achievement of mankind" :24: excuse me :red_smile: but it

is not hard to understand where this goes that of which standing on the materialized portion pointing and saying (ah ha!)

that which is (material) can be undone... however I suggest that death and entropy have done this in a much more eloquent

way :thumbsup: ... sorry I can't be more optimistic for your enthusiasm of this but being lord over the rocks seems

a very small step for anything :( . I've been doing with them as I will for years- chunking them, piling them, kicking

them etc.

Now for those who set in the chair of truth witnessing the wonders that come to us everyday in an ever increasing

insurgence of fulfilled Word-

Dan 12:4

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book,

even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and

knowledge shall be increased.

KJV

What a kindness to us whom He Loves :thumbsup: we know exactly where we are in regard of His Word!

The Word that was before all without begin and formed all that we know written so that we might have the absolute within

the eternities of boundless possibilities non bounded by that begin. Wherein we are set free from the tether of reliance

upon that corporeal begin and through the vehicle of faith we embrace the realigned hope formed from His Word into His

Presence and Good pleasure without the expectation of boundary... Love, Steven